Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 03-06-2015, 08:34 PM   #1
jasonzimmie
Minors (Double A)

I am new to the game and wanted to start my own solo

league beginning in 1871 and continuing to present day with all the real historical players and I was wondering if there was a wiki or a site that would teach you the ins and outs of setting up a solo league, jow to use ootpou and statslab with the solo league (if I can), right now i'm using a microsoft surface pro 3 and I am in no way a techie so if anyone would be able to point me in the right direction I'd be greatly appreciated.
jasonzimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 09:21 PM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonzimmie View Post
league beginning in 1871 and continuing to present day with all the real historical players and I was wondering if there was a wiki or a site that would teach you the ins and outs of setting up a solo league, jow to use ootpou and statslab with the solo league (if I can), right now i'm using a microsoft surface pro 3 and I am in no way a techie so if anyone would be able to point me in the right direction I'd be greatly appreciated.
Do you want accuracy or just go with OOTP solo historical league which has the AL in 1871?

Basically the wizard is the easiest setup. It will give you 8 teams, you will have to do a fantasy draft prior to 1901. You can find some good uniform sets for pre 1900. No Pepper or texranger/Kniuckler have the best ones. Justafan and Gambo have pre 1900 logos. Justafan in his thread gambo on ootpmods.com historical logos set.
There are plenty of ballpark images. Gambo has a great set and below I have attached a set.
All 115 MLB Ball Parks - New Layout
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 09:34 PM   #3
jasonzimmie
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Do you want accuracy or just go with OOTP solo historical league which has the AL in 1871?

Basically the wizard is the easiest setup. It will give you 8 teams, you will have to do a fantasy draft prior to 1901. You can find some good uniform sets for pre 1900. No Pepper or texranger/Kniuckler have the best ones. Justafan and Gambo have pre 1900 logos. Justafan in his thread gambo on ootpmods.com historical logos set.
There are plenty of ballpark images. Gambo has a great set and below I have attached a set.
so then when I set up league, they will use real players? Also how do I play my game and sim the rest of the day, is there a certain screen that i do it on?
Old 03-08-2015, 01:03 AM   #4
jasonzimmie
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post

I would really like accuracy
Old 03-08-2015, 09:00 PM   #5
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
so then when I set up league, they will use real players? Also how do I play my game and sim the rest of the day, is there a certain screen that i do it on?
see if the screenshots help. Accuracy takes time and some more OOTP knowledge. Also kind of in a hurry tonite so dont have a lot of time to give you the rundown on how to get an accurate 1871-today. Try an advanced search on the forums. I may have outlined it in the past. Short explanation is create a hsitorical 1871 league and then a fictional 1871 league with one subdivision. edit the teams from 1871 from the existing teams, delete the fictional players. release all players from real 1871 and schedule a fantasy draft or manually assign each player to their real team. Delete real 1871 and expand manually in the fictional league. It is easier to do then it sounds but time consuming. I didn't try that until OOITP 13. I started with OOTP 11.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:42 AM   #6
Arc Flash
Bat Boy

Quote:

Here is a link to OOTP Community Wiki :

http://ootpwiki.info/tiki-index.php

If you are familiar with the History of Base Ball you can check out Major League Baseball & MLB Encyclopedia | Baseball-Reference.com and build your Historical League with the real teams and lineups. But you have to do it manually each season until 1901. A bit of work but fun if you love learning about its history and players, the way the game evolved over the years.

You just have to setup the Historical Game and after you start the game you can realign the league manually by going to League Settings / Edit League Structure...you will see 8 teams in 2 divisions. move the 4 teams in the American League to the National League and then delete the AL. Then you Click Add New Team for a total of nine Teams. Then Go to there Front Offices and Rename then to the original Team Names.

Have all the players maybe 150 original, sent to your Free Agent page and in commissioner mode edit the players to there real teams. If you want an eazy way to know the teams and roasters go to Wikipedia and type in "1871 In Baseball". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1871_in_baseball

Hope this can help you.

Last edited by Arc Flash; 03-23-2015 at 12:56 AM.
Arc Flash is offline   Reply With Quote