Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 02-22-2015, 12:09 PM   #1
RayFleetwood
Minors (Rookie Ball)

How do I roll back to a specific date?

I started a new season for a historical league and I realized I made a mistake with the schedule. I'm only three weeks in. I haven't save or exited the game. Is there a way to roll back to the beginning of the season so I can make the necessary corrections?

Thank you in advance.
RayFleetwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 12:47 PM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

It's not possible to roll back the game date in OOTP.

Do you have a backup? If so, you can restore from that.

Suggestion for future leagues:

Once you have a league setup the way you want it and ready to go, make a copy of your lg folder and put it some place safe.

Make regular backups of your league.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 02:05 PM   #3
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

If you haven't saved (and please note I don't recommend doing this often), you can intentionally crash the game using the Task Manager (ctrl+alt+delete) or with a hard reset, which would bypass the save on exit feature, and force it to load the latest save when you start it up again.

But understand that this is not a risk-free solution. Chances are, your game will be alright, but remember that you are crashing it. There is ALWAYS the chance that something gets corrupted. So in the future, create backups of your leagues. The process takes some time, but it's well worth it.

Last edited by Fyrestorm3; 02-22-2015 at 10:27 PM.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:59 PM   #4
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

True words have never been spoken. I'm due for a back-up.

Thanks for the reminder.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:28 PM   #5
RchW
Hall Of Famer

If you do cumulative backup in game they can take as little as 15 seconds because you are only saving newly created files.

I'm over the top but I do dated backups so I can return to opening day or the ASG or trade deadline.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 09:17 PM   #6
swoboda
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
If you do cumulative backup in game they can take as little as 15 seconds because you are only saving newly created files.

I'm over the top but I do dated backups so I can return to opening day or the ASG or trade deadline.
Interesting. That would allow one to go back to say the AS break and play with some roster changes to see the impact on the pennant races . Helpful when I test sim a new league to get targeted league stats. I've always just backed up pre spring training. But I think your strategy is better.

The late great Lindsey Nelson
swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote