Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 02-09-2012, 03:36 PM   #1
tnfoto
Global Moderator

tnfoto baseball photos website

Three years ago I joined this forum upon recommendation from some of my friends in SABR. Over the past three years I have thoroughly enjoyed the camaraderie within our group, and have made many new friends here. Today in celebration of my third “anniversary,” I am introducing a new website where I will track my photo projects in more detail than I can on the OOTP forums. You can find links in my updated signature line.

For those of you who may not know it already I am not a sim player, but a baseball researcher. My primary focus for the past five or six years has been pictorial history, with the objective being to positively identify each Major League player, manager, coach and umpire. Now I’m beginning to work on minor league players as well.

My website will focus on the progress I’m making toward my goals, and will also allow me to organize projects such as team packs in a more orderly way than is possible in a thread of chronological posts. On my site you will find separate pages for the facepack, team packs and other photo projects. Starting with the next facepack release (tentatively scheduled around the start of spring training), rather than link to my FileFront directory, I will be posting a link to this facepack page, from which you will be able to download the latest version of the facepack and the updated missing player list. If there is enough interest, I may also maintain a live missing player list on the site.

In addition to baseball photos, I (along with fellow SABR member Bruce Brown) have run a daily baseball trivia email service for the past 15 years. You can find separate pages for baseball trivia and custom theme teams, with subscription links for anyone interested.

For those who are willing and able, I have included a PayPal donation link on each page. If I have helped fill holes in your collection, helped you with a project, or if you have enjoyed the facepack updates and enhancement, please consider making a donation. Donations will help me to continue to enhance the facepack, fill custom requests, and find and share photos with the group. I appreciate any contributions.

My thanks to everyone here for making the past three years such an enjoyable experience. I look forward to many more!
Download Facepack & more at tnfoto's Baseball Photos Homepage
Photo threads: 2022 Debuts Majors Managers Coaches Umpires Minors Negro League Image Requests General Image Discussion
tnfoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #2
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Well done and thank you again. I am looking forward to following the minor league project that you are embarking on.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:35 PM   #3
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

I like the trivia and just subscribed. (Meant to earlier)
Old 03-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #4
tnfoto
Global Moderator

Facepack Update Released

I have just finished uploading the spring training 2012 release of the facepack, with over 600 new photos and more than 1,000 additional updates. Please visit the facepack page on my website for complete details and download links.

Along with the facepack release, Pegasus27 has agreed to allow me to provide a near-real-time version of the Uniforms I Need (UIN) list on my website. You can find the latest version of the UIN list on the Pegasus27 UIN List page. I will update the list whenever I see a new UIN post on the forum.

Note that I am also posting this notice to the Gambo-and-T_Wil1 thread. In the future I will continue to post facepack updates to the Gambo-and-T_Wil1 thread, but will make all other website update announcements in this thread.

The next website update I have planned is a listing of source websites I use when hunting for photos. Look for an update announcement later this week!
Photo threads: 2022 Debuts Majors Managers Coaches Umpires Minors Negro League Image Requests General Image Discussion
Old 03-20-2012, 11:40 AM   #5
tnfoto
Global Moderator

Image Links Added

I have created a new page on my site that lists various baseball photo sources. I will update this list regularly.

You can view the list here.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #6
tnfoto
Global Moderator

tnfoto Major League and Minor League Image Databases

Along with the latest facepack release (including the first of the 2012 debuts), I am now offering my Major League and minor league image databases for those who would like to track and organize their photo collection. Right now I only offer Microsoft Access versions of the databases, but feel free to ask if you would like a different version.

You can view more information about the databases, as well as some sample screenshots at my new tnfoto Photo Database page.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:04 AM   #7
tnfoto
Global Moderator

Facepack Update Released

I have just uploaded the second 2012 mid-season Facepack update. It includes 619 new photos:

48 new coach images
5 new manager images
517 new player images
49 new umpire images

You can see additional details about this release, along with download links, on my Facepack page.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:20 PM   #8
tnfoto
Global Moderator

Facepack Update Released

I have just uploaded the 2012-13 offseason Facepack update. It includes 480 new photos:

31 new coach images
12 new manager images
421 new player images
16 new umpire images

This release includes all 206 players who debuted in 2012, 40 formerly-missing players, 1 formerly-missing manager and 3 formerly-missing umpires. I removed 2 players who were incorrectly identified and corrected 13 players who had likewise been misidentified. In addition to the Facepack upgrades posted in the player, coach, manager and umpire threads, I made nearly 100 behind-the-scenes upgrades.

You can see additional details about this release, along with download links, on my Facepack page.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #9
tnfoto
Global Moderator

Facepack Update Released

I have completed and uploaded the first 2013 mid-season release of the Facepack (download links below). This version includes 244 new photos:
188 new player photos, including 50 new 2013 player debuts
7 new manager photos, including 3 new 2013 manager debuts
39 new coach photos, including 34 new 2013 coach debuts
10 new umpire photos

Since the last Facepack release in January 2013, 16 formerly-missing players, 1 formerly-missing manager and 2 formerly-missing umpires have been found. 26 ID errors were also corrected in this release.

I have been unhappy with the file retention limits on GameFront, so I am hosting this version of the Facepack on my Google Drive. Please let me know if you have trouble accessing or downloading.

Old 05-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #10
tnfoto
Global Moderator

PCL Photopack

I have started cataloging minor league photos, and have begun assembling a PCL photopack. I started with the 1980s and am working forward and backward from that point. I hope to have the first version of the pack available within a month, which would include players who appeared in the PCL between 1979 and 1991. Based on interest and photo availability I will continue to update the pack and add new years regularly.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #11
tnfoto
Global Moderator

Facepack Update Released

I have completed and uploaded the second 2013 mid-season release of the Facepack (download links below). This version includes 240 new photos:

217 new player photos, including 119 new 2013 player debuts
1 new manager photo
9 new coach photos, including 5 new 2013 coach debuts
13 new umpire photos, including 1 new 2013 umpire

Since the last Facepack release in May 2013, 8 formerly-missing players, 1 formerly-missing manager and 8 formerly-missing umpires have been found.

Download Facepack Single Player Folder version
Download Facepack Player Debut Folder version

Last edited by tnfoto; 08-12-2013 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Corrected image count
Old 09-10-2013, 12:35 AM   #12
Otis
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnfoto View Post
I have started cataloging minor league photos, and have begun assembling a PCL photopack. I started with the 1980s and am working forward and backward from that point. I hope to have the first version of the pack available within a month, which would include players who appeared in the PCL between 1979 and 1991. Based on interest and photo availability I will continue to update the pack and add new years regularly.
Have you come across Mark Smith from the 1983 Tacoma Tigers ?
Otis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:54 AM   #13
tnfoto
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis View Post
Have you come across Mark Smith from the 1983 Tacoma Tigers ?
I have a photo of Mark C. Smith, but not with the Tigers.
Attached Images
Old 09-10-2013, 01:59 AM   #14
Otis
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for the quick reply! Very much appreciated.

Last edited by Otis; 09-10-2013 at 02:02 AM.
Otis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #15
cordcoslor
Minors (Rookie Ball)

excellent resource

Thank you so much, tnfoto, for all of your help in discovering some long-lost photos I've been searching for!! This website and all the resources of the community members is absolutely amazing!!
cordcoslor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:08 AM   #16
tnfoto
Global Moderator

Minor League Team Photos

I have added a new page on my website featuring the SABR Pictorial History Committee minor league team photo spreadsheet. This spreadsheet lists the minor league team photos available in various guides from 1895-1943. Where available the page numbers are listed. Many of the guides can be found at the Library of Congress or on Archive.org.

The spreadsheet can be viewed here.

Last edited by tnfoto; 11-13-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:18 PM   #17
tnfoto
Global Moderator

Facepack Update Released

I have completed and uploaded the 2013 end-of-season release of the Facepack. This version includes 189 new photos:

163 new player photos, including 62 new 2013 player debuts
3 new manager photos, including 1 new 2013 manager debut
11 new coach photos, including 3 new 2013 coach debuts
12 new umpire photos, including 3 new 2013 umpire debuts

Since the last Facepack release in August 2013, 11 formerly-missing players, 1 formerly-missing manager and 8 formerly-missing umpires have been found. I have also corrected 11 player ID errors and removed 3 other player photos that had been incorrectly identified.

If you use and enjoy the Facepack, please consider making a small donation to help me justify all the time I spend tracking down baseball photos to my family. There is a direct PayPal link on my Facepack page.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:58 PM   #18
tnfoto
Global Moderator

Team Packs Updated

The team packs I had uploaded to GameFront were no longer accessible, so I moved them to a new, permanent host. All of the team pack links are again live and I added several new team packs from 1927, 1928 and 1929. You can view the list of available packs here.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #19
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Really appreciate your site.

Wonder if there is a way to dl all the 'manager' pics at one time?

Don't forget to try PStrickert's great 1959 World Series Quickstart Mod for V12 & V11 !! At Padresfan's site.
skunkle333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #20
tnfoto
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkle333 View Post
Really appreciate your site.

Wonder if there is a way to dl all the 'manager' pics at one time?
Both versions of the Facepack (single player folder or player debut year folder versions) include a Managers directory that has a photo of each of the 669 managers who have been "found." Wherever possible they measure 180x270 pixels.