Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 03-31-2015, 10:25 PM   #1
badrazor1167
Bat Boy

Can i create a league like this and how?....

Hello, this is my first OOTP game. My first experience with baseball sims dates back to the 80's on my Apple IIe with "Earle Weaver Baseball". OOTP is amazing!

I want to create a league in today's format but i want to fill the league with teams throughout history ('27 Yankees, '86 Mets, '75 Reds etc etc)

Is this possible? If so, can you briefly explain how?

Thanks in advance!!

on edit: i wanted to clarify. So the NL East might look something like..

'86 Mets
'93 Phillies
'95 Braves
'97 Marlins
'14 Nationals

Frank

Last edited by badrazor1167; 03-31-2015 at 10:27 PM. Reason: wanted to clarify..
badrazor1167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:30 AM   #2
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

after you decide how many teams you want in this league create a new league, any league doesn't matter with however many team you want, your going to replace the teams anyway. You could just create a new standard game

Open up the league (Make sure you are in commissioner mode)

go to game menu
game settings
league settings
in the middle second option from the top is edit league structure

from there you can delete the default teams and add historical teams

after clicking add historical team you will need to navigate to C:/users/youruser/documents/out of the park developments/OOTP Baseball 15/stats/

in that folder you need to highlight either Historical_database.odb OR Master.csv

they will both work

then on that screen select the year , use the drop down to select the team from that year

click import team

rinse lather repeat for as many teams as you want and/or your league will hold. Remember after getting all the teams you want you will need to go to the same settings page you began at and create a schedule for your league. you always need to re-create a new schedule after altering any league structure

Hope this helpd and good luck
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino

Last edited by Painmantle; 04-01-2015 at 01:37 AM.
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:53 PM   #3
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Forget that, I guess your never too old to learn in OOTP

if you click in the league creation wizard step 2, where the red arrow is pointing, it allows you to select Historical teams while creating the league
Attached Images
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:31 PM   #4
badrazor1167
Bat Boy

Painmantle, Thank you *very* much for taking the time to answer my question!!
badrazor1167 is offline   Reply With Quote