Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 09-03-2019, 04:57 PM   #1
Gruber_Tagged_Him
Minors (Triple A)

Scoring question, 2-way players hurt my head

This just came up and I'm not sure how it would have been scored.

(No DH in this league.) Top of the 6th on the road. Came in to the inning trailing by 2, my SP was gassed and was going to be replaced. We scraped up 2 runs and had 2 on, 2 out when the pitcher spot came up. I threw in a 2-way player with the intention of having him PH and then take over pitching duties in the bottom of the 6th. As it turns out he didn't even get to swing the bat because the guy on 1st got picked off, but...

Say he had hit a 3 run HR and we had gone on to win the game. Who gets the win? The starter who was the pitcher of record until being relieved in the bottom of the 6th? Or the guy who came in as a PH? I'm guessing from a game mechanic POV if I had designated the PH as a P as soon as I subbed him, he would have gotten the win. But I didn't do that, I only declared him to be a P after the top of the 6th was complete, he was just a PH before that.

(I know it is out of fashion to care about pitcher wins, but I was curious...)
Gruber_Tagged_Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 05:22 PM   #2
old fat bald guy
Minors (Triple A)

Two-way players hurt my head, too. There's a team in my fictional league that has a stud closer who is also the everyday center fielder. The guy never or hardly ever pitches, and in the game mechanics I'm not sure he could, because I'm not sure there would be a way to warm him up. Realistically, if his team is batting in the bottom of the eighth or the top of the ninth and he's scheduled to hit seventh in the inning, or something like that, you could get him warm. Has anybody had this phenomenon on a team they were managing so they know how it works?
old fat bald guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 06:02 PM   #3
Gruber_Tagged_Him
Minors (Triple A)

Yah that's a scenario that is a bit hard to imagine. Thank goodness for the "no warm up" option in that case. With my guy, he's pretty much a bench PH option so I figure he gets warmed up in the 'pen, jogs out from there to PH, and can still be ready to take over pitching duties in the next half-inning given the warmup pitches he is allowed between innings. (I freely admit I turned off the warmup option REALLY early in my OOTP career...)
Old 09-04-2019, 06:17 AM   #4
zappa1
All Star Starter

The starting pitcher gets the win. It doesn't matter that the pinch hitter is also a pitcher and stays in the game after he hits the 3 run homerun. He'll probably get "player of the game", but not the win. If he pitches until the end of the game, he could also get a save. Unfortunately, in OOTP IF you made that pinchhitter a pitcher BEFORE he hit the homerun, OOTP would have given him the win, which is very wrong. You can never put in a new pitcher while you're at bat. This has been talked about before in a previous thread.

Last edited by zappa1; 09-04-2019 at 06:21 AM.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 08:42 AM   #5
Gruber_Tagged_Him
Minors (Triple A)

Fair enough, I do remember that other thread. I just wasn't sure if it made a difference that the pinch hitter was also the next pitcher. Thanks for clarifying.