Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 09-08-2019, 12:57 PM   #61
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...aiders-release

IF this is true and he was doing all his crap to become a free agent,
he should be suspended for the year. If the NFL allows this then other players will do it and the NFL will become the NBA.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 01:29 PM   #62
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Just saw Le'Veon Bell interview ahead of his first Jets game. Curious to see how it gets on, he saw standing up to the Steelers as benefitting his long-term career.

Also interesting that he found out about the potential Franchise Tag situation in Pittsburgh (ie. being repeated) from a reporter on Twitter heh
Old 09-08-2019, 02:20 PM   #63
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Strangest news I’ve heard so far - the Minnesota Vikings cut a Norwegian kicker this week. They should now have to change their name

Philly defense makes an early play for tackling debacle of the week.
Old 09-08-2019, 03:00 PM   #64
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballMan View Post
IF this is true and he was doing all his crap to become a free agent,
he should be suspended for the year. If the NFL allows this then other players will do it and the NFL will become the NBA.
Well yeah, the guy wants a ring. I don't blame the guy. He didn't want to play for the crap Raiders. He's taking ownership of his own life and money be damned.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 06:39 PM   #65
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

Uhhh, if I was the Dolphins, I think I would dig a tunnel under the turf and into the locker room where I didn't have to face the public.
The Ravens walked into Miami and boom went the dynamite!
ForeverRoyalKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 07:13 PM   #66
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Well yeah, the guy wants a ring. I don't blame the guy. He didn't want to play for the crap Raiders. He's taking ownership of his own life and money be damned.
If he didnt want to play he shouldnt have signed the contract.
You cant allow players to sabotage a trade after he has signed a contract with that new team. I have no problem if they hold out or refuse a trade but what AB did was dishonest. This isnt like a player considering two offers in free agency and leading a team to believe they will sign the player but he signs with another team. This is AFTER he signed. He did not even try to honor his contract.
The Raiders acted in good faith but he had no intention of playing for them. I have no problem with him wanting to go to the Patriots but the NFL should not let players do what he did. It cost the Raiders draft picks and preparing for a season with him at wr.
I would feel the same way if it was against your team or the teams i dont like.
I doubt if the patriots had anything to with it but im sure his agent did.
Doesnt matter cause if he pulls his act in New England he wont last the season. I dont care for the patriots but we know Belicheck wont put up with it.
AB needs the patriots for a ring. The patriots can use him but they dont need him.
I will never hope a player gets injured but i do hope he joins the me me no championship club along with Owens, Moss and Johnson.

Last edited by BaseballMan; 09-08-2019 at 11:23 PM.
Old 09-08-2019, 10:25 PM   #67
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You cant allow players to sabotage a trade after he has signed a contract with that new team. I have no problem if they hold out or refuse a trade but what AB did was dishonest. This isnt like a player considering to offers in free agency and leading a team to blieve they will sign the player but he signs with another team. This is AFTER he signed. He did not even try to honor his contract.
The Raiders acted in good faith but he had no intention of playing for them. I have no problem with him wanting to go to the Patriots but the NFL should not let players do what he did. It cost the Raiders draft picks and preparing for a season with him at wr.

I will never hope a player gets injured but i do hope he joins the me me no championship club.....
I'm with you on this. Every owner should be up in arms over a player doing this. & if he did do this on purpose w/the Pats aware of it they should exercise the nuclear option on Kraft. This would be lower than low.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 10:34 PM   #68
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

^^^^Completely agree with this summary as well!
ForeverRoyalKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 11:02 PM   #69
low
Hall Of Famer

I've heard the rumors of the Patriots and Brown planning this. As if the Patriots need another asterisk next to their name. I'm not saying I totally buy it, but I also wouldn't doubt it. He signed pretty damn quick after his release.
low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 11:22 PM   #70
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
I'm with you on this. Every owner should be up in arms over a player doing this. & if he did do this on purpose w/the Pats aware of it they should exercise the nuclear option on Kraft. This would be lower than low.
I was starting to believe it was just AB and his agent but then i heard the raiders were taking trade offers and thursday and they got no offers.
I understand why the other teams wouldn't but why wouldnt't the patriots?
They obviously wanted him the deal was practically done beforwe he was released.
Id like to know the other teams that offered AB a deal after he was released.
Old 09-08-2019, 11:44 PM   #71
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I was starting to believe it was just AB and his agent but then i heard the raiders were taking trade offers and thursday and they got no offers.
I understand why the other teams wouldn't but why wouldnt't the patriots?
They obviously wanted him the deal was practically done beforwe he was released.
Id like to know the other teams that offered AB a deal after he was released.
If he behaves like a choir boy, I will conclude this was all planned. I don't believe someone could be as disruptive as he was w/o being mentally compromised. If he suddenly walks the straight and narrow, then there is no way this wasn't a scheme on both ends. No psychiatrist could get someone to flip 180 in a week's time. How in the world would Belicheat have the ability?
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 09-09-2019, 01:14 AM   #72
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You cant allow players to sabotage a trade after he has signed a contract with that new team. I have no problem if they hold out or refuse a trade but what AB did was dishonest. This isnt like a player considering two offers in free agency and leading a team to believe they will sign the player but he signs with another team. This is AFTER he signed. He did not even try to honor his contract.
I doubt if the patriots had anything to with it but im sure his agent did.
Doesnt matter cause if he pulls his act in New England he wont last the season. I dont care for the patriots but we know Belicheck wont put up with it.
AB needs the patriots for a ring. The patriots can use him but they dont need him.
I will never hope a player gets injured but i do hope he joins the me me no championship club along with Owens, Moss and Johnson.
The key here is the Raiders released him. They didn't have to do that and could have punished him themselves but chose not to do so. His contract already devolved into a week to week basis. They could have suspended him and just carried him all year. But they chose not to do so. Now you want the league to step in where the Raiders did not? Oh yeah, buyer beware.

One more thing. What were the Raiders thinking anyway? Since when does a team rebuilding ever hire high profile mercs? That's usually a team trying to put themselves over the top, like the Patriots. So I don't see where the Raiders were going with that.

Last edited by Ragnar; 09-09-2019 at 01:16 AM.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:28 AM   #73
Hrycaj
All Star Starter

The Lions had a lead late and all they needed to do was pick up one first down since Arizona was out of time outs. It is 3rd and 4 or 5 and they run the play and it WOULD have been successful for the first down but they saw a defense that they didn't like and blew a time out. I mean heat of the moment I was upset because they would have picked up the first down. Of course, I know that if they see a look from the defense that is a typical reaction from the offense. EXCEPT that the offensive coordinator called the time out! You can't do that. The head coach has to. Even the announcers said that Matt Patricia must have called it at the some point and been on board with it. Yet how could he call a time out when he is on a fricking crutch on the sideline because of surgery. To call a time out would have looked like some type of demonstrative movement since he would have had to hop on one foot and put his hands together or SCREAM for a time out or show any type of emotion or movement that was absent from the look provided in the telecast. I didn't listen to any post game comments, maybe they explained but I'm pretty sure the Lions and the officials screwed up here.

As for the rest, well the new play was an incomplete pass followed by a blocked punt, followed by Arizona scoring and tying the game with a 2 point. If this was boxing and judges were used at the end to determine a winner all three would have given the split decision to Arizona.

We have a saying around this way called SOL (same ole Lions). That whole timeout fiasco was definitely SOL.

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/showthread.php?t=326812

Last edited by Hrycaj; 09-09-2019 at 10:24 AM.
Hrycaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 08:10 AM   #74
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

It looks like a miserable year for football in Florida.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 09-09-2019, 01:10 PM   #75
Rizon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoyalKC View Post
Uhhh, if I was the Dolphins, I think I would dig a tunnel under the turf and into the locker room where I didn't have to face the public.
The Ravens walked into Miami and boom went the dynamite!
Quote:
The league should step in and do something before someone really gets hurt. It's pretty clear the Dolphins have been a lost team for a very long time, with no direction or leadership whatsoever.

The good news is Stupid Ross is 79 and won't live forever. I keep hoping all the rolling around Joe Robbie does in his grave that he springs up and beats the everloving snot out of him.

So glad I gave up on that team 10-15 years ago.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:14 PM   #76
monkeyman576
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
On the plus side my two favorite teams, the Washington State Cougars and Seattle Seahawks, are both undefeated.
monkeyman576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 06:50 PM   #77
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The key here is the Raiders released him. They didn't have to do that and could have punished him themselves but chose not to do so. His contract already devolved into a week to week basis. They could have suspended him and just carried him all year. But they chose not to do so. Now you want the league to step in where the Raiders did not? Oh yeah, buyer beware.

One more thing. What were the Raiders thinking anyway? Since when does a team rebuilding ever hire high profile mercs? That's usually a team trying to put themselves over the top, like the Patriots. So I don't see where the Raiders were going with that.

The Raiders had no choice. If they suspend him the situation would not improve. If they dont they lose all that money and allow AB to engage in even worse behavior. He signed the contract to play and abide by the rules that the other 52 players did. Do you think he should not be fined for missing practice and then calling his GM a racial slur and threatening him? Do you condone that behavior and blame the team?

You can say buyer beware and i would agree if it was because of bad talent evaluation, reduced skills or even if he had got in trouble with the law. In those cases he is not purposely doing it to hurt the team. He would still deserve punishment but it wouldn't be to to sabotage the team on purpose. The excuse that the Raiders should have know is crap. He is a 30 yr old grown man making 30 millions dollars. Players need to be held accountable for what they do. When a guy doesnt show up to work i dont blame my company for hiring that worker.

Rebuilding teams hire high profile players. It doesn't matter whether they are good or bad.
Anyway he is gone and im moving on and focusing on the players that want to play there.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:23 AM   #78
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The Raiders had no choice. If they suspend him the situation would not improve. If they dont they lose all that money and allow AB to engage in even worse behavior. He signed the contract to play and abide by the rules that the other 52 players did. Do you think he should not be fined for missing practice and then calling his GM a racial slur and threatening him? Do you condone that behavior and blame the team?
No. He should be fined. To be honest, I'm not sure what could be done about this situation. In hindsight it's pretty clear he didn't want to play for the Raiders. But the Steelers didn't want to trade him to the Patriots. So he signs with the Raiders and does everything in his power to get kicked off.

I think he should be fined and not get a penny from the Raiders. Also give back any money he may have been already given. Beyond that, what else would you like to see done?

You could say AB shouldn't have signed. But what choice does he have if he's under contract with the Steelers? He can't say I don't want to sign with a crap team. What he did was his only path to the Patriots. He lost a lot of money doing it, so it's not like this is going to become a problem.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:02 AM   #79
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No. He should be fined. To be honest, I'm not sure what could be done about this situation. In hindsight it's pretty clear he didn't want to play for the Raiders. But the Steelers didn't want to trade him to the Patriots. So he signs with the Raiders and does everything in his power to get kicked off.

I think he should be fined and not get a penny from the Raiders. Also give back any money he may have been already given. Beyond that, what else would you like to see done?

You could say AB shouldn't have signed. But what choice does he have if he's under contract with the Steelers? He can't say I don't want to sign with a crap team. What he did was his only path to the Patriots. He lost a lot of money doing it, so it's not like this is going to become a problem.
Patriots added an option year at 20 million so he really didnt lose any money unless he screws up again.
So who's fault was it that Pittsburgh had to trade him? The Steelers are not the ones that didnt show up to a game. Welll except for sunday.
This all on Antonio. I dont know if the patriots were in on it or just taking advantage of it but hes gone and the Carr was fine without him.
Might even be better for Carr that he is gone.
As long AB doesnt get a ring i'll be happy.
I'm not sure if he will last the season with the patriots.
Good riddance to that clown.
Old 09-10-2019, 12:31 PM   #80
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

3 sacks for the Raiders last night, I think that's more than we had all season last year. Offense looked good against a good defense too. Antonio who?
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote