Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.8 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 05-13-2018, 06:31 PM   #1
Khan
All Star Reserve

Thanked 79x in 57 posts
Filling teams with players based on nation does opposite

I'm currently working on a quickstart where I want each teams roster to be based on the nation the team is in.

I've set the foreign players limit to 3 and set basing the limit on team nationality.

Then I clear the teams of all players and use the fill roster command

I expect to get a max of 3 foreign and 22 guys on my active roster.

However, the game is putting 3 foreign guys on my active roster and
stuffing my reserve roster with 22 foreign players.

It's pretty much doing the exact opposite of what I'm expecting.
Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:44 AM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Thanked 8,883x in 4,460 posts
Maybe a silly question but have you set the player nationality generation in the game settings to generate an appropriate amount of players from the nationalities you want to have created?

The game won't necessarily generate a correct amount of domestic/foreign players through random generation.

So generally it's best to set up your settings with more or less the right amount of players set to be generated for each nationality and then to run a fantasy draft to start. The teams will then draft more or less the right amount of guys from both the basic nationalities and foreigners. It should work more smoothly than doing the random generation.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Buy Out of the Park Baseball 20!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.

Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 05:07 PM   #3
Khan
All Star Reserve

Thanked 79x in 57 posts
Thanks for the reply.

I'll look at that, I think I cleared them all and expected the game to use team nation
as set on the team screen.
Khan is offline   Reply With Quote