Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 10 > FHM Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM Mods This is the place to check for mods for both FHM10 and previous versions.

Old 11-06-2018, 01:59 AM   #1
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Adding Player Pics

I discovered that the ESPN site has the perfect player pictures to import to the game. Go to the team, choose a player, click on player profile, right click to save picture as, enter player name in the following format Patrick_Kane. You can also use the search feature to find some players not listed on roster.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 04:26 AM   #2
sk78
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoie45 View Post
I discovered ...
I posted a description on how to do this using the ESPN example in this thread (post #5) only a few days ago.

Could you please confirm that the default size for player pics in FHM5 is still 170 x 154 px, like it has been in FHM3 and FHM4?

If that didn't change you'll face trouble if you're not adjusting the aspect ratio of the image. See attached pics below:
First one is the original ESPN picture (350 x 254 px). If you're using this as is you'll end up with something like the second pic ingame (FHM3). And if you're only resizing the original to 170 x 154 px Mr. Kane will look squeezed, see pic three (although it's not toooo bad in this case).
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
sk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 09:59 AM   #3
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

The default pic size for FHM is 170x127. I'm just importing as is and letting the game resize the pic. I'm not really concerned if it's perfect or not, as I've spent more than enough time already updating the rosters. I just wanted to have a player pic instead of the plain jersey. That said, the pics end up looking more like number 3 in the pics you offered.

Last edited by Savoie45; 11-06-2018 at 10:00 AM.
Old 11-06-2018, 12:07 PM   #4
sk78
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
The default pic size for FHM is 170x127. ...
Since when? Since version 5? In v3 and v4 it's 170x154.

Quote:
... the pics end up looking more like number 3 in the pics you offered.
First time I hear that.
If that's true it might have to do with the interface settings someone uses, and/or the screen solution someone uses on his computer. And that would mean it's impossible to provide a package that fits for everyone.
Attached Images
Old 11-06-2018, 12:25 PM   #5
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk78 View Post
Since when? Since version 5? In v3 and v4 it's 170x154.

First time I hear that.
If that's true it might have to do with the interface settings someone uses, and/or the screen solution someone uses on his computer. And that would mean it's impossible to provide a package that fits for everyone.
Since FHM 5 I guess...I just know that when I went into my save and looked at player pics the size was at 170x127
Old 11-06-2018, 01:23 PM   #6
sk78
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks for the info.
Well, sounds like they changed that along with the reworked interface for version 5. Then I have no doubt that all player pics I did until now are looking more like the one you said before. Sh!t.

Good news is that the ESPN pics got almost the perfect aspect ratio now. 170 x 123 would be perfect, but that's not really noticeable.
Bad news is that the ~12300 player pics I posted before won't look right in FHM5 anymore, like you've mentioned. Sh!t.

Guess I have to edit a bunch of posts now. Sh!t
Old 11-06-2018, 01:50 PM   #7
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Yeah, that's why I'm not about to pour that much energy into this. I'll take what I can get from ESPN/TSN and carry on :-)
Old 11-07-2018, 04:59 AM   #8
sk78
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Yeah, that's why I'm not about to pour that much energy into this. I'll take what I can get from ESPN/TSN and carry on :-)
Yep, that's probably the right way to see it.
I spent countless hours (I mean: really) to assemble that mugshot pack and never could even "finish" it. And now it's more or less a thing for the trashcan lol.

Maybe I'll try to find a way to batch process those files and re-post the package. But right now I'm not very motivated doing this...