Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 05-16-2018, 03:16 PM   #1
bigd51
Minors (Triple A)

Can't trade recently drafted players after the World Series

Not sure if this is a bug or just an oversight, but when I try and trade for recently drafted players after the World Series, it's telling me I can't trade for them.

The rule use to be you couldn't trade a player less than a full year from being drafted, but after the Trea Turner trade ordeal, the MLB changed the rule in 2015 that allowed them to trade players after the World Series in the same year they were drafted. You can't do this in the game, though.
bigd51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:43 PM   #2
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

there'as a box (not at my game so can't remember where exactly) that asks if you want to be able to trade recently drafted players. Probably on the page where draft date and stuff is on. if that's not checked, you won't be able to trade recent draft picks.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 04:09 PM   #3
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

It is currently coded its either 1 year or 0 years. The best way to mock the current MLB is to not allow recent draft picks to be traded and then allow them once the offseason begins.
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 04:23 PM   #4
bigd51
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
there'as a box (not at my game so can't remember where exactly) that asks if you want to be able to trade recently drafted players. Probably on the page where draft date and stuff is on. if that's not checked, you won't be able to trade recent draft picks.
No, I know that. The issue is, they changed the rule IRL in 2015 to allow teams to trade recently drafted players after the World Series.

So basically per the new rules, a player is drafted in June and after the World Series in October, you can now trade them. Which is 4-5 months after being drafted.

In the game, though, a player is drafted in June and he can't be traded until June of the following year (per the old rules). You still have to wait a full year.

I'm fine w/ the "can't trade recently drafted players" part... but it should reflect the new rule that states you can trade them starting in the offseason instead of having to wait a full year per the old rule.
bigd51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 04:58 PM   #5
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

I believe they are still working on implementing several of the changes around the new CBA.
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 05:59 PM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

We'll add a new option for the next patch so you can either have recently drafted players eligible to be traded immediately, after the next offseason, or waiting 1 full year.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 05:19 PM   #7
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
We'll add a new option for the next patch so you can either have recently drafted players eligible to be traded immediately, after the next offseason, or waiting 1 full year.
How will this affect old saves? Most people probably want the rule to be "start of the offseason", so imported saves from the old patch or from OOTP 18 should probably default to that.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 05:43 PM   #8
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
How will this affect old saves? Most people probably want the rule to be "start of the offseason", so imported saves from the old patch or from OOTP 18 should probably default to that.
Imported saves will keep the same options you have now (off or 1 year). If you want to change it, you'll have to go into the settings to change it.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 07:36 PM   #9
b10wick
Major Leagues

Disregard. Figured it out.

Last edited by b10wick; 05-30-2018 at 07:40 PM.
b10wick is offline   Reply With Quote