Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 05-09-2018, 12:11 PM   #1
The_Niddler
Minors (Triple A)

Prospects Retiring.

We seem to have an issue since upgrading our online league to OOTP19.
Prospects and usually very good rated ones are retiring at a much more frequent rate then ever before.

I know once in a while a player would retire, but now, no notifications, nothing.
They just disappear from a roster here and there.
No one knows until the owner says, hey, what happened to my guy.

Anyone else have this problem?
If so, is this a bug in 19 or something our commissioner could have to adjust somewhere?
The_Niddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 12:55 PM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Prospects should very rarely retire, except potentially if they suffer some serious injuries or the occasional storyline. If it's a few players, you may simply have gotten unlucky that a bunch of high level prospects got hurt. If you have the "don't delete players who never reach the majors" flag set in the game, then when you do notice, you should be able to go back and see if you can figure out why they may have decided to retire.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 04:24 PM   #3
The_Niddler
Minors (Triple A)

We are seeing them retire with no injuries.
We are not receiving any notification, no emails, nothing in the game to tell us that they are retiring.

I asked our commissioner to post here with his findings about his settings.
I used to be the commissioner of our league and now wdoupis is.
Old 05-11-2018, 09:55 AM   #4
anthonywvalentine
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Prospects should very rarely retire, except potentially if they suffer some serious injuries or the occasional storyline. If it's a few players, you may simply have gotten unlucky that a bunch of high level prospects got hurt. If you have the "don't delete players who never reach the majors" flag set in the game, then when you do notice, you should be able to go back and see if you can figure out why they may have decided to retire.
I have been seeing this as well in the 2 leagues I run. JD is actually in one of my leagues as well.

#4 overall prospect just retired. The only email received was:

"Nashville Sounds Players Retiring"
"Heres a list of Nashville Sounds players who decided to retire"

Kid was 23 years old, drafted in 2034 and were in 2036. We just rolled into May, so its confusing as to why he would retire a month into the season and he played 21 games this year with no injury history as to the reason why he retired.

Looking at his history it doesn't even show that he retired from baseball which is also strange.
anthonywvalentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 11:58 AM   #5
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonywvalentine View Post
I have been seeing this as well in the 2 leagues I run. JD is actually in one of my leagues as well.

#4 overall prospect just retired. The only email received was:

"Nashville Sounds Players Retiring"
"Heres a list of Nashville Sounds players who decided to retire"

Kid was 23 years old, drafted in 2034 and were in 2036. We just rolled into May, so its confusing as to why he would retire a month into the season and he played 21 games this year with no injury history as to the reason why he retired.

Looking at his history it doesn't even show that he retired from baseball which is also strange.
That is likely due to a storyline. Unfortunately at the moment a storyline causing retirement we don't have a direct way to note the cause.
Old 05-11-2018, 11:58 AM   #6
anthonywvalentine
All Star Reserve

Quote:
That is likely due to a storyline. Unfortunately at the moment a storyline causing retirement we don't have a direct way to note the cause.
But there was no email in regards to the story line. At least to that GM whos player it was.

It appears I got one under the commish email, but the GM himself definitely get the email explaining it.

Last edited by anthonywvalentine; 05-11-2018 at 12:01 PM.
Old 05-11-2018, 04:32 PM   #7
Romagoth
Major Leagues

This exact thing happened to me as well. I'm in a league with some of the people posting in this thread. My best OF prospect retired out of nowhere. He was not injury prone at all; in fact, I'm not sure if he had any injuries in his career to that point. I had him in AAA ball this coming season with a chance to make the big club, and then I suddenly get a notification that he retired. There was no story line attached to the retirement, just a note that he retired.

I don't recall seeing this ever happen in previous versions of OOTP, even in solo games. I have seen guys do this occasionally, but there was always a story line attached to it.
Romagoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 05:16 PM   #8
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

If it was a storyline, you may not see the message unless if you're subscribed to news from the organization, so depending on your news setting, that could be possible. We should be able to add an extra small note to the player history if a storyline causes him to retire, which should at least clear up some confusion in these cases, I hope.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:40 AM   #9
anthonywvalentine
All Star Reserve

Quote:
If it was a storyline, you may not see the message unless if you're subscribed to news from the organization, so depending on your news setting, that could be possible. We should be able to add an extra small note to the player history if a storyline causes him to retire, which should at least clear up some confusion in these cases, I hope.
That would be helpful but it does seem like theres a larger number of prospects retiring. Is there a reason why so many would retire mid season?

The real problem is its the wrong players retiring. Former first round picks rarely retire without reason, shouldn't it be the guys who arent playing or whove struggled in the minors be the ones who are more inclined to step away from the game? Like the guy who hasnt played a single inning in rookie ball in 3 years, whys he sticking it out? Instead its the top prospects in the league who are a small step away from the major league.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2018, 11:19 AM   #10
The_Niddler
Minors (Triple A)

What anthony posted is what we are seeing. It is some top prospects and a very large number do not have a story line to go with it.