Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-05-2019, 09:38 PM   #2021
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
I can see it now.... win the division with a sub-500 record.... get lucky and win 3 games in the LDS and earn promotion to the Diamond league where we'll be mercilessly stomped

Would you feel better if you were mercifully stomped?
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 09:40 PM   #2022
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
perhaps
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 11:28 PM   #2023
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:

I will take a stomp if I am not ready for the next level. It makes two managers happy instead of one if I win. I am generous.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:26 AM   #2024
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Wheatland Soars to OL S294 Lead

The Jets rode a 6-2 month to take over the top spot in the pitched battle that is the 2029 S294 chase for the crown.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:56 AM   #2025
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

One Time Mets 1962-1999

Scanned through the Mets rosters since my interest was piqued by Magus' expressed desire to for a Mets theme team. This is in roughly chronological order (the paper got full so I had to use the margins), I'm fairly confident that these guys have PT cards. Those I'm unsure of have a "?" after their name. Also, I went from memory, so there may be a few omissions. Also, I'm too lazy to organize it more clearly.

Richie Ashburn, Gus Bell, Joe Christopher, Harry Chiti, Gil Hodges, Charlie Neal, Marv Throneberry?, Cleon Jones, Jimmy Piersall?, Duke Snider, Frank Thomas?, Ron Hunt, Frank Lary?, Roy McMillan?, Ken Boyer, Bob Friend, Jerry Grote?, Nolan Ryan, Ralph Terry?, Ed Charles, Tommy Davis?, Jerry Koosman, Amos Otis?, Tom Seaver, Tommie Agee?, Cal Koonce?, Donn Clendenon, Ken Singleton, Jon Matlack, Willie Mays (the best ever), Rusty Staub?, Craig Swan, Mickey Lolich, John Stearns, Pat Zachry, Dock Ellis, Jeff Reardon, Mike Scott?, Wally Backman, Randy Jones, Terry Leach, Mike Marshall, Ellis Valentine?, Ron Darling, George Foster, Keith Hernandez, Daryl Strawberry, Sid Fernandez, Bret Saberhagen, Frank Tanana, Jack Aker, Dave Kingman, Joe Torre, Edgardo Alfonso?, Jason Isringhausen, Carlos Baerga?, Lance Johnson?, John Olerud?, Al Leiter, Hideo Nomo?, Mike Piazza, Rickey Henderson (at 40!), Orel Hershiser, Keith Mitchell, Gary Carter, Lenny Dykstra, Dwight Gooden, Howard Johnson, Randy Myers, Rick Aguilera, Bob Ojeda, Tim Teufel, David Cone, Gregg Jefferies, Kevin McReynolds, Frank Viola, Todd Hundley, Vince Coleman?, John Franco, Pete Schourek, Bobby Bonilla?, Eddie Murray.

As I said, I'm not sure it's complete(about 60-70 players), and I see I messed the chronology, but I'm not going back to put the 80's up further. It's a good start though. To be honest, I left out the '20's because I stopped following baseball around that time, so there's still alot more.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 06-06-2019 at 05:58 AM.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 06:17 AM   #2026
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Of the cards you have question marks near, I've seen or heard of the following:

Throneberry
Piersall
Lary
McMillan
Grote
Tommy Davis
Otis (never seen him but I've seen people post about using him as a platoon guy in upper leagues)
Agee
Staub
Alfonso
Baerga
Lance Johnson
Olerud
Bobby Bo

Of course some of the cards are from when they weren't on the Mets but if the theme is "they have ever played for the Mets" then they'll still work.
Old 06-06-2019, 06:25 AM   #2027
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I154 Update

Arkham still leads but New Zealand has pulled into a virtual tie for first.

Code:
Our League Standings - I154 - Jul 2, 2029			
			 W	 L	 Pct
Arkham Horrors		20	11	.645
NZ Silver Ferns		21	12	.636
Mudville Muffins	15	10	.600
Melaka Armada		 8	 6	.571
Phi Athletic Club	17	16	.515
Fancher Creek Pirates	14	17	.452
San Pedro Cerranos	 4	 5	.444
Victoria Vikings	11	15	.423
Gotham Knights		 3	 5	.375
Stephensville Bears	 6	22	.214

x
Attached Images
Old 06-06-2019, 06:32 AM   #2028
Charlatan
All Star Starter

B249 Update

Daytona Beach continues their strong play. Ozark moves into third place.

Code:
Our League Standings - B249 - Jul 2, 2029			
			 W	 L	 Pct
DB Pickleballers	15	 5	.750
Asheboro Road Dogs	 8	 4	.667
Ozark Bobcats		13	 7	.650
Seattle Endless Summer	13	10	.565
Philadelphia Patriots	10	10	.500
Redmond Defenders	 8	10	.444
Motown Stars		 5	 8	.385
Frankenthal Retros	10	17	.370
Janesville Onyx		 5	16	.238

x
Attached Images
Old 06-06-2019, 09:08 AM   #2029
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

I am not a fan of having two teams (Arkham and New Zealand) in the same division. Just saying...

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS
Ka mate, ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!

Proud members of "Our League"!
sabakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 09:33 AM   #2030
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
Scanned through the Mets rosters since my interest was piqued by Magus' expressed desire to for a Mets theme team. This is in roughly chronological order (the paper got full so I had to use the margins), I'm fairly confident that these guys have PT cards. Those I'm unsure of have a "?" after their name. Also, I went from memory, so there may be a few omissions. Also, I'm too lazy to organize it more clearly.

Richie Ashburn, Gus Bell, Joe Christopher, Harry Chiti, Gil Hodges, Charlie Neal, Marv Throneberry?, Cleon Jones, Jimmy Piersall?, Duke Snider, Frank Thomas?, Ron Hunt, Frank Lary?, Roy McMillan?, Ken Boyer, Bob Friend, Jerry Grote?, Nolan Ryan, Ralph Terry?, Ed Charles, Tommy Davis?, Jerry Koosman, Amos Otis?, Tom Seaver, Tommie Agee?, Cal Koonce?, Donn Clendenon, Ken Singleton, Jon Matlack, Willie Mays (the best ever), Rusty Staub?, Craig Swan, Mickey Lolich, John Stearns, Pat Zachry, Dock Ellis, Jeff Reardon, Mike Scott?, Wally Backman, Randy Jones, Terry Leach, Mike Marshall, Ellis Valentine?, Ron Darling, George Foster, Keith Hernandez, Daryl Strawberry, Sid Fernandez, Bret Saberhagen, Frank Tanana, Jack Aker, Dave Kingman, Joe Torre, Edgardo Alfonso?, Jason Isringhausen, Carlos Baerga?, Lance Johnson?, John Olerud?, Al Leiter, Hideo Nomo?, Mike Piazza, Rickey Henderson (at 40!), Orel Hershiser, Keith Mitchell, Gary Carter, Lenny Dykstra, Dwight Gooden, Howard Johnson, Randy Myers, Rick Aguilera, Bob Ojeda, Tim Teufel, David Cone, Gregg Jefferies, Kevin McReynolds, Frank Viola, Todd Hundley, Vince Coleman?, John Franco, Pete Schourek, Bobby Bonilla?, Eddie Murray.

As I said, I'm not sure it's complete(about 60-70 players), and I see I messed the chronology, but I'm not going back to put the 80's up further. It's a good start though. To be honest, I left out the '20's because I stopped following baseball around that time, so there's still alot more.
I already got several of these guys. Still have a few players to replace, but the team's coming along nicely. Just waiting for more points to come in before I add anyone else, especially since prices are so bad right now due to the imminent arrival of collections.

I ran with the Lance Johnson card for a little bit in Bronze. Could not for the life of me get him to hit over .260. Great contact, speed, & defense, but a terrible eye brings the card down to borderline useless levels.

The 80 Ashburn would be excellent and would allow me to move Kevin McReynolds to left field. The 70 Rickey Henderson, however, would not be a good fit. Strikes out way too much unless I just have him bunt every time he's at the plate. Plus, his fielding would not be up to par and that's a shame.

As for the Patriots...not generating points. Not worth checking in on until I can sell off my 83 Frank Thomas to improve the pitching. He hasn't done the job asked of him, so he has to go.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 06-06-2019 at 11:55 AM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:19 PM   #2031
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

I wonder how well I could do with the Stark Industries Iron Men...an all iron card team...

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS

Old 06-06-2019, 12:25 PM   #2032
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabakon View Post
I wonder how well I could do with the Stark Industries Iron Men...an all iron card team...
You would never get out of the Iron leagues. I have an all-Bronze team that did very well in Iron level, reaching the World Series... but looks to be stuck at .500 in Bronze level. And the options for Bronze cards are way better than Iron. The Iron pitching especially would be atrocious.

Take this as motivation to try though?
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:29 PM   #2033
Charlatan
All Star Starter

There's a guy who is relatively active in the forums who made his team Iron Unsung Heroes (and in fact, I think that was the name of his team for that week!). He did it when he was stuck ins Diamond or Perfect (I believe he assumed he would get relegated by doing this, I think that was his ultimate purpose).

I don't recall who it was but he posted in the thread that was active a while ago that had a hot discussion on throwing games, trying to get relegated, not playing your best players, etc.
Old 06-06-2019, 12:45 PM   #2034
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
There's a guy who is relatively active in the forums who made his team Iron Unsung Heroes (and in fact, I think that was the name of his team for that week!). He did it when he was stuck ins Diamond or Perfect (I believe he assumed he would get relegated by doing this, I think that was his ultimate purpose).

I don't recall who it was but he posted in the thread that was active a while ago that had a hot discussion on throwing games, trying to get relegated, not playing your best players, etc.
High Desert Ace

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:50 PM   #2035
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Aina Haina is wishing they never made it to Perfect. Diamond is a nice place to be. Sigh.

Old 06-06-2019, 01:13 PM   #2036
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

Well, being stuck somewhere is no fun. I would strongly oppose throwing games, obviously, but - as there is no option to fold a team and relaunch an account - it seems to me that changing your theme is a perfectly acceptable thing to do. It's a fine line, of course, and I can see why people might think of it that way. I guess I think of it as presenting myself with a new challenge.

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS

Old 06-06-2019, 01:25 PM   #2037
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Gutter Cats blew all their PP on 91 Roberto Clemente. Should juice the lineup a bit and moves Oliva to depth/pinch hitting.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 01:37 PM   #2038
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
Gutter Cats blew all their PP on 91 Roberto Clemente. Should juice the lineup a bit and moves Oliva to depth/pinch hitting.
Clemente plays excellent defense. Have had success with him in the past.

Old 06-06-2019, 01:38 PM   #2039
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Clemente plays excellent defense. Have had success with him in the past.
He has a cannon for an arm.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 01:59 PM   #2040
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

He has been very solid for Salem...no surprise there.

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS