Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

View Poll Results: Are these two teams tanking?
First yes, second no 0 0%
First no, second yes 0 0%
Both are 41 87.23%
Neither are 6 12.77%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2019, 05:53 PM   #61
Mudster
Major Leagues

How about my scenerio...I built a team of nothing but silver rated cards. I managed to finally win my Diamond League and have entered Perfect. I'll tool around with it a little, but I think it's safe to assume that this team, staying within my own perimeter, should never sniff any success at Perfect Level. It was more of a fun, personal challenge to see how far I could take this team and they outperformed anything I could have imagined. My roster and reserves have been set for quite a while now, so I've been using my points to buy up Future Legends. Would it be considered tanking if, after several tries with my Silver team, I put out my best Future Legends team, even if they aren't the team that got me here?
Mudster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 12:46 PM   #62
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudster View Post
How about my scenerio...I built a team of nothing but silver rated cards. I managed to finally win my Diamond League and have entered Perfect. I'll tool around with it a little, but I think it's safe to assume that this team, staying within my own perimeter, should never sniff any success at Perfect Level. It was more of a fun, personal challenge to see how far I could take this team and they outperformed anything I could have imagined. My roster and reserves have been set for quite a while now, so I've been using my points to buy up Future Legends. Would it be considered tanking if, after several tries with my Silver team, I put out my best Future Legends team, even if they aren't the team that got me here?
Your team has gotten better - that's the opposite of tanking.

And by the way, if you actually did do that then you are an extremely good player. I didn't think something like that would be possible. Someone like you is exactly who I had in mind when I talked about reward scaling - a minnow punching over his weight by playing very well and competing in a league that is more challenging than his income and his players would indicate. You should be rewarded for an accomplishment like that IMO.

Last edited by One Post Wonder; 04-10-2019 at 12:47 PM.
One Post Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 04:09 PM   #63
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

my team is a respectable 34-33 my first season in diamond yet I've gained just 1095 points in three days. I made 13K points last season in gold.

it is such a stupid system. no wonder people tank, this is the only game I know where you start earning less the better you do

by the way, forget about changing your team because youd have to sell players first in order to buy the new ones since you arent actually making points then dbags will report you

Last edited by dkgo; 04-10-2019 at 04:12 PM.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:10 PM   #64
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Poor you! My team has won 4 Perfect championships and has barely earned 2k this season. That is the way it goes. Everybody wins less in Perfect level. It is much harder to earn achievements because the competition is fierce. Diamond is almost that much tougher than Gold too.

Last edited by Kushiel; 04-10-2019 at 07:12 PM.
Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:42 PM   #65
Mudster
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Post Wonder View Post
Your team has gotten better - that's the opposite of tanking.

And by the way, if you actually did do that then you are an extremely good player. I didn't think something like that would be possible. Someone like you is exactly who I had in mind when I talked about reward scaling - a minnow punching over his weight by playing very well and competing in a league that is more challenging than his income and his players would indicate. You should be rewarded for an accomplishment like that IMO.
Thanks man...my Silvers are actually holding their own in the P407 league. Not going to win my division, but hanging tight in the wildcard race. One thing I've noticed, and I know the sample size is really small, is I'm winning on the road and losing at home. Might have to reexamine my home field.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 04-10-2019, 09:32 PM   #66
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
Poor you! My team has won 4 Perfect championships and has barely earned 2k this season. That is the way it goes. Everybody wins less in Perfect level. It is much harder to earn achievements because the competition is fierce. Diamond is almost that much tougher than Gold too.
yeah, "thats the way it goes."

and it's completely retarded. there's no longer anything to do besides buy points. every other game gives you more options as you progress not fewer
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 09:38 PM   #67
daves
Hall Of Famer

There are times I get tired of the same old in Perfect and would like an easy way to relegate to Diamond rather than purposely losing?

Can the # of promotions and relegations increase?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 05:53 PM   #68
Mudster
Major Leagues

My Silvers started the season getting whooped up on in Perfect, so I threw my Future Legends team in. Even though they are higher "ranked", they were terrible. It felt like tanking and I'm not about to do that. One of them even used Zambranos "We Stinks". Switched back to the team that got me there.