Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team > Auction House Forum

Auction House Forum Looking for a particular card? Found a steal? Post here!

Old 03-22-2019, 12:29 PM   #1
<Pion>
All Star Starter

AH Stagnant

For the most part, it looks like early on the AH is stagnant. Of course it's hard to see if a player goes up and then disappears via a BIN, but for the ones hanging around the AH for a while and getting bids, there doesn't seem to be a flurry of activity. For the most part, I would say it is because sellers are hoping to cash in by setting the prices higher. But this time around, the buyers may be a little bit more savvy and holding off for it to get a bit more reasonable. That's not to say that someone might make a killing on a rare or get a good return on a desired card. But for now it appears like most buyers are staying away.

I was hoping to get an exciting card and managed to pull a Diamond Sliding Billy Hamilton. First thought was to try to see what I could get for him, but what a fun card that would be to have in the lineup! Also got the gold Ozzie Smith with the defense that will take him into the highest leagues. There's a chance he could go for a premium price since people were getting 12 to 15K out of him PT19 and he never seemed to drop much in price.

Last edited by <Pion>; 03-22-2019 at 12:30 PM.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 12:34 PM   #2
atabakin
All Star Reserve

I think it's WAY too early to draw any conclusions. The first Steam customers are just now downloading the game, and many folks don't have access yet while at work. Those active in these first few hours make up a tiny subset of our population.
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 12:38 PM   #3
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

yea definitely wait until at least tomorrow evening before trying to draw any conclusions
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 12:43 PM   #4
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
I think it's WAY too early to draw any conclusions. The first Steam customers are just now downloading the game, and many folks don't have access yet while at work. Those active in these first few hours make up a tiny subset of our population.
What are you talking about, you mean not everyone is home all day like me

Yeah, if I made it sound like I was drawing conclusions, I definitely did not choose my words correctly. But just from what I've seen so far, I've been surprised at the lack of bids (which as you say there is a good reason for), and the high amounts some players are getting listed for (though I can't blame anyone for attempting to cash in what the chance is good).
Old 03-22-2019, 12:49 PM   #5
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Pion> View Post
What are you talking about, you mean not everyone is home all day like me

Yeah, if I made it sound like I was drawing conclusions, I definitely did not choose my words correctly. But just from what I've seen so far, I've been surprised at the lack of bids (which as you say there is a good reason for), and the high amounts some players are getting listed for (though I can't blame anyone for attempting to cash in what the chance is good).
Always better to try to set the market too high than too low. :-)
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 01:00 PM   #6
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

makes sense to me.

you can always relist for a lower price if it doesn't sell, but there's no second chance at a higher one if you start too low
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 02:26 PM   #7
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

The game has been out for a couple of hours. If that does not scream "small sample size" then I don't know what is
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:01 AM   #8
<Pion>
All Star Starter

224 pages of players available so volume of players up for bid is high. But prices remain high (not unexpected as the same thing happened in PT19) and probably will remain high until things settle into their place. For now, however, the amount of bidding going on at the Diamond and Perfect levels still remains stagnant. Just a guess, but I still think players know the values that were set in PT19 and are waiting for prices to come down to those levels. But has there been as much activity among the whales to get the premium players? It doesn't seem so. Most bidding at the higher levels so far has been on the modestly priced common diamonds (DeGrom, etc) with a couple of rare players getting bids.

Fun to watch it all play out. Should be interesting to see who breaks first, the sellers lowering their prices or buyers getting impatient. Haven't been watching the bronze/silver players much, so can't really speak on the activity level there. I also still think tournaments will have an effect (adverse) on the AH as there is more hoarding going on in anticipation of tournaments, and it "might" cause the prices of some players to remain higher than what we're used to seeing in PT19. I wonder if the F2P people looking forward to tournaments will find they have to use more PP to compete than they expected in tourneys.

Last edited by <Pion>; 03-26-2019 at 10:05 AM.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:25 AM   #9
rtkretz
Minors (Double A)

Silver & Lower Auction Volume

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Pion> View Post
Haven't been watching the bronze/silver players much, so can't really speak on the activity level there.

Plenty of action down in the trenches, actually a surprising amount. Bronze & Lower prices are typically close to quick-sell levels for none historicals, but prices for certain Silvers are staying high along with the rest of the market. There are definitely people buying up quantities of lower valued cards as investments, as well as those, like me, who are building expansive card collections in preparation for the collections missions. Back and forth bidding has been commonplace, even for bronzes, over the past couple of days
rtkretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 05:50 AM   #10
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkretz View Post
Plenty of action down in the trenches, actually a surprising amount. Bronze & Lower prices are typically close to quick-sell levels for none historicals, but prices for certain Silvers are staying high along with the rest of the market. There are definitely people buying up quantities of lower valued cards as investments, as well as those, like me, who are building expansive card collections in preparation for the collections missions. Back and forth bidding has been commonplace, even for bronzes, over the past couple of days
I know I've snagged a few high bronze cards hoping they have a strong first couple weeks to the season. 3 69-bronze cards at 40 each I just need one of them to gain a point and I've made a profit.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 08:51 AM   #11
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Those of you who have PT experience...do we typically see more activity in the AH later in the week versus beginning? Are there any predictable fluctuations form buyer's market to seller's market or vice versa over time? Any trends at all of note?

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 09:22 AM   #12
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I'm no expert but it seems to me that prices for non-live cards are going up. Current auctions are almost always higher than the average prices shown for the cards I'm looking at.

Just an anecdote so take it for what it is.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 11:25 AM   #13
justpatrick
Major Leagues

I feel that while there are some good deals to be had due to the wildly fluctuating prices of some cards, nonetheless a lot of the silver cards are overpriced, some extremely so (I´m talking to you, Jim Bouton!).
Gold seems to be the place to get some good deals I think. Higher I wouldn´t know.
justpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 11:33 AM   #14
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Yeah, I'm looking to sell a couple diamonds but not sure when might be the best time...or if there is even a time one could point to as better.

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 01:09 PM   #15
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpatrick View Post
I feel that while there are some good deals to be had due to the wildly fluctuating prices of some cards, nonetheless a lot of the silver cards are overpriced, some extremely so (I´m talking to you, Jim Bouton!).
Gold seems to be the place to get some good deals I think. Higher I wouldn´t know.
Being a "name" player definitely inflates the price, as does being a Yankee, so that's not too surprising. Although I did pick up a 59OVR Bucky Dent for only 6 PP
Old 04-05-2019, 01:16 PM   #16
justpatrick
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Being a "name" player definitely inflates the price, as does being a Yankee, so that's not too surprising. Although I did pick up a 59OVR Bucky Dent for only 6 PP
To be honest, I´d buy him for a decent price just for some Ball Four nostalgia.
justpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 11:48 AM   #17
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico Guilbault View Post
Those of you who have PT experience...do we typically see more activity in the AH later in the week versus beginning? Are there any predictable fluctuations form buyer's market to seller's market or vice versa over time? Any trends at all of note?
Seems to me that the latter part of the week (Saturday/Sunday), prices for some players go up higher. My guess is that the sellers (at least in PT19) were trying to capitalize on people wanting to upgrade for the playoffs. Now, we'll have to add in those that are speculating that a player's value might go up when they are a Live player.
Old 04-08-2019, 11:50 AM   #18
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
There is an Al Gionfriddo listed for 2 million right now, so maybe some like the players who make memorable plays against the Yankees as well.
Old 04-08-2019, 01:50 PM   #19
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Yankee hate runs almost as strong as Yankee love.
Old 04-14-2019, 06:23 AM   #20
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Some people are just funny. Somebody seems to have tried to corner the market on Marv Throneberries and Joel Youngbloods and possibly other low-key Unsung Hero cards, and is now selling them for 1k or more per card.

Not in my lifetime will I pay that for a 49-rated card.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote