Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-22-2019, 09:49 PM   #1
joeswell
Minors (Double A)

More Historical Players?

Is there any way to get more historical players into Perfect Game? It seems like 80% of the players in the player card packs are stiffs from 2018. It might be a misperception, but I would think the historical stiffs from the 20's and 30's would be better than the 2018 stiffs.
joeswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 10:14 PM   #2
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

send over the suggestions:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...0EEkA/viewform

some of the recent historical additions have been from community suggestions (Ross Youngs, Heinie Zimmerman, Van Mungo)... keep 'em coming.
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 10:55 PM   #3
whobob
Minors (Single A)

I have heard that historical players are rarer to get in packs compared to the live cards. They seem to be adding new cards every week, though.
whobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 08:56 AM   #4
mess
Minors (Triple A)

I personally enjoy seeing Historical players from the late 90s and early 00s... but I agree, more historical players please!
Old 01-23-2019, 11:13 AM   #5
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Right now the split in OOTP 19 is 75/25 in favor of live cards. For OOTP 20 we'll change this to 70/30.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 01-25-2019 at 08:21 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 11:42 AM   #6
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Right now the split in OOTP 19 is 80/20 in favor of live cards. For OOTP 20 we'll change this to 75/25.
Nice change. Thanks!
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 11:45 AM   #7
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Right now the split in OOTP 19 is 80/20 in favor of live cards. For OOTP 20 we'll change this to 75/25.

I agree with Maddox, awesome.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 11:56 AM   #8
Xogo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
What is the logic behind this? Why arent all cards even in terms of drop rate? Regardless of the ratings, why do you want teams made up of mostly current players? Are you concerned about PT users being turned-off by players they are unfamiliar with. I would think most users of OOTP are very knowledgeable of the games history. For me, being stuck with mostly current players is a turn off. I think its more fun to build your "Perfect Team" with the best players past or present. Even if you have to go back and learn about who some of these players are. Even so, most OOTP users are going to look at ratings of cards and go with the best, even if they never heard of the player. Or maybe its as simple from a business model point of view. You want to make the best cards very rare so that the user has to buy PP with $ to either open enough packs to get the cards or for the PP to spend on the AH.
Xogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 12:00 PM   #9
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xogo View Post
What is the logic behind this? Why arent all cards even in terms of drop rate? Regardless of the ratings, why do you want teams made up of mostly current players? Are you concerned about PT users being turned-off by players they are unfamiliar with. I would think most users of OOTP are very knowledgeable of the games history. For me, being stuck with mostly current players is a turn off. I think its more fun to build your "Perfect Team" with the best players past or present. Even if you have to go back and learn about who some of these players are. Even so, most OOTP users are going to look at ratings of cards and go with the best, even if they never heard of the player. Or maybe its as simple from a business model point of view. You want to make the best cards very rare so that the user has to buy PP with $ to either open enough packs to get the cards or for the PP to spend on the AH.
Seems pretty simple to me.

Historical players are more desired so you cut down on the availability and their price goes up, causing people to possibly spend more money on Points which makes the Devs more money.

It is the same reason Perfects and Diamonds cards are more rare than silver and bronze cards.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 12:04 PM   #10
mess
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xogo View Post
My understanding is that when the pack is generated, it is assigned values for the pack. (1 Gold, 3 Iron, 2 Bronze for example)

The server then picks out a player randomly from those "pools" at a 80/20 ratio.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:43 PM   #11
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
I have no qualms about the ratio, per se, but if we can't get "more" cards outright, then I would at least love to see fewer instances of multiple cards for the same player - especially if the differences between them are negligible. There are a lot of extremely successful players and even award winners who appear to not have any in game representation. There should be plenty of room for them
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 08:30 AM   #12
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
I have no qualms about the ratio, per se, but if we can't get "more" cards outright, then I would at least love to see fewer instances of multiple cards for the same player - especially if the differences between them are negligible. There are a lot of extremely successful players and even award winners who appear to not have any in game representation. There should be plenty of room for them
In addition to the ratio change, we're also planning to add around 800 new historical cards to OOTP20. Plus keeping the historical cards already in OOTP19.

The majority (probably around 80-90% as a guesstimate) of the new cards will be guys who don't currently have any PT cards.

Plus we'll add even more historical players as content updates throughout the year. So I'd guess overall there will probably be something like 900-1000 new historical cards available in OOTP20.

That's subject to change of course, so not an ironclad guarantee, but it's what we're planning on at the moment.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 01-24-2019 at 08:34 AM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:03 AM   #13
Splitter24
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
In addition to the ratio change, we're also planning to add around 800 new historical cards to OOTP20. Plus keeping the historical cards already in OOTP19.
If you guys need any help on that front, you know where to find me.

Currently Reading: The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen

"Well, the game is afoot. I’ll take anal bum cover for 7,000." - "Sean Connery" SNL Celebrity Jeopardy

R.I.P. Tommy Holmes 1917-2008
Splitter24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 03:41 PM   #14
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter24 View Post
If you guys need any help on that front, you know where to find me.
Thanks for the offer!

I've already made the preliminary list up and we're working on getting the cards created, so probably too late for suggestions of the initial wave of guys this year. The PR guys are taking suggestions for the guys that'll be added in some content updates throughout the year though. Pretty sure there's a Google doc somewhere around here for that...

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 01-24-2019 at 03:42 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 04:35 PM   #15
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks for the offer!

I've already made the preliminary list up and we're working on getting the cards created, so probably too late for suggestions of the initial wave of guys this year. The PR guys are taking suggestions for the guys that'll be added in some content updates throughout the year though. Pretty sure there's a Google doc somewhere around here for that...

Add 1993 Tony Phillips
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 06:26 AM   #16
Splitter24
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks for the offer!

Yeah. I've been flooding that doc (probably a little too much) with suggestions. I had put up two of the latest releases (1912 Zimmerman and 1936 Mungo).

Currently Reading: The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen

"Well, the game is afoot. I’ll take anal bum cover for 7,000." - "Sean Connery" SNL Celebrity Jeopardy

R.I.P. Tommy Holmes 1917-2008
Splitter24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 08:20 AM   #17
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

A little correction, right now the ration is 75% live cards, 25% historical cards. We'll change this to 70/30 for OOTP 20
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 08:23 AM   #18
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
A little correction, right now the ration is 75% live cards, 25% historical cards. We'll change this to 70/30 for OOTP 20
A small request from me:

It would be great if you could re-visit the ratings of the historical cards - I think a lot of modern players are drastically overrated in comparison to historical superstar players.
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote