Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-26-2019, 01:41 PM   #41
Clavette
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
Oh man, the joys of Perfect, where I need to make my team better but my 21K in PP isn't enough to make any improvements. I might have to pre-sell the next player I'm dropping and then hope the PP I get from that give me enough for his upgrade, but the guys I'm mostly looking for are in the 50K+ range.
I've just spent all my points (range up to 40k) on packs. Pulled a tris speaker last week that I added to my roster and a perfect Seaver this morning (from a challenge pack).

The only players that will make a difference on my team are top $$ and I'm not spending anymore real $$ until ootp20

These wild card races are going to come down to the final games tonight
Clavette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 06:10 PM   #42
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

This is going to be interesting. I'm the only team left in the AC that can steal a WC spot. 3.5 games back of 2 teams and playing one of them 3 times at home later, where I dominate. A sweep there seems almost necessary. Especially because I play the Kings of PT the last 3 games of the season where I'll be hopeful to take even 1 game (hoping to avoid Perfect Pedro at least). EDIT: If Sun Dogs don't change up their rotation, I should miss Perfect Pedro and the Wind will run into him. That's going to be nice for my chances.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by DonkeyKongSr; 01-26-2019 at 06:35 PM.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 07:04 PM   #43
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

1.5 back, but now playing the defending champion Yakety Yaks who have a narrow division lead and can technically still miss the playoffs. Going to be a good series, Kushiel.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:12 PM   #44
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

The 2 Perfect Pedros are a combined 47-2. That card is so overpowered.
Old 01-26-2019, 08:17 PM   #45
Clavette
Major Leagues

Looks like your down to win or else.

Tight over on the NC side. Maybe I should have used that perfect Seaver
Old 01-26-2019, 08:19 PM   #46
Clavette
Major Leagues

Sun dogs are just killing it right now
Old 01-26-2019, 08:35 PM   #47
Clavette
Major Leagues

My final 3 games are vs Mike Scott, perfect Pedro, perfect Randy
Old 01-26-2019, 08:53 PM   #48
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
1.5 back, but now playing the defending champion Yakety Yaks who have a narrow division lead and can technically still miss the playoffs. Going to be a good series, Kushiel.
Sorry to almost bump you, but I sure needed those 3 tight, tough games. Good luck

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 09:03 PM   #49
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Clavette is 1/2 game up in the win column over the Burgers going into the final week, should be a nice race to watch. Good luck to all teams competing for a wildcard spot in either league.

Has been a great season regardless of the outcome, this perfect league has been the most competitive perfect from top to bottom that I've been in so far.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 09:14 PM   #50
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
Sorry to almost bump you, but I sure needed those 3 tight, tough games. Good luck
12-4 aggregate score. My pitching was just fine, but my offense was worthless.

On life support with a magic number of 3 for both teams ahead of me, with 6 games left. I pretty much need to sweep the Base Runners, hope they win 1 of their last 3, and win 2 of 3 from the super Sun Dogs. Not happening, but there's a chance at least.

EDIT: Hmm, the Wind are getting Perfect Gooden and Perfect Pedro from the Sun Dogs, so I don't think they'll shave any of those 3 points off on their own in the next couple games. The do have 4 games left after that though.

Last edited by DonkeyKongSr; 01-26-2019 at 09:16 PM.
Old 01-26-2019, 09:22 PM   #51
joehart
All Star Starter

Looks like I got lucky in those last few games. I won 3 of 4 against the division leader (Chicago Slurpes) in the AC West. Hopefully I don't lose 3 straight games against your Hillsboro Hops and more against Kris Jardine.

Whoever makes the Wildcard and survives gets to play Sun Fargo in the next round of 5. Strangely, I am 3-3 against them this season. Wow...I must have faced them at just the right time.

I hope some of you also join the following league. It would be nice to have a few more seasons with you.....
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=298059
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 10:06 PM   #52
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Whelp, it's almost over. Down to that last magic number. I need to win out (LOL) and hope one of Wind or Base Stealers lose out.

Oh damn, Wind beat Perfect Pedro and they are the same team that handed him his only other loss.

Last edited by DonkeyKongSr; 01-26-2019 at 10:07 PM.
Old 01-26-2019, 11:10 PM   #53
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Clavette's team gave perfect Pedro a great shot by scoring 6 runs off him, the most runs scored on him since his first start of the season where he allowed 9 earned for 1 of his 2 losses. But the Stripers fell short 7-6 in extras.

We're now tied for the final wildcard with 2 games to go
Old 01-26-2019, 11:35 PM   #54
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Burgers and Stripers both won, still tied with 1 to go. Stripers beat a hot Randy Johnson, they're throwing a hot Kevin Brown against the Gauchos so there's a likely win there. Burgers are throwing a hot 5th starter and wishing it well.
Old 01-26-2019, 11:55 PM   #55
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Joe, what do you think of that 87 Tony Gwynn card? It's been rock solid for me for a number of seasons. I hate to do it but I'm thinking about trading that Gwynn card, along with Hank Aaron 88 AS and Billy Williams 92 platoon. Maybe replace those with Betts and a platoon of Griffey 92 and Ordonez 91 for about the same platoon pop but a little more defense. Betts should provide more power than Gwynn along with a little better overall defense, although will likely have a lower average with lower potential for 2Bs.

Will probably move Carew 82 from 2nd to leadoff in the order, and drop Betts in to bat 2nd behind him.

Last edited by pappyzan; 01-26-2019 at 11:57 PM.
Old 01-27-2019, 12:04 AM   #56
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Burgers and Stripers both lost with hot starters in the final game. Headed to game 163 for the wildcard with Mike Scott going for the Stripers and Smoltz pitching for the Burgers. Both pitchers were blasted in their prior outing, Smoltz for 5 runs on 14 hits 2 walks in 6 innings and Scott for 8 runs on 8 hits 6 walks in 4 innings

The Stripers have destroyed the Burgers this season going 15-4 against them. Easily the most lopsided W/L difference the Burgers have for the season.

Good luck Clavette!

Last edited by pappyzan; 01-27-2019 at 12:17 AM.
Old 01-27-2019, 12:41 AM   #57
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

A surprise 10-0 win for the Burgers, was a limp to the finish line going just 30-26 over the final 2 months of the season to finish 94-69, eight games under the pythag record. No doubt a mediocre team in this league, lucky to continue on to the wildcard game to face Butts x 6 who won the final 9 games on their schedule.
Old 01-27-2019, 01:08 AM   #58
joehart
All Star Starter

Wow. What a finish in the NC division. I went through a game 163 just once before but lost. Good luck tomorrow.

I hope it won’t be a quick exit and long and boring Sunday.
On the other hand, I am excited to move to the mini-whale league and see if the Base stealers can compete in that league.
Looks like I failed to get the most steals in the league. I will have to see if I can make some adjustments to pick up a few more steals.

Old 01-27-2019, 01:19 AM   #59
joehart
All Star Starter

I really like the Tony Gwynn card. The 87 card continues to deliver in almost every league that I have been in.

Betts is probably the better long term option. He continues to show up among the top WAR producers and even in bad years still produces good results.

My Base Stealers will continue to utilize 2B Eddie Collins. He is usually the top stealer (unless 97 Cobb has a great year).
His stats don’t look that impressive but he surprises with good average and ~3WAR and is a great lead off guy.

I tried to utilize him just as a pinch runner but with mixed result so now he is a starter again.

I have mixed feelings about Carew. I will have to check the DB but if I recall correctly, he underperformed in most years.

Old 01-27-2019, 01:44 AM   #60
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
I have mixed feelings about Carew. I will have to check the DB but if I recall correctly, he underperformed in most years.
I do as well, but he's performed pretty well for me for 3 PL seasons. I'd guess it depends on the park and i've been using him in a platoon too, so primarily RHP only. I hesitate to move Gwynn, but I've got a few too many non-power bats and limited PP to spend to upgrade.

Last edited by pappyzan; 06-26-2019 at 11:05 AM.