Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 07-03-2018, 10:46 PM   #281
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 19th, 1986

Still down at Jack Murphy. The Padres are pitching Eric Show (3-8, 3.89).
The Giants are pitching Willie Fraser (6-2, 3.50).

I am a big fat 0 for 18 vs Show.

I kicked off the game by making it 0 for 19. Strike out.

San Diego started scoring before they even made an out as Tony Gwynn hit an RBI double. Then Carmelo Martinez scored on a Kevin McReynolds groundout. Darrell Miller capped it with a two run homer... or so we thought. Juan Beniquez walked and was knocked it by a Mark Wasinger double.

5-0 Padres.

We got some back in the 2nd when Kenny Oberkfell doubled home Lee Mazzilli and then scored himself on a John Rabb single.

Padres lead 5-2.

In the bottom half I started a Priske - Oberkfell - Deer double play to get John Kruk and Martinez.

I led off the 3rd by hitting a weak fly to McReynolds in centre. Chris Brown tripled behind me and scored on a Child Davis grounder.

Padres lead 5-3.

In the 4th Lee scored on an RBI single by Kenny O to get us even closer!

Padres lead 5-4.

I led off the 5th by grounding out to Wasinger at short.

I got the 3rd out in the home half off a Harold Reynolds grounder with a man on 3rd.

In the 6th Lee scored on a Kenny O single again, to tie the game!

Game tied 5-5.

I came up int he 7th with none out and pinch hitter Robby Thompson on 1st. Jerry Reuss was now pitching. I grounded to Wasinger again, but only into a fielder's choice, putting me on 1st. That was a base running upgrade as I quickly picked up stolen base #51 AND #52. I then scored on Chris Brown reached on a Wasinger error. We had the lead!

Giants lead 6-5.

Jeff Robinson took the mound for us that inning.

I came up with one out in the 9th. Lance McCullers was on the mound. I finally figured it out and singled into right. Stolen base #53! I then tried for #54 but no! I was thrown out for the 7th time this season!

Scott Garrelts came it to close things out for us. He gave up a two out walk but that was in and he raised his league leading save total to 23.

I went 1 for 5 and stole 3 bags.

We are 41-24 but trail the uber-hot Dodgers by 4.5 games.

Tomorrow we are home to face the Astros.

````````````````````````````````````````

Last edited by rpriske; 07-14-2018 at 02:06 PM.
rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 07:08 AM   #282
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 20th, 1986

We are home and pitching Bruce Ruffin (5-3, 3.14).

The Astros are in town and throwing Bert Blyleven (4-5, 2.90).

I am 1 for 18 vs Bert.

The Astros threatened early but a nice Thompson - Priske - Deer double play to get Keith Hernandez and Harold Baines ended that without damage.

I led off the home half by striking out.

I next led off our part of the 4th by eating a Blyleven fastball. With one out I tried to steal but ran into a pitchout and was gunned down.

Houston opened the scoring in the 5th when Bill Doran doubled home Dickie Thon with two out.

Astros lead 1-0.

I made my first play in the 6th, grabbing a Wes Clements grounder for the 3rd out.

I led off the home half by reaching on an error to Keith Hernandez at 1st. I ran into another pitchout, but this time I was safe anyway. Stolen base #54. One out later I stole 3rd for #55. Unfortunately Blyleven struck out Chili Davis and Rob Deer and I was stranded.

I got the 2nd out in the 7th, taking a Blyleven grounder. Doran reached on an error to Lee Mazzilli and Nestor went to the pen, bringing in Pat Perry.
He couldn't strand the inherited runner as Jerry Mumphrey singled him home.

Astros lead 2-0.

Mark Davis came in to pitch the 8th.

I led off the bottom half by grounding out to Hernandez.

I got the 2nd out in the 9th, taking a Doran grounder.

We were unable to score and Blyleven had the complete game shutout.

I was 0 for 3 with a pair of stolen bases.

Old 07-09-2018, 06:52 AM   #283
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 21st, 1986

Today the Astros are pitching Mark Knudson (5-1, 3.14).

The Giants are going with Terry Mulholland (6-4, 4.06).

I am 2 for 4 vs Knudson.

I got the last out i the opening frame off a Doug DeCinces grounder.

I led off the home half by striking out.

I got the 1st out in the 2nd by snagging a Ken Griffey pop.
The Astros loaded the bases with one out by Bob Brenly started a nice 2-3 double play to get out of it.

We opened the scoring on the bottom half when Brenly double down with a sweet solo home run!

Giants lead 1-0.

I came up with one out in the 3rd and struck out again!

I took another DeCinces grounder for the 1st out in the 4th.
Ron Hassey evened the game up with a solo shot of his own.

Game tied 1-1.

I came up in the 5th with one out, Brenly on 3rd, and Lee Mazzilli on 2nd. I popped one up to shallow centre. I couldn't even get the sac. Thankfully Chris Brown did better and singled home both runners.

Giants lead 3-1.

Scott Garrelts took over on the mound to start the 8th. I got the 3rd out for him, catching a Harold Baines pop.

I led off the bottom of the 8th by grounding out to DeCinces at 3rd. Before the inning was up, though, Mike Aldrete doubled home Chili Davis and Rob Deer!

Giants lead 5-1.

And then is how it ended!

Good game for us, but a bad one for me.

We are 42-25.

Tomorrow we play two vs the Astros!

Old 07-11-2018, 12:15 PM   #284
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 22nd, 1986

The first game of today's double header has the Astros pitching John Candelaria (3-8, 3.80).
The Giants are going with Eric King (4-2, 3.53).

I am 3 for 17 vs Candy... and I am slumping at the plate.

I led off for us by lining out to Keith Hernandez at 1st.
Rob Deer did a lot better, hitting a solo shot to open the scoring.

Giants lead 1-0.

The Astros didn't take long to even it up as Ken Griffey doubled home Doug DeCinces after only two batters in the 2nd. Ron Hassey then doubled Griffey in. He scored later on a Bill Doran sac fly.

Astros lead 3-1.

In the 3rd I started a nice Priske - Thompson - Deer double play to get Harold Baines and DeCinces out.

I came up with two out int he 3rd and struck out.

In the 5th I caught a DeCinces pop for the final out.

Then came our half...
John Rabb reached with a one out single. Hernandez fumbled a Kenny Oberkfell grounder and both him and Rabb were safe. Lee Mazzilli doubled, scoring both runners. Eric King struck out.I came up and followed off five straight pitched before hitting a single, scoring Lee. Robby Thompson doubled and I scored. Rob Deer was hit by a pitch and then Bob Brenly singled, scoring Robby.

Giants lead 7-3.

King reached the end of his run during the 6th and Nestor went with Pat Perry (and Tom O'Malley replacing Kenny O at 3rd on a double switch). The inherited runner, Hassey, scored on a Dickie Thon double.

Giants lead 7-4.

I came up with one out in the 6th, Mazzilli on 1st, now facing Mike Flanagan, and I I did the worst thing and hit into a double play.

In the 7th I started another Priske - Thompson - Deer double play, getting Bill Doran and Chuck Jackson out.

On the home half Chili Davis pinch hit for Perry with he bases loaded and doubled, scoring the whole lot!

Giants lead 10-4!

Mike Perez came in to pitch in the 8th. I got the 1st out for him, taking a Baines grounder.

I came up with one out in the 8th and flew out to Baines in right.

In the 9th I snagged a grounder by pinch hitter Joey Cora to end the game.

I got a single, and RBI, and scored a run. Still, one for five.

We won though!

And another game to come today!

Old 07-11-2018, 12:44 PM   #285
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 22nd, 1986

In the evening game the Astros pitched Joe Niekro (7-4, 3.58).
The Giants had Dennis Eckersley (10-3, 2.07).

I am 2 for 7 vs Niekro.

I got the 3rd out in the top of the 1st off a Keith Hernandez grounder.

I led off the home half by dropping a single into short right!
I moved to 3rd on a Chris Brown single... but was thrown out trying to turn a Mike Aldrete fly-ball into a sac.

I came up next in the 3rd, with one out, and singled again, this time to centre. I tried to steal 2nd and was thrown out again! What is going on? I am finally hitting and my wheels have betrayed me!

Mike Aldrete led off our part of the 4th with a solo shot to get something on the board!

Giants lead 1-0.

Harold Baines led off the 5th with the firs that for the Astros but Doug DeCinces hit into a sweet Priske - Oberkfell - Deer double play to erase the runner.

I came up with two out in the 5th and I singled to centre again! I moved to 3rd on a Brown single again. Niekro walked Aldrete to load the bags but Deer grounded out.

Houston tied it up in a strange way when Eck struck out pinch hitter Chuck Jackson for what should have been the 3rd out but the ball got past Bob Brenly and Jackson made it to 1st. Then Bill Doran doubled and Jackson scored!

Game tied 1-1.

Jeff Robinson relieved for Eck in the 7th. I feel like we robbed Dennis of the W.

I came up in the 7th with one out and Jeff Heathcock on the mound. I ground out to Doran at 2nd.

Mark Davis took over for Robinson in the 8th. I got the 2nd out for him, handling a Dickie Thon grounder.

Scott Garrelts took over with one out in the 9th, also bringing in Child Davis on a double switch. He walked Doran but Brenly threw him out trying to steal. Then Jerry Mumphrey reached on an error by... me.
It didn't cost us, but what is going on? I am defense and speed first.

We didn't score and it was extra innings.

Scott gave up singles to the first two batters in the 9th and Nestor switched him for Frank Williams. He got out of it.

I led off the bottom of the 10th with Houston closer Dave Smith pitching. He struck me out.
Pat Perry came it to pitch in the 11th.

We got Kenny Oberkfell to 2nd with two out in the 11th and Jeff Calhoun intentionally walked Chili to face me.
I am 3 for 5 today and they still would rather face me.
Okay.
Ball one. Fastball.
I fouled off a curve.
Fastball and I hit a scorcher... right to Tim Jones at short. 3rd out.

In the top of the 12th Doug DeCinces hit a two out homer to take the lead.

Astros lead 2-1.

We were up against it.

Chris Brown grounded out.
Mike Aldrete walked.
Rob Deer... launched a 1-1 pitch over the wall for a walk-off 3-2 win!

WOOOOO!!!!!!!

Big win.

I went 3 for 6, which was nice, but I was thrown out on the base paths twice and made an error.

Tomorrow the Padres are coming to town... and Nestor has already told me that he is giving me a rest day.

Today was a long day.

Last edited by rpriske; 07-11-2018 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07-14-2018, 09:40 AM   #286
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 23rd, 1986

The Giants (Willie Fraser, 7-2, 3.90) were facing the Padres (Dave Dravecky, 4-8, 3.52).

I ws given the day off. Brad Wellman played short.

We lost 5-2.

June 24th, 1986

Today the Padres were pitching Eric Show (3-8, 4.12).
The Giants went with Bruce Ruffin (5-4, 3.02).

I was back in the lineup... but I have gone 0 for 21 vs Show.

I led off the bottom of the 1st by making that 0 for 22. I grounded out right back to Show.

I came up in the 3rd with two out and Lee Mazzilli on 2nd. I grounded out to Carmelo Martinez at 1st. 0 for 23.

My first defensive play came in the 4th where I took an Ozzie Guillen grounder for a 2nd out fielder's choice.

I next got the 1st out in the 5th, taking a Show grounder.

In the bottom half we opened the scoring when Rob Deer scored on a Mazzilli single.

Giants lead 1-0.

Mike Perez relieved Ruffin during the 6th.

I led off the bottom of the 6th by finally cracking that goose egg by legging out an infield single! I then moved to 3rd on a Chris Brown single. Chili Davis then singled and I scored! Chris and Chili both scored on a Deer triple. He scored on a Robby Thompson double.

Giants lead 5-0!

Mike Perez struck out the side and left the game still with a 0.00 ERA after pitching a total of 10.1 innings...

I came up in the 7th with one out and flew out to Tony Gwynn in right.

Mark Davis took the mound for us in the 8th. The Padres got on the board against him as Martinez socked a solo homer.

Giants lead 5-1.

Mark got the last three outs and this one went in the WIN column.

I went 1 for 4 with a run scored.

We are now 45-26, trailing the Dodgers by 3 and the Reds by 1.5.

Last edited by rpriske; 07-16-2018 at 06:42 AM.
Old 07-16-2018, 07:05 AM   #287
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 25th, 1986

Today the Padres are pitching Mark Langston (5-6, 3.98).
The Giants are using Terry Mulholland (7-4, 3.86).

I have done well against Langston, going 3 for 5.

I got into early, taking a Mark Wasinger grounder for the 1st out. We then got a Thompson - Priske - O'Malley double play to get Kevin McReynolds and Juan Beniquez for the other two outs.

I led off our half by flying out to McReynolds at the wall in centre.

We got onto board in the 2nd when John Rabb hit a solo home run.

Giants lead 1-0.

The Padres evened it up quickly when Doug Gwosdz hit a homer in his first major league at-bat. A little later Langston scored on a McReynolds sac fly.

Padres lead 2-1.

I came up with two out in the 3rd and hit one into the left field corner for a stand up triple! Unfortunately I was left there.

I got the 2nd out in the 4th off a Darrell Miller grounder.

I got the 1st out in the 6th,ahndlign a Beniquez grounder.

I came up in the bottom of the 6th with one out and I doubled into left! I then stole 3rd for #56. Once again, I was left on 3rd.

Frank William took over pitching duties in the 8th, and Scott Garrelts took over in the 9th. The Padres got to him when pinch hitter Harold Reynolds scored Ozzie Guillen with a single. Then Wasinger singled, scoring pinch hitter Ted Simmons.

Padres lead 4-1.

I led off out potentially last inning, now facing Goose Gossage. He struck me out.

That was it. We lost 4-1.

I had a solid day, going 2 for 4 with a double and a triple.

Tomorrow is a travel day as we head to Cincinnati.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:57 PM   #288
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 27th, 1986

Today we are in Cincinnati to face Andy Hawkins (4-4, 5.91) and the Reds.

The Giants have ace Dennis Eckersley (10-3, 1.95) going.

I have gone 2 for 5 vs Hawkins.

I led off the game in Riverfront Stadium by getting the whiff.
Things went better after me as Chris Brown scored on a Chili Davis single and Chili scored on a fielder's choice by Lee Mazzilli.

Giants lead 2-0.

I got into the action on the other side as I grabbed a Ryne Sandberg grounder fro the 2nd out. After that Eric Davis put the Reds on the board with a triple scoring Will Clark. Then Davis scored when I dropped a Gary Redus pop that should have ended the inning.
What gold glove?
I grabbed a Kurt Stillwell grounder for the 3rd out but the damage was done.

Game tied 2-2.

I came up with two out in the 2nd and grounded out to Stillwell at short.

We got the lead back in the 3rd when Brown scored on a Mazzilli single. Then Mike Aldrete scored on a Kenny Oberkfell single and Mazzilli scored on a Bob Brenly single.

Giants lead 5-2.

I led off the 4th by grounding out to Stillwell again.

I got the 1st out in the bottom half, grabbing a Stillwell grounder. Reds scored on an Al Newman groundout.

Giants lead 5-3.

I came up in the 6th with none out and Eck on 1st. Ted Power was pitching. I struck out for the 2nd time today.

Pat Perry took over on the mound with one out in the 6th. I got him his 1st out, the 2nd in the inning, off a Reds grounder.

I came up in the 8th with one out and Brenly on 1st. Donnie Moore was the pitcher. I hit into a fielder's choice to Will Clark at 1st. I took advantage with stolen base #57, but was left at 2nd.

Scott Garrelts took the mound for us that inning. I got the 1st out for him off a Sandberg groundball.

We opened up again in the 9th. Aldrete scored off a Mazzilli single. Rob Deer scored on a Kenny O single. Mazzilli scored on a Brenly single. Both Kenny and Brenly scored off a Robby Thompson pinch-hit double.
Oh, and I grounded out again.

Giants lead 10-3.

Mike Perez took over pitching duties in the 9th. Tom O'Malley replaced Deer at 1st. Three outs later and we had the game.

Great game for the team. Not for me. 0 for 6. A stolen base, but that is it.
And a terrible error.

We are 46-27. We trail the Dodgers by 2 games and the Reds by .5.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:41 AM   #289
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 28th, 1986

The Giants are pitching Eric King (5-2, 3.78) today.

We are facing Jeff Russell (1-3, 4.08) and the Reds.

I have gone 5 for 15 vs Russell.

I led off the game by grounding out to Will Clark at 1st. A Chris Brown walk and a Chili Davis home run but us on the board.

Giants lead 2-0.

I came up with one out in the 3rd and grounded out to Clark again.

The Reds got on the board in the 4th when Gary Redus hit a solo shot.

Giants lead 2-1.

I came up in the 5th with one out and Lee Mazzilli on 2nd. I flew out to Eric Davis in centre.

I was keystone on a nice Thompson - Priske - Deer double play to get Wade Rowden and Cal Daniels out. After that Ryne Sandberg tied the game with an RBI single. Then Clark hit a two run homer to give the Reds the lead.

Reds lead 4-2.

Nestor pulled a double switch in the 6th, brining in Frank Williams to pitch and Tom O'Malley to take over for Deer at 1st.
I got the 2nd out for Frank, taking a Kurt Stillwell grounder.

The double switch paid off in the 7th when O'Malley hit a two run double, scoring Bob Brenly and Mazzilli with one out to tie the game. I came up next, now facing Donnie Moore. I worked a walk. We were left on.

Game tied 4-4.

Mark Davis came in to pitch for us in the 8th. I got him the 3rd out off a Davis grounder.

I came up in the 9th with two out, Brenly on 3rd, and John Franco on the mound. I flew out to Redus in right.

Scott Garrelts came in the pitch for us in the 10th. Scorrie is out go-to guy but today he gave up a solo homer to Rowden for the walk off 5-4 loss.

Bad day for me, going 0 for 4 with a walk.

Old 07-22-2018, 11:00 AM   #290
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 29th, 1986

Still in Cincy and today the Reds are pitching Tom Browning (8-6, 3.77).
The Giants have Bruce Ruffin (6-4, 2.86) going.

I have gone 2 for 7 vs Browning.

Nestor has John Rabb playing in centre today. Odd.

I led off the game under an afternoon sky by grounding out to Kurt Stillwell at short.

I led off the 3rd by hitting one off the wall in right centre and motoring around for a triple! Robby Thompson singled and I scored! Rob Deer hit a two run shot to widen our lead.

Giants lead 3-0.

I came up in the 4th with two out and Ben Oglivie on 3rd. I couldn't get it down and struck out.

I made my first defensive play in the 5th, grabbing an Eric Davis grounder for the 1st out. I then did the same on a Gary Redus grounder for the 2nd.

I came up next in the 6th, with two out and Oglivie on 2nd. Rob Murphy was now pitching. I struck out again.

The Reds got on the board in the bottom half when Nick Esasky hit a lead-off homer. A few batters later and they tied it up when Al Newman hit a two run blast.

Game tied 3-3.

The Reds took the lead in the 7th when Kal Daniels hit pinch hit home run. I took a Tim McIntosh grounder for the 3rd out.

Reds lead 4-3.

I came up in the 8th with one out, Kenny Oberkfell on 2nd, and pinch hitter Chris Brown on 1st. Ron Robinson took the mound to face me. I flew out to Esasky in left.

Mark Davis took over pitching duties for us in the bottom half. It was a double switch also bringing in Brad Wellman to play 2nd. The Reds got to him when Ryne Sandberg singled home pinch hitter Don Baylor. Then Will Clark singled, scoring Newman. Mark couldn't get through the inning and turned it over to Pat Perry with two on and one out. We finished it with a Wellman - Priske - Deer double play to get Clark and Al Cowens.

Reds lead 6-3.

We couldn't get any runs in the 9th and dropped our 2nd straight.

We are off to Atlanta to try to turn things around.

Old 07-25-2018, 06:58 AM   #291
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 30th, 1986

We are in Atlanta to face Pascual Perez (3-7, 4.98) and the Braves.

The Giants are pitching Terry Mulholland (7-5, 3.68).

I have gone 1 for 10 vs Perez.

I quickly made that 2 for 11 as I tripled off the right field wall to kick off the game! Despite that we do not score in the 1st.

After giving up a leadoff single we get a nice Oberkfell - Priske - Deer double play to get Gary Sheffield and Gerald Perry.

I take an Andres Galarraga grounder for the 1st out in the 2nd.

I came up in the 3rd with two out and ground out to Ron Oester at 2nd.

I got the 2nd out in the bottom half of a Perez grounder. I did the same in the 4th of an Oester grounder. However, that inning also saw Claudell Washington belt a three run homer to put the Braves on the board.

Braves lead 3-0.

I came up with to out in the 5th and I dropped one into shallow left for a single. I then picked up stolen base #58. Chris Brown singled and I scored!

Braves lead 3-1.

I came up with two out in the 7th, now facing George Frazier, and I struck out.

In the bottom half I took a George Hendrick grounder for the 2nd out.

Jeff Robinson took over pitching for us in the 8th. I handled an Oester grounder for the 3rd out.

I came up in the 9th with Ben Oglivie on 1st and two out. I represented the tying run. Ken Dayley was pitching.

Ball one.
Strike one.
Deep one down the left field line... but it went foul.
Curveball for strike three.

I got two hits today but didn't get one when the chips were down.

The team made a change after the game. Scott Bradley was called back up from Phoenix. Brad Wellman was placed on waivers to make room for him.

Last edited by rpriske; 07-28-2018 at 08:03 AM.
Old 07-28-2018, 08:29 AM   #292
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 1st, 1987

Canada Day! In Atlanta... surrounded by Americans.

Oh well.

Today the Braves are pitching Tom Glavine (4-6, 5.08).
The Giants are going with Willie Fraser (7-3, 4.29).

I have gone 2 for 10 vs Glavine, and one of those two was a home run.

I led off the game by eating a whiff.

The Braves opened the scoring in the 1st when Milt Thomson scored from 2nd on a Ron Oester single.

Braves lead 1-0.

In the 2nd I got under a pop by Gerald Perry and... dropped it. Somehow. I don't understand it either. I made up for it a little by being the pivot on a Thompson - Priske - Deer double play to get Perry and Tommy Thompson.

I came up in the 3rd with one out and Lee Mazzilli on 2nd. This time I walked. With two out Chili Davis also walked, to load the bases. Then Rob Deer ALSO walked, to score Lee! Mike Aldrete singled to score myself and Chili. Then Robby Thompson homered!

Giants lead 6-1!

I came up with two out in the 4th and grounded out to Andres Galarraga at 1st.

I got the 1st out in the bottom of the 6th, taking a Ron Cey grounder.

I led off the 7th, now facing Ed Vande Berg. I was walked again. This time there was nobody in front of me so I picked up stolen base #59 AND #60! Chili singled and I scored again. Chili later scored on an Aldrete sac fly.

Giants lead 8-1.

Fraser left with two out and two on in the 7th. Mike Perez took over and gave up a double to Oester, which scored both inherited runners.

Giants lead 8-3.

Pat Perry took over in the 8th. He gave up a solo homer to Galarraga on his 2nd pitch.

Giants lead 8-4.

I led off the 9th, now facing Brian Fisher. I doubled into the right field corner. I loved to 3rd on a deep fly by Chili and then scored on a Deer double.

Giants lead 9-4.

With one out in the 9th Scott Garrelts took over pitching, in what was clearly not a closer situation. He struck out both guys he faced and we picked up the win.

Nice day for me! 1 for 3 with a double, two walks, THREE runs scored and a pair of stolen bases! (And an error...)

We are now 47-30. We still trail the Dodgers by 3 and the Reds by 2.5.

Last edited by rpriske; 07-28-2018 at 09:35 AM.
Old 07-30-2018, 06:27 AM   #293
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 2nd, 1986

Still in Atlanta and facing Joe Johnson (6-7, 4.74).
The Giants are pitching Dennis Eckersley (11-3, 2.01).

I am 2 for 3 vs Johnson.

I led off the game by grounding out to Gary Sheffield at short.

In the 2nd Rob Deer scored on a Mike Aldrete double,

Giants lead 1-0.

I came up with one out in the 3rd and I grounded you two Ron Oester at 2nd.

In the 4th Aldrete scored on a Lee Mazzilli single.

Giants lead 2-0.

I got the 1st out in the bottom half, taking an Oester grounder. The Braves tied it up that inning when Ron Cey hit a two-run homer off Eck.

Game tied 2-2.

I led off the 5th by grounding out to Oester again.

I came up next with two out in the 7th and I dropped one into short left for a single. I quickly grabbed stolen base #61, but got no further.

Eck gave up a hit to the 1st batter in the 7th and Nestor called in Jeff Robinson. Johnny Grubb came in as a pinch hitter and knocked Gerald Perry in with a single, leaving Eck on the hook if we can't come back. Instead it gets worse as Sheffield knocks home Grubb.

Braves lead 4-2.

We got one back in the 8th when Rob Deer smacked a solo homer.

Braves lead 4-3.

Jeff had more problems in the bottom half. The first three batter slowed the bases and then he balked in a run. He struck out Perry and then intentionally walked Grubb before Nestor brought in Mark Davis. He got Tommy Thompson but it was a sac fly, scoring Andres Galarraga.

Braves lead 6-3.

We did nothing in the 9th and that is how it ended.

I went 1 for 4 with a stolen base.

We are 47-31.

We are heading back home and the Cardinals are coming to town.

Old 08-02-2018, 11:14 PM   #294
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 3rd, 1986

We are home and the Cardinals are in town for an afternoon game. They are pitching Danny Cox (6-6, 3.54).
The Giants are pitching Eric King (5-2, 4.01).

I have gone 6 for 16 vs Cox.

I got the 3rd out in the 1st, with a man on 3rd, by grabbing a WIllie McGee grounder.

I led off the bottom half by grounding out back to Cox.

We opened the scoring int he 2nd when Mike Aldrete scored on a Kenny Oberkfell single.

Giants lead 1-0.

The Cards got in back int he 3rd when Vince Coleman scored on an Andy Van Slyke sac fly.

Game tied 1-1.

I came up in the bottom half with one out and grounded out to Cox again.
After that Chris Brown doubled and was lifted for pinch runner, Tom O'Malley, after Brown was favouring his leg. Chili Davis homered.

Giants lead 3-1.

I hope Chris is okay.

In the 4th we ended things with a nifty Priske - Oberkfell - Deer double play to get Tom Pagnozzi and Bill Almon out.

I came up with two out in the 5th and flew out to Van Slyke in deep right.

Pat Perry came in to pitch in the 6th. After he gave up a lead-off triple in the 8th, Nestor went with Scott Garrelts, and brought John Rabb in for Rob Deer in a double switch. Scott lost the inherited runner with a single by Bruce Bochte. I got the 1st out off a Van Slyke fielder's choice ball. Scott then walked the next two batters to load them up. He struck out the next two to get out of it.

Giants lead 3-2.

I came up with two out in the 9th and grounded out to Tommy Herr at 2nd.

Scott walked Oddibe McDowell, who moved to 2nd on a fly out. Nestor then went with Mark Davis, having seen that Scott didn't have it today. I grabbed a Coleman grounder for a tough 2nd out. Mark walked Bochte and then induced a foul pop from Van Slyke to finish the save.

Not a good day for me at the plate but a nice win for the team.

I heard after the game that Brad Wellman cleared waivers and went to Phoenix. Good for us but I really thought somebody would grab him. Brad is a good player.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:14 AM   #295
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 4th, 1986

Playing in San Francisco on the 4th is pretty fun.

Today we are pitching Bruce Ruffin (6-5, 3.01).
The Cardinals are going with Bob Kipper (8-8, 4.09).

I am 0 for 4 vs Kipper.

The Cards struck early as Vince Coleman scored on an Oddibe McDowell double in the 1st.

Cardinals lead 1-0.

I led off the bottom half by striking out.
A Chili Davis single and a Rob Deer home run were much more to our liking.

Giants lead 2-1.

I led off the 3rd by hitting a nubber that catcher Mark Salas fielded for a ground out.

I next came up in the 5th with one out and Lee Mazzilli on 3rd. I went deep to McDowell in centre to pick up the sac fly.

Giants lead 3-1.

I finally made a defensive play in the 7th, grabbing a Salas grounder for the 1st out.

I came up with one out in the bottom half, now facing Terry Leach. I worked a walk, but then Robby Thompson hit into a double play.

Bruce gave up a one out double in the 8th to Andy Van Slyke and Nestor made the switch, bringing in Jeff Robinson. He walked McDowell but then Tommy Herr hit into a Priske - Thompson - Deer double play to end it.

In the bottom half Deer got his 2nd homer of the game.

Giants lead 4-1.

Frank Williams came in to pitch the 9th. Scott Garrelts was still recovering from a tough game yesterday.
He cost himself right away as he pitched Bruce Bochte into a ground out at 1st, but he dropped the ball when Deer tossed it to him. E1.
He got the next two out before Willie McGee hit a pinch hit single, brining the potential tying run to the plate. Rob Deer made a nice catch on a Coleman liner to end the threat and give us the win.

No hits for me today, but I did get a walk and an RBI.

Old 08-07-2018, 11:40 PM   #296
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 5th, 1986

Today the Cardinals are pitching Mike Schooler (4-3, 4.69).

The Giants are pitching Terry Mulholland (7-6, 3.69).

I am 0 for 2 vs Schooler.

I got the 3rd out of the 1st, snagging a liner by Andy Van Slyke.

I then led off the bottom half by dropping one into shallow right on the first pitch for a single.Then came stolen base #62 AND 63. I scored on a Robby Thompson sac fly.

Giants lead 1-0.

The Cards evened it up in the 2nd when Oddibe McDowell scored from 2nd on a Bruce Bochte double. Then they got the lead when Bochte moved to 3rd on a passed ball and scored on a Bill Almon ground out.

Cardinals lead 2-1.

I got the 1st out in the 3rd, handling a Vince Coleman grounder. Lee Mazzilli dropped what should have been the 3rd out and Van Slyke scored. I grabbed an Almon grounder with the bases loaded to end it.

Cardinals lead 3-1.

I led off the bottom of the 3rd by grounding out to Bochte at 1st.

In the 4th Mike Aldrete scored on a Mazzilli single and then Mazzilli scored on a Mulholland single to tie the game! I came up with Scott Bradley on 2nd and Terry on 1st and I walked, loading the bases. Robby grounded out, leaving us all there.

Game tied 3-3.

St.Louis took the lead right back in the 5th as Van Slyke scored on a Mark Salas sac fly.

Cardinals lead 4-3.

Frank Williams came in to pitch for us in the 6th. I made a great play, fielding a tough grounder by Schooler for the 3rd out.

I came up with two out in the bottom half and I flew out to McDowell in centre.

After Frank gets the next three in order it is noted that he has recorded six outs on seven pitches. He ends up pitching four nearly perfect frames (marred only by an error), using 29 pitches.

I came up in the 9th with Scott Bradley, representing the tying run, standing on 1st, one out, and Todd Worrell pitching. I singled into right and Scott moved to 3rd. Robby then singled, scoring Scott to tie the game! Mark Clear took over for Worrell and I ran on him, grabbing stolen base #64. With two out Rob Deer singled and I crossed for the walk-off win!

We took it 5-4!

I went 2 for 4 with two singles, a walk, two runs scored, three stolen bases, and a great day!

We have won three in a row and are sitting two games behind the Dodgers and 1.5 behind the Reds.

Oh my. Chris Brown has a torn meniscus. Poor Chris. That is the rest of the year for him.

Brad Wellman is called back up.

I can't think how lucky I am to not have had an injury.

Old 08-10-2018, 12:17 AM   #297
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 6th, 1986

Today the Cardinals are pitching Greg Hard is (0-2, 5.71).
The Giants are answering with Willie Fraser (8-3, 4.27).

Harris is a rookie and none of us have ever faced him.

I got into it right away when Vince Coleman hit a lead-off ground ball to me for the 1st out. Unfortunately the next couple were both hits as Oddibe McDowell scored Bruce Bochte from 2nd on a single. A couple of batters later and both McDowell and Tommy Herr scored on a Mark Salas double. It ended there as I took an Alex Smith grounder for the 3rd out.

Cardinals lead 3-0.

I led off the home half by working a four pitch walk. I grabbed stolen base #65 on a pitch out! I moved to 3rd on a Mike Aldrete groundout. I was stranded.

I next came up with one out in the 3rd and I whiffed.

Rob Deer led off the bottom of the 4th with a solo homer to put us on the board.

Cardinals lead 3-1.

I came up with two out in the 5th and I grounded out to Smith at 3rd.

I handled a Smith grounder for the 2nd out in the 6th.

Things took a turn for the better in the bottom half when Rob Deer hit his 2nd homer of the game, this one with Aldrete on base. Later Bob Brenly doubled home Robby Thompson to give us the lead.

Giants lead 4-3.

I led off the bottom of the 7th, now facing Greg Minton. I popped out to Smith in foul territory. The rest of the team did much better. Kenny Oberkfell singled with the bases loaded, scoring Aldrete and Chili Davis. Then Deer scored on a Robby Thompson singled Kenny O scored on one by Lee Mazzilli!

Giants lead 8-3!

Willie left for a pinch hitter that inning so Mike Perez took over on the mound.

I led off the bottom of the 8th, with John Stuper on the mound. He struck me out.

Perez ended up getting all six he faced, including three strikeouts, to finish the win for us.

I went 0 for 4 with a walk and a stolen base.

We are 51-31and now only trail the Dodgers by one game and the Reds by a half!

The next day (an off day for us) we learned that Rob Deer was named NL Player of the Week!

Hey, I also heard that Davey Concepcion is retiring. He was kind of a hero when I was a kid.

Now the Cubs are coming to town.

Old 08-12-2018, 02:02 AM   #298
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 8th, 1986

The Cubs are in town and we are breathing down the necks of the Dodgers and Reds.

The Cubs are pitching Bill Swift (2-12, 5.68).

The Giants are pitching Dennis Eckersley (11-4, 2.14).

HUGE mismatch!

I have gone 2 for 6 vs Swift.

I got the 3rd out of the first frame, taking a grounder from that scumbag Mel Hall.

I led off the bottom half by working a four pitch walk. I scored on a Mike Aldrete double. Mike then scored on a double by Chili Davis.

Giants lead 2-0.

The Cubs came back in the 2nd, scoring Shawon Dunston from 2nd on a Cecil Cooper single.

Giants lead 2-1.

I came up in the 2nd with one out and Lee Mazzilli on 2nd. I grounded out to Ray Knight at 3rd.

I got the 1st out in the 3rd, catching a Billy Hatcher pop.

I came up with one out in the 5th and I grounded out to Knight again.
Swift then walked the next three batters before Kenny Oberkfell knocked them all in with a double.

Giants lead 5-1!

I came up in the 6th with two out and Mazzilli on 2nd. I grounded out to Knight for the third straight time.

Scott Garrelts came in to pitch the 9th, though it wasn't a save situation. Three batters later we had the 5-1 win!

I went 0 for 3 with a walk and a run scored.

That is five wins in a row and we are now tied with the Reds, a half game behind the Dodgers!

Last edited by rpriske; 08-12-2018 at 02:10 AM.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:59 AM   #299
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 9th, 1986

Today the Cubs are going with Greg Maddux (3-8, 4.28).
The Giants have Bruce Ruffin (7-5, 2.90).

I have gone 2 for 5 with a home run vs Maddux.

Bruce got in trouble early as Billy Hatcher led off with a triple and then scored on a Ray Knight sac fly.

Cubs lead 1-0.

I led off the home half by grounding out right back to Maddux. We even the game up, though, when Mike Aldrete scored on a Kenny Oberkfell fielder's choice.

Game tied 1-1.

Chicago took the lead back in the 2nd when Jim Gantner scored on a Hatcher single.

Cubs lead 2-1.

In the 3rd we got a textbook Thompson - Priske - Deer double play to get Knight and Mel Hall.

I led off the 3rd by eating a whiff.

In the 5th I came up with one out and Lee Mazzilli on 2nd. I grounded out to Shawon Dunston at short, unable to even advance the runner.

I took a Hall grounder for the 1st out in the 6th.

We tied it back up that inning when Chili Davis scored on a Kenny O single.

Game tied 2-2.

I got the 1st out in the 7th off a Jody Davis grounder.

I came up in the bottom half with two out and pinch-hitter Scott Bradley on 2nd. I struck out again.

Since Bruce left for Scott that inning, Mark Davis came in to pitch for us.

I got the 1st out for the 3rd straight inning. This time it was a Hatcher grounder.

Scott Garrelts came in to pitch the 9th with the game still tied. Tom O'Malley also replaced Kenny O at 3rd in a double switch.

I came up int he bottom of the 9th with two out and Robby Thompson on 3rd and Bob Brenly on 2nd. Rich Bordi was pitching. I struck out for the 3rd time today.

I got the 3rd out in the top of the 10th, snagging another Hatcher grounder.

Jeff Robinson came it to pitch for us in the 11th.

I came up with two out in the bottom of the 11th, now facing Scott Bailes. I struck out for the FOURTH time today.

I made the 1st out in the 12th, grabbing a grounder from pinch hitter Marvell Wynne.

Then we got the walk-off in the biggest way possible. Bob Brenly hit a Grand Slam to grab as the 12 inning, 6-2 win!

Big win but wow, did I ever have a terrible game.

Six win s in a row for us but the Dodgers and Reds both also won.

We found out after that the Giants claimed Denny Walling off waivers from the Blue Jays. This guy was the World Series MVP in 1984 with the Astros.

Old 08-18-2018, 05:08 PM   #300
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

July 10th, 1986

Today the Pirates are pitching Bob Walk (6-5, 3.26).

The Giants are going with Terry Mulholland (7-6, 3.77).

I have gone 1 for 2 vs Walk. Not much of a sample.

Walling hasn't joined the team yet.

I led off the bottom of the 1st by chopping gone right back to Walk for the groundout.

Keith Moreland led off the 2nd by going deep off Terry.

Pirates lead 1-0.

In the 3rd Kirk Gibson scored from 2nd on a Fred Lynn single.

Pirates lead 2-0.

I came up with two out in the 3rd and I struck out.

In the 5th Gibson scored again, this time on a Joe Orsulak groundout.

Pirates lead 3-0.

After Terry gave up a couple of walks in the 8th, Nestor pulled him for Pat Perry. He got out of it, and then singled to lead off the bottom half. I was up next and I dropped one into right for a single. Mike Aldrete few out to centre, but Pat moved up to 3rd. Chili Davis served up what looked like an inning ending double play ball but Johnny Ray threw it away, letting Pat score and putting me at 2nd. I then picked up stolen base #66 going to 3rd. I crossed on a Rob Deer sac fly. Chili stole 2nd and scored on a Kenny Oberkfell single. Robby Thompson doubled and Bob Brenly singled to score Kenny O!

Giants lead 4-3!

Our lead was short lived as Lynn led off the 7th with a solo shot.

Game tied 4-4.

I came up in the bottom half with one out and Aaron Carlie now pitching. I walked on four pitches. Walking is fine but running is more my speed and I quickly stole base #67 AND 68! Aldrete singled and I scored the go-ahead run.

Giants lead 5-4.

Mark Davis took the hill for us to kick off the 8th.

Once again the Pirates came right back as Willie Aikens scored from 1st on an Ozzie Smith double. We got Ozzie out trying to stretch it to a triple and he was hurt on the play.

Game is tied 5-5.

Mark Walked Gibson to open the 9th and Nestor gave him the hook, bringing in Jeff Robinson. He kept the Bucs from scoring.

Bottom of the 9th, tie game, Brenly on 3rd and two out. I am facing Dale Mahocric.

Curveball outside for ball one.

Fastball strike on the upper half.

I fouled the next pitch into the seats along the right side.

Another foul, tapped to the right.

And another.

Fouled one back into the screen.

Laid off a low one. 2-2.

Fouled one to the right off the screen.

Fastball... I connect... through the left side... AND IT GETS THROUGH! WALK-OFF 6-5 WIN!

I went 2 for 4 with two singles and a walk, two runs scored, THREE stolen bases, and a walk-iff, game-winning RBI!

We have passed the Reds and are half a game behind the Dodgers! That is SEVEN wins in a row!

After the game we got the word. Brad Wellman was heading to Phoenix to make room for Denny Walling. It seems that this will cost Lee Mazzilli some playing time as Walling will play 1st, Rob Deer will go to right and Chili Davis to centre.