Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 12-12-2015, 06:37 PM   #221
ravinhood
Major Leagues

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
On the personnel screen of staff that coach for you. Please put what franchise like ML or AAA (team name), AA (team name) etc. etc. they are coaching for you for in. I get to the personnel screen and every year have to go back n forth looking for the team they are assigned to.

In certain screens when you are looking at something and go to another page it does not stay where it was when you go back to it. It always defaults to the top of the page and I have to scroll down to what I wanted to look at again an again each time I look at a seperate page. This is very annoying and has been in OOTPBB for years. Decades even I think. This is most common when I am looking at potentials and want to see his profile/ I click on his name and it takes me to the profile page but when I got back to the list it takes me back to the top again.

Some pages don't allow me to sort columns. Everything with a column should be allowed to be sorted and STAY in that sort position if I go to another page.
ravinhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 11:10 PM   #222
kingtut313
Minors (Double A)

I would really love the ability to add contract expectations to the filter list. This would also really help in the draft.

Example 1: Spring training is upon us and I am looking to flesh out my minor league ptiching staff. It would really be helpful if I could automatically eliminate the players expecting $800k (or any guaranteed commitment) this season because all I need is a #5 starter for my AA club.

Example 2: I am in round 24 of my draft and there is a catcher with solid stats but he is expecting a $3M signing bonus. I would rather filter him out because that is a wasted pick.
Old 12-14-2015, 03:34 PM   #223
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

How about on the lineups screen, make an option for certain players to start at that position depending on the handedness of the pitcher? So if i have TWO good players at a certain position, i want certain players to play if the pitcher is right handed or left handed? This would be easier instead of me going to the player strategy screen every time to set my players when i should be able to do it from the lineups screen.

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 03:42 PM   #224
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjl518 View Post
How about on the lineups screen, make an option for certain players to start at that position depending on the handedness of the pitcher? So if i have TWO good players at a certain position, i want certain players to play if the pitcher is right handed or left handed? This would be easier instead of me going to the player strategy screen every time to set my players when i should be able to do it from the lineups screen.
Isn't that what vs. RH and vs. LH lineup/depth charts are for or am I mis-reading your post?
Old 12-17-2015, 12:39 PM   #225
thekingofKC
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKL View Post
I would like to see the team record showing in the League Scores page, where you see the WP, HR, and Player of the Game, and scoreline for all the league games. This would be helpful because you could quickly assess how that day's game affected the team's records in relation to other teams in the league.
I just want to second this. I've mentioned this before in the past; it would be an easy way to make daily results in leagues much easier to understand/comprehend. Saves a lot of flipping back and forth between standings/scores.
thekingofKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 12:59 PM   #226
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

This was mentioned in the suggestions thread but this feels like a good INTERFACE' suggestion...

Let us access the hitting and pitching 'line-up' pages while playing out a game, without having to leave the game to do so.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 04:47 PM   #227
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkInCincy View Post
Isn't that what vs. RH and vs. LH lineup/depth charts are for or am I mis-reading your post?

no...I would like to set my platoon lineups from just ONE screen instead of having to go to my player strategy screens and pretty much have to set my force start players against four different types of lineups. And as I mentioned before, a "Clear or Reset Player Strategy Button" would be nice.

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 09:14 PM   #228
Teece
Bat Boy

I would like greater control over cash max. I like using use the 'import adjusted financial settings' option but would like to have the option to omit cash max from being imported so it can remain at $0 year over year.
Teece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 09:37 PM   #229
rockiesfan4ever
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timrh23 View Post
I have one small request...on the Draft Pick Negotiation page can we leave the "signed" players on the list and set the status to "Signed" and the "Negotiate" link greyed out? This allows me to review how many "Impossible" or "Extremely Hard" players I was able to bowl over with an offer
And could we get the players who have broken off negotiations to disappear off of our list as well?

Also, could we add a "withdraw" type option for draftees so we can mark that we don't want to sign them?

EDIT: One more thing I thought of. The ability to choose which shortlist is showing up in all caps. I use multiple shortlists (for draftees, trades, converts, etc.) and I would love the ability to choose which shortlist(s) was the one that was actively showing the "highlighted" players. For example, if I am looking at the draft list I would love my "Draftees" shortlist to be active instead of having everyone on every list active.

Last edited by rockiesfan4ever; 12-22-2015 at 09:43 PM.
rockiesfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 12:33 AM   #230
Roy Tucker
Minors (Triple A)

On the manager home screen to be able to see the starting lineup, starting pitchers and bullpen at the same time in separate widgets.
Roy Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 11:28 PM   #231
diamondparoxysm
Minors (Single A)

I like to draft players based on numbers in college (as well as scout grades), but sometimes there are no numbers. Would help the draft experience.
diamondparoxysm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 02:09 PM   #232
Roy Tucker
Minors (Triple A)

I would like the pennant chase screen not to reset to the top after hitting the check mark to advance a day. Since my team is in the central division, I scroll down to see the info but after hitting the check mark, I have to scroll down again. I would like for the page to lock onto the division my team is in day after day.
Old 12-31-2015, 08:22 PM   #233
jdodd17
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Player profile custom career stats

Markus please I would love to able custom career stats for pitcher and batting to view different style for OOTP 17.

This is OOTP 16. Need to add custom Batting and Pitching Stats.

Name:  viewcustom,.png
Views: 448
Size:  136.4 KB

Back of old topps baseball card.

Name:  oldtopps.png
Views: 428
Size:  33.6 KB

Newer topps baseball card.

Name:  topps.png
Views: 401
Size:  43.5 KB

Last edited by jdodd17; 12-31-2015 at 08:26 PM.
jdodd17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 10:25 PM   #234
Roy Tucker
Minors (Triple A)

Also would love to see a special marking for all time single season records and all time career records. Maybe a little superscript 1 or put the number in gold.
Old 01-03-2016, 04:44 PM   #235
Len1950
Minors (Single A)

Hi, everybody. This is my first post. Apologies in advance if I do something wrong. I've been playing for a year (version 15 and 16), and I love the game. Here are a bunch of suggestions based on ideas I've had this year. For convenience, I will post them separately. These are the things I'd like to see improved:

Idea #1: Now that you can see a player's stats and key ratings by hovering over their names, the players offered on the 'Shop a Player' trade menu really don't need to reproduce those stats anymore. What is needed instead in that space is their contract info, years and dollars on their current contract, since this is pretty much the most important factor in evaluating a possible trade. Or add it to the box you see when you hover over their names. I'd rather not have to click on every name on the list to see how expensive each player is.
Len1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 04:47 PM   #236
Len1950
Minors (Single A)

A year's worth of suggestions, posted individually.

Idea #2: I'd like there to be more info on coaches in the 'Available Personnel' list. Such as, does he like to work with older or younger players? Is he partial to working in certain regions of the country? Is he interested in being promoted to higher leagues or does he want to stay where he is? You can get much of that info by reading their profiles, but I don't like to spend too much time digging into bios when I have a dozen coaches to hire and an entire organization to retool.
Old 01-03-2016, 04:48 PM   #237
Len1950
Minors (Single A)

My year's worth of suggestions:

Idea #3: I would like to have a way to mass-freeze players at their current minor league level instead of going into player strategy for each player and setting it one at a time. Because I handle promotion of my top prospects myself and let the AI handle the scrubs, I'd like to do this from the roster menus for each minor league team, everyone above a certain potential of my choice being frozen, everyone below a certain potential being unfrozen.
Old 01-03-2016, 04:50 PM   #238
Len1950
Minors (Single A)

Idea #4: Negotiating with free agents who want more money, I'd like to be able to meet their demands all on one screen, instead of going into each one's 'Offer Contract' screen separately. Have the offers screen give the current offer, the new player demand, and a block for meeting the demand right there. If I want to make a counter offer then, sure, I'll go into that player's 'Offer Contract' screen. Usually, though, I just meet their demand or give up on them.
Old 01-03-2016, 04:52 PM   #239
Len1950
Minors (Single A)

Idea #5: I have always wanted to see my scout's ratings and the OSA ratings simultaneously, instead of having to toggle them. (I'm talking about overall and potential only, not all the more detailed ratings.) It doesn't matter lately, since these have always been the same in recent games I've played. Which is another thing I'd like to see fixed, if that's possible.
Old 01-03-2016, 04:55 PM   #240
Len1950
Minors (Single A)

The last of my year's worth of suggestions:

Idea #6: I would like it to be easier to choose which league the player's ratings are relative to, instead of having to go into an individual player's screen and then repeat the process when I want to undo it.

As numerous as my quibbles are, this is a great game, and these issues are all minor inconveniences.