Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 06-09-2018, 10:32 AM   #1
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

World of Baseball 19 Quickstart

I've finally had a chance to focus on my World of Baseball project and have released the first version below.

This quickstart includes the v53 MLB and all leagues except for Italy, Netherlands, and Cuba (though you can add those yourself).

It also includes my World of College Baseball with full NCAA D1 and all North American and Japanese indie leagues.

A couple of tips:

1. Retire / delete players with a potential below 21 (using MLB as base for ratings) every Jan. 1 to help keep the world efficient.
2. Every June 1 before the MLB draft, manually adjust all 4-year college leagues so that the age limits are temporarily 18-21 instead of 18-22; this will allow the 21 year juniors / red shirt sophomores to get drafted like in real life. You can also try manually adjusting the JUCO leagues so their age limits are temporarily 0 / 0 so that like in real-life, all JUCO players are eligible for the draft. After the MLB draft, go back and revert the age limits so they're 18-22 for 4-year leagues and 18-20 for 2-year leagues. This manual work is necessary because the game doesn't allow the same options for independent feeder leagues as native feeder leagues (added directly to the league via Add HS Feeder League option in the menu). If you forget to revert the age limit changes, you'll get the AI cutting all 22 year olds in the 4-year leagues and the JUCOs signing players of all ages.....

Below are screen shots displaying the leagues featured:
Name:  1.PNG
Views: 1592
Size:  68.2 KB

Name:  2.PNG
Views: 1626
Size:  47.7 KB

World of Baseball 19 v1.0 (900MB)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/puzqzp...9_1.0.zip/file

Last edited by Dr. P.R. Park III; 06-17-2018 at 08:45 AM.
Dr. P.R. Park III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 04:25 PM   #2
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Does this clear out the possibilities of duplicate players (NCAA/HS in the draft) ?
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 04:29 PM   #3
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Whoa, no Australia?
Old 06-18-2018, 05:25 PM   #4
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Nutt,
I'm all about modular user choices, so if the user wants to add Australia, they can like Italy and the Netherlands using the menu. The Australian Winter League is useful for the *** but it's difficult to implement because I like to use "tournaments" for my winter leagues.

Also, regarding duplicate players: not really sure I understand but there shouldn't be any duplicate players. I left the default draft classes in tact, the indie college leagues just exist in conjunction.
Old 06-18-2018, 06:11 PM   #5
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. P.R. Park III View Post
Nutt,
I'm all about modular user choices, so if the user wants to add Australia, they can like Italy and the Netherlands using the menu. The Australian Winter League is useful for the *** but it's difficult to implement because I like to use "tournaments" for my winter leagues.

Also, regarding duplicate players: not really sure I understand but there shouldn't be any duplicate players. I left the default draft classes in tact, the indie college leagues just exist in conjunction.
In regards to the duplicates, I'm referring to if Casey Mize is on Auburn and a cloned version also available to be drafted.
Old 06-19-2018, 04:14 PM   #6
Ramzavail
All Star Reserve

looks awesome, it would be helpful to do a video or an in game step by step of your tips.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 05:41 PM   #7
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Nutt,
There aren't any duplicate players; this is built off the MLB QS so there's 4 years of real draft classes, none of these players are also on their respective college / HS teams.

Ramzavail,
Your point is noted and I'll look into possibly making a video, etc.
Old 07-18-2018, 10:36 AM   #8
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Empire and United Shore rosters are actual players and not fictional, correct? Just checking. I've thought about adding them to my world game, just didn't know for sure.

Also, I found the actual Empire League logo for you if you are interested.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:11 AM   #9
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Yeah, both indie leagues feature real players grabbed from a Free Agent draft where only 23-24 year olds were drafted.
Old 07-21-2018, 01:08 AM   #10
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Couple questions:

1) to get the real draft classes first, would I have to unlink the feeder leagues to MLB first?

2) I want to add High Schools to the drafts after I get done with the real classes. How many would you say I'd need to add to get a good mix?
itsmb8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 11:51 AM   #11
Dfost35
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Everytime I try to delete all the free agents with a potential below 21 it deletes all FAs. Is there a better way to do this? Also, could I possibly play this as a stats only league with ai eval settings at 0/67/22/11 ?

Last edited by Dfost35; 07-24-2018 at 11:57 AM.
Dfost35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 02:59 PM   #12
Cod
All Star Reserve

Thanks for all the hard work and effort Dr. P.R. Park III. I'm planning to give this QS a shot later this week. Thanks again.
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 12:28 AM   #13
itsmb8
All Star Starter

What would happen if I had High School feed into MLB instead of College?
itsmb8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 05:20 AM   #14
arca
Minors (Rookie Ball)

What a work ! Just want to thank you
arca is offline   Reply With Quote