Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 07-24-2015, 07:12 PM   #1421
Scoman
All Star Starter

When playing fictional leagues with financials off,free agents left over from Amateur draft that don't get drafted,disappear.........

Had this problem before today's patch and it still exists. Thanks

Last edited by Scoman; 07-24-2015 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Submitted a ticket
Scoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 07:54 PM   #1422
mograth
Bat Boy

A game was halted because of rain with the game to be continued at a later date. When I got to the date that the game was to be resumed, the game crashes when i hit resume game. So I tried to just sim the date and a pop up box comes up and says no hitter and game crashes.

I'm going to guess I traded a player or optioned one to minor league that was playing in the halted game and he is no longer with my team. This is just a guess.
mograth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 01:05 AM   #1423
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

This Patch is a Disaster....

I thought problem may be something went bump with update.

I grab my brand new laptop, windows 8, never been touched by OOTP

Download latest version. Install into default path. Put in my license.

Create a new historical game.

1871 - No History

AAA Minor - ghosts

No automatic expansion

no update financials

Commissioner Mode - GM only - Unemployed - Can't be fired.

Create league

Save league - don't change a thing - just save created league.

Get out of OOTP

Go back into OOTP

Stops responding at 79% Loading Storylines

Basically, this patch has made my favorite game totally unplayable for me....

If you create a new historical league, 1871 and take all defaults, just next screen .... and then save the league and get out of OOTP,
are you able to bring up OOTP and continue New Game ?

I can't on my XP Tower and my Windows 8 Laptop. Both Crash

Last edited by david limbaugh; 07-25-2015 at 03:14 AM.
david limbaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 09:56 PM   #1424
Darviathar
Minors (Single A)

I know its a minor issue (and I didn't have time to look through the entire thread to see if its been previously reported)...

The pitching leaderboard for my dynasty under team history no longer functions properly, and this must have come as a result from a previous patch, because I am in the second season of this current dynasty, and refer to it frequently. Career WAR (was this added recently?) on down in the right side column...none of the information is accurate any longer. Is there a way to fix this by "hand"?
Darviathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:36 PM   #1425
drisco13
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemchild View Post
I've purchased the game today and I'm receiving the following errors when attempting to start a game. I have tried installing and reinstalling a couple of times. I purchased the game off steam/

-templates_engine: load_template_file
cannot open template file boxscores_pages.tlp

-load templates : could not load

-TEXT_ENGINE :my_load_text_file
folder doesn't exist

-load database-ERROR,could not load default database

It then crashes.
Has anybody figured out a way around this problem? I ordered mine off the OOTP site yesterday and have the same problem. Uninstalling and reinstalling definitely doesn't help.

I submitted a ticket, but it doesn't seem to be a priority to them. I bought to game to have something to do this weekend. So far it's been a complete disappointment
drisco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:44 PM   #1426
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by drisco13 View Post
Has anybody figured out a way around this problem? I ordered mine off the OOTP site yesterday and have the same problem. Uninstalling and reinstalling definitely doesn't help.

I submitted a ticket, but it doesn't seem to be a priority to them. I bought to game to have something to do this weekend. So far it's been a complete disappointment
Windows or Apple?

Default folder install or did you pick an alternate one?

This sounds like a disk access problem - a folder doesn't exist or don't have the privilege to write to it.
Old 07-25-2015, 11:48 PM   #1427
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Quote:

I install to my 2 terrabyte internal data drive (k (I have a lot of drives)

k:\ootp16\data\templates

in that folder I see boxscores_page.tpl and boxscores_recap.tpl

Do You?
Old 07-26-2015, 12:22 AM   #1428
drisco13
Bat Boy

Thanks David. I'm using the Mac version and put it directly on my hard drive. I've been looking for a template folder and can't seem to locate one. I only have a Fonts folder and a Skins folder inside my data folder. I'm using the default settings. I also have OOTP 11 and 13 on the hard drive. Hopefully they aren't interfering somehow.

There are some random .tar templates in the default_data folder.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:30 AM   #1429
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Thanks David. I'm using the Mac version and put it directly on my hard drive. I've been looking for a template folder and can't seem to locate one. I only have a Fonts folder and a Skins folder inside my data folder. I'm using the default settings. I also have OOTP 11 and 13 on the hard drive. Hopefully they aren't interfering somehow.

There are some random .tar templates in the default_data folder.
Sorry - but I don't do Apple

I would not think other versions would be an issue? Obvious thing to ask (in customer support, I learned never overlook the extremely obvious - LOL!) is that you have plenty of free disk space. I know you know to look at that but have to go through that motion...

When you ran the setup, no error message or anything???

Hopefully someone here is an apple user and we can figure this out - perhaps start a thread in general discussion asking for help with install on a MAC with the error message you are getting???
Old 07-26-2015, 12:40 AM   #1430
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Not sure if this is a bug, but it's definitely odd. Please check this out.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...uickstart.html
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 01:30 PM   #1431
drisco13
Bat Boy

Thanks for trying to help David. Customer service seems a bit slow, so I unlicensed, deleted and asked for my money back on my ticket. I noticed after a forum search that a few others have had the same problem, but no solution was ever suggested.

If I decide to play anymore, I will just play an older version that has all the bugs worked out.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:01 PM   #1432
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

The DSL Boston/Seattle issue has been mentioned several times, it should be fixed for tomorrow's patch (if it hasn't been fixed already) but it may slip through the cracks again.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 02:23 PM   #1433
Abyss
Minors (Rookie Ball)

For my batters (but not pitchers) a players current/potential star rating retroactively becomes the star rating of all past scouting reports even though the individual ratings are all the same.
Abyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 03:44 PM   #1434
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Thanks for trying to help David. Customer service seems a bit slow, so I unlicensed, deleted and asked for my money back on my ticket. I noticed after a forum search that a few others have had the same problem, but no solution was ever suggested.

If I decide to play anymore, I will just play an older version that has all the bugs worked out.
Sorry to hear this... New version is awesome.... Maybe purchase again when deep discounted and try again???
Old 07-26-2015, 05:37 PM   #1435
Seba18
Bat Boy

Hello, everyone. First post here. Recently bought OOTP16 and I've had lots of fun playing around. So far, I've noticed two things that I'd recommend fixing to make the game more realistic.

First season in: Anthony Rendon is second in the All Star voting at 3B having played a total of 0 games. While I am in no way trying to have my players compete for the All Star it is quite unrealistic to him finishing third overall in All Star voting without playing a single game.

A few weeks later, one of my role players suffers an injury that sidelines him for nine months. The injury is... a concussion.

Making injuries more realistic/making the time missed more realistic should overall improve the game. And well, the first "bug" does not really bother me, but just thought I'd say it here.
Seba18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 06:28 PM   #1436
IsaacR
Major Leagues

Force start doesn't work with minor league batters, the AI completely ignores it.
IsaacR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 11:04 PM   #1437
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seba18 View Post
Hello, everyone. First post here. Recently bought OOTP16 and I've had lots of fun playing around. So far, I've noticed two things that I'd recommend fixing to make the game more realistic.

First season in: Anthony Rendon is second in the All Star voting at 3B having played a total of 0 games. While I am in no way trying to have my players compete for the All Star it is quite unrealistic to him finishing third overall in All Star voting without playing a single game.

A few weeks later, one of my role players suffers an injury that sidelines him for nine months. The injury is... a concussion.

Making injuries more realistic/making the time missed more realistic should overall improve the game. And well, the first "bug" does not really bother me, but just thought I'd say it here.
1. Injured players are eligible for the ASG vote in real life, this isn't a bug.
2. Is it possible that the injury was a mislabeled post-concussion syndrome?
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 11:53 PM   #1438
IsaacR
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
1. Injured players are eligible for the ASG vote in real life, this isn't a bug.
IRL players that haven't played a game generally are not on the ballot. For example, this year, Matt Wieters was not on the ballot, Caleb Joseph was.
IsaacR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 06:48 AM   #1439
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Can't test this out right now since I'm heading to work, but can anyone else reproduce this? This would be a pretty big issue if true.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...e-new-bug.html
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 01:40 PM   #1440
mm7607
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Can't test this out right now since I'm heading to work, but can anyone else reproduce this? This would be a pretty big issue if true.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...e-new-bug.html
Also to go along with this same league, I'm running in commish mode controlling all teams. I'm not getting notified when a player is eligible to come off the DL. I tried it with 3 separate leagues and got no notifications.This is with the newest patch.
mm7607 is offline   Reply With Quote