Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2015, 03:51 PM   #1
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

Trade Deadline

Not really about FHM but man was that trade deadline this year one of the worst in a while... So boring with all the big deals getting done way before... although I guess it did make me think maybe in FHM2 we could have an hour by hour breakdown on the deadline day. where we get reactions from proposed trades on the same day, so we can work around things and iron out trades and stuff... think that would be really cool. Or make it an option if someone just wants to do the day how it is now.
deanwells1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:52 PM   #2
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

Really? I thought this one was one of the best. Day of wasn't too special, but yesterday was pretty good. You jealous that the real life Arizona Coyotes are gonna put your dynasty to shame?
Old 03-02-2015, 06:51 PM   #3
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanSobie View Post
Really? I thought this one was one of the best. Day of wasn't too special, but yesterday was pretty good. You jealous that the real life Arizona Coyotes are gonna put your dynasty to shame?
Thats the thing, today was pretty uneventful beside maybe the philly/tampa trade ! And meh they just shipped out a massive majority of their talent for a bunch of late ish picks... basically what I am in the process of doing right now behind the scenes of the Dynasty... if only you knew! Connor McDavid is mine this year!
Old 03-02-2015, 10:06 PM   #4
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Expectations of Canadians for the Trade Deadline are far different than our neighbors to the south.

Hype changes expectations. Canadian sport stations dedicate the entire day to a 9+ hour live broadcast. As a result they hype it for months because they need the viewers. Like you said, alot of trades happened earlier. Teams are looking for an advantage with their playoff push, and at the other end, teams looking to bottom out for the lottery, so the earlier the trade the better for them.

With the cap now, it's far more likely for us to see huge deals at the draft / offseason vs. the trade deadline. I think we will soon see the day long live coverage get cut down to 3 hours...just don't know when that will be yet. Even Nick Kypreos runs out of stuff to talk about!

Last edited by dave1927p; 03-02-2015 at 10:09 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:14 AM   #5
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
Expectations of Canadians for the Trade Deadline are far different than our neighbors to the south.

Hype changes expectations. Canadian sport stations dedicate the entire day to a 9+ hour live broadcast. As a result they hype it for months because they need the viewers. Like you said, alot of trades happened earlier. Teams are looking for an advantage with their playoff push, and at the other end, teams looking to bottom out for the lottery, so the earlier the trade the better for them.

With the cap now, it's far more likely for us to see huge deals at the draft / offseason vs. the trade deadline. I think we will soon see the day long live coverage get cut down to 3 hours...just don't know when that will be yet. Even Nick Kypreos runs out of stuff to talk about!
haha ya thats true ,definitely watched some of the deadline coverage. loved the sideman trick out but i just wanted to see the big dumps by toronto, a huge trade like LA did last year... inno just not all that happy about this year
Old 03-03-2015, 06:53 PM   #6
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
Oh to live in a world where hockey reigns supreme, I can only wish. However I did have my fun at the NHL draft this year.