Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2015, 02:19 AM   #1
Hadehariast
Minors (Single A)

What players do you love/hate thanks to FHM?

I'm curious to know if other people have come to love/hate certain players based on their experiences with them in FHM. I know that over a few seasons, there have been certain players whom I've come to like quite a bit, even if they're not exactly superstars. I know there are also a couple I dislike in FHM, based on performance-- either for me or against me!

I like...

Oscar Klefbom - He's always a guy I like to acquire. He's very sound defensively, and always makes a great complimentary piece for my offensive-minded defensemen. He just always seems to perform well for me. I'm happy to see him performing relatively well in real life on the dreadful Oilers!

and I dislike...

Jonathan Bernier - Since I always play the Maple Leafs, he's my starting goalie. He has underperformed in every save I've made thus far, and in my current save, has put up an impressive .890 Sv%. He's been outperformed by James Reimer, Drew MacIntyre (an impressive 2.33 GAA and .923 Sv% in 12 games as an injury fill-in), and Chris Gibson (5.0 CA, 2.27 GAA and .921 Sv% in 3 games as an injury fill-in).

So I'm curious-- what FHM players do you love to have on your team? What FHM players do you hate?
Hadehariast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:36 AM   #2
Tangerino
Minors (Double A)

Love - Nail Yakupov, guy seems to always get traded out of Edmonton either first season or second season and always pumps 40-50 goal seasons in which ever team he plays for.

Dislike - Taylor Hall, he always plays soooo bad compared to Eberle or Nugent Hopkins, he will pop one 80 pointer then only put in 60 pointers while eberle and nuge are going 70-80. Even on other teams, I played him on a Coyotes team I had once with McDavid centering and hall still only got 60 while a 7.5 zuccarello got 70+...
Tangerino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:56 AM   #3
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Good topic

I usually seem to have problems with my starting goalie (even the likes of Rask for example). Often the backup puts up better numbers. Maybe it's just that I have a high demands but I'm often disappointed with my starter.

As for D-men I quite like Marc-Édouard Vlasic and Ryan McDonagh for example. Torey Krug on the other hand seems to underperform sometimes.

And forwards? Yakupov is often available but he sometimes has a great season and sometimes he's quite bad. Jagr can be pricey sometimes but he tends to perform well if he's given icetime (especially considering his age).
Old 02-10-2015, 07:14 PM   #4
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerino View Post
Love - Nail Yakupov, guy seems to always get traded out of Edmonton either first season or second season and always pumps 40-50 goal seasons in which ever team he plays for.

Dislike - Taylor Hall, he always plays soooo bad compared to Eberle or Nugent Hopkins, he will pop one 80 pointer then only put in 60 pointers while eberle and nuge are going 70-80. Even on other teams, I played him on a Coyotes team I had once with McDavid centering and hall still only got 60 while a 7.5 zuccarello got 70+...
Yes I'm with you on Yakupov. He's fairly easy to pry out of Edmonton and he turns into a very good player.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:15 PM   #5
johan25
Minors (Single A)

A couple prospects I've had turn out really well are Aleksi Saarela and Brett Ritchie.

Saarela- I have tried to draft him in every sim, in my longest running save he was a 50 goal scorer twice and always managed to put up at least 30.

Ritchie- Only had him in one save but he played in the minors for the first half of the season and was well over a point per game. Brought him up and he picked up around 20 points in 35 games. Next season he finished second in the league in scoring with 96 points.
johan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 03:01 PM   #6
Anton
Minors (Double A)

I turned Yanni Gourde (6.0-6.5) into a 60-point player for 4 seasons on underdog playoff teams, including a Cup winner. I think his Centers were O'Reilly, Faksa and a very old Ribeiro. In spite of that success though, he seemed to bomb in the playoffs most of the time.
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 02:45 PM   #7
lorreporre
Minors (Double A)

One player that is annoying when playing the Canadians, is Lars Eller. Not only he is not producing as a 3rd line center (as iIRL lol), but if you decide to resign him he will ask for 3.7 millions a year minimum, which is way over what i would give him. I often end up trading him.