Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2014, 12:55 PM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

FHM Now Available on Steam!

FHM is now available on Steam, just in time for the finals, at an introductory price of $19.99!

Save 50% on Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 on Steam

If you've already purchased FHM, there's no need to re-purchase it on Steam. To get your Steam key, visit http://ootpsupport.com/steamkey/steamkey.php and enter your order ID and email.

We haven't enabled any of the advanced features Steam offers yet, but we do plan on doing some experimenting with them, likely starting with trading cards; we'll keep you posted when we add something new.

Edit: forgot to mention that the price is reduced to US$19.99 on our store as well.

Last edited by JeffR; 05-30-2014 at 01:36 PM.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:02 PM   #2
TheAdamBn
Minors (Triple A)

Do you have any plans for workshop support
TheAdamBn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:15 PM   #3
Telos
Bat Boy

Fantastic. Got my Steam key and downloaded everything uneventfully. Congratulations on making it to Steam and thanks for honoring previous purchases with a key. Steam is the perfect platform for this game.
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:35 PM   #4
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Of course it's not the devs' fault, but how in the world $19.99 translates into €18.49 is a mistery to me.
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:40 PM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAdamBn View Post
Do you have any plans for workshop support
Nothing definite at the moment; it's a bit problematic because one of the most popular user mods would inevitably be official team logos, and Steam does not allow copyrighted material on the Workshop. But we'll see how we can work with that restriction in mind; it'll be one of the topics of discussion when we're all together for our annual meeting next month.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:42 PM   #6
kexet
Minors (Rookie Ball)

What if I cant find my eSellerate order ID?

EDIT
I have my key but not the eSellerate ID if that helps?

Last edited by kexet; 05-30-2014 at 02:36 PM.
kexet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:48 PM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
Of course it's not the devs' fault, but how in the world $19.99 translates into €18.49 is a mistery to me.
Steam regional pricing - the prices aren't a direct conversion, but rather what Steam recommends we use based on the US price.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:23 PM   #8
TheAngryNachos
Minors (Rookie Ball)

No record found?

Sorry nevermind it worked thanks!

Last edited by TheAngryNachos; 05-30-2014 at 02:27 PM.
TheAngryNachos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:05 PM   #9
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Steam regional pricing - the prices aren't a direct conversion, but rather what Steam recommends we use based on the US price.
Yes, of course, I know it's like that. And I hope that you didn't think that I was aiming at you or OOTP devs. Just that this kind of companies (like Apple) always get a lot of advantage on the currency exchange even now that they should not, and this is very annoying (at least to me)
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:52 PM   #10
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

And I thought it was really about making the best products in the world at those firms haha

Btw, if you're a software spotter you can save big time.

OOTP 15 - Mac App Store

OOTP 15 - Steam website

Lets hope FHM will also be added to the Mac App Store at some point.

===

Maybe you guys can add a FAQ at the top,

Like, if you bought this game from eSellerate and now you ask for a Steam-key through the link you guys provided, will the game still work without Steam and straight from eSellerate or does that connection stop working?
Old 05-30-2014, 08:20 PM   #11
Pax25
Minors (Single A)

?s

Is order # same as order ID? That's what my email receipt says.

Also, if I activate the game on Steam, what will happen to my custom logos and save games? Will a copy of the game be downloaded OVER my old version, or will I essentially have two copies of the game on my system now, and then I transfer any files? Or does the Steam key just allow me to open my current version of the game through Steam? Thanks.

Sorry, never done something like this before.
Pax25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:43 PM   #12
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pax25 View Post
Is order # same as order ID? That's what my email receipt says.

Also, if I activate the game on Steam, what will happen to my custom logos and save games? Will a copy of the game be downloaded OVER my old version, or will I essentially have two copies of the game on my system now, and then I transfer any files? Or does the Steam key just allow me to open my current version of the game through Steam? Thanks.

Sorry, never done something like this before.
Yeah, that's the right number - if you ordered from eSellerate, it'll start with ST.

The Steam and regular versions both use the same directory for saves and other data (pictures, database, etc.) - the Steam installation won't overwrite custom files that are already there, though. So you don't need to transfer anything, you can just open saves or start new games like you normally would. The rest of the installation is separate, though - you'll have a Steam version in addition to the original one. You can go back and forth between the two without any problems (well, I wouldn't try running the same save at the same time on two separate installations, but other than that you can use either.)
Old 05-31-2014, 09:22 AM   #13
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

Hello,

Just to be clear, if someone were to purchase the hockey game today from the OOTP store, they also will have the option to get a free steam key as well? Or is the free steam key only available to customers who previously bought the game through the OOTP store?

Thanks!
SlyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:42 AM   #14
Corsairs
Hall Of Famer

How de we find our eSellrate order ID#? I have long since deleted the email receipt from my inbox.
Corsairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 01:27 PM   #15
jrocx39
Bat Boy

For those who are wondering, go to this website

https://store6.esellerate.net/store/...t/Default.aspx

put in the email adress you used when purchasing FHM and they will provide you with the number you need via email to get your steam key.
jrocx39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 01:49 PM   #16
Bojangles
Bat Boy

Quote:
Nothing definite at the moment; it's a bit problematic because one of the most popular user mods would inevitably be official team logos, and Steam does not allow copyrighted material on the Workshop. But we'll see how we can work with that restriction in mind; it'll be one of the topics of discussion when we're all together for our annual meeting next month.
Funny you should say that. I just bought Scribblenauts Unmasked for my son and the workshop is absolutely rammed with all manner of Marvel superheroes.
Bojangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 02:33 PM   #17
Aliean
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
it doesn't work that way.user created content cant be copyrighted from what i know.or football manager would be taken off a long time ago.they upload everything from copyrighted league logos and team logos and so on so i doubt that steam can do anything about user created content or even care
Old 05-31-2014, 03:28 PM   #18
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliean View Post
it doesn't work that way.user created content cant be copyrighted from what i know.
That's incorrect.

Logos are usually registered trademarks. If they're not, they're protected by copyright in any event (anything that is created by a person, if it is original, is automatically protected by copyright in many countries; e.g. USA, Western Europe, etc). Strictly speaking, you can't just use logos, etc.

Last edited by archibalduk; 05-31-2014 at 03:32 PM.
archibalduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:07 PM   #19
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle View Post
Hello,

Just to be clear, if someone were to purchase the hockey game today from the OOTP store, they also will have the option to get a free steam key as well? Or is the free steam key only available to customers who previously bought the game through the OOTP store?

Thanks!
Just the previous purchasers - the automatic database that issues the keys isn't updated with new orders. The Steam keys are intended as a thank-you to the people who've supported us in the last year.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:13 PM   #20
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojangles View Post
Funny you should say that. I just bought Scribblenauts Unmasked for my son and the workshop is absolutely rammed with all manner of Marvel superheroes.
Yeah, I know there's a lot of existing workshop content that breaks the rule. But Valve is pretty explicit about it in their Workshop documentation, so they could (and probably will have to, eventually) crack down. And from our perspective, it's best not to poke the bear - an official FHM site loaded with copyrighted content invites the attention of the copyright holders.