Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 04-16-2014, 03:50 PM   #61
Sebmono
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordrehl View Post
You mean this one : http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...te-thread.html

Lets see ... Sebastien has a bunch of recent posts regarding iOOTP
Yeah that's the one, last post March 13 in a thread that was supposed to "give you 4-5 updates a week." What do I care about Sebastian posting about iOOTP? I don't own it, nor do I plan on owning it, I own FHM and would like some commitments to be kept on that $40 incomplete product that's been out for less than a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordrehl View Post
JeffR replied to a post in the FHM forums 12 hours ago about "future versions of FHM"
Also not interested in future versions, updates on current game and progress in working on it is what we are looking for. Can we please get some more word on what's happening?
Sebmono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:41 PM   #62
pucku33
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebmono View Post
updates on current game and progress in working on it is what we are looking for. Can we please get some more word on what's happening?
Don't hold your breath on it. Seb's last update in his thread was in January, coincidentally his first post in that thread was also January. It is what it is though.
pucku33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:37 AM   #63
thepete
Minors (Double A)

Seb/Jeff...appreciate the update in the other thread but isn't any hotfix planned for the budget/offer sheet/RFA-bugs? Are we gonna have to wait until the next big patch? If so, that is...unspeakably bad.

Last edited by thepete; 04-17-2014 at 03:38 AM.
thepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:35 AM   #64
AEWHistory
Minors (Double A)

Have to say some of the comments here are getting farcical. Okay, promising 4-5 updates a week wasn't wise, I get that. But I wouldn't even want to hold Seb to that promise... it is a waste of time. One update a week--maybe two--is more than sufficient to let us know what is going on. And then there is the complaint that his last post was in January. Okay, technically true except that JeffR continued to post information that was obviously from Seb for a couple months after that. To me that feels like being intentionally obtuse in order to complain. That doesn't help....

So you paid $40 and aren't happy. I can see that and I am sure others can as well. I think the game needs work as well and too much was promised too soon. However, at the rate the complainers are going I think they will spread enough negativity about this game that it may impact sales and even whither and die. Then what will you have accomplished? Will your $40 be better spent then? Will you go back to playing an increasingly elderly EHM? Face it folks: FHM is the best thing in hockey managing in over half a decade. I want the game to be tip-top as well, but in today's market bugs, half finished features, and similar issues are common even with companies with MUCH larger resource pools to devote to resolving said issues. I'm grateful that OOTP, Seb, Jeff, and other peeps bhind the scenes are continuing to work on one of my favorite games and I'd like to be helpful and constructively critical. I would hope certain other people would want the same if only to get the full value of their small investment....

Sorry for the rant but I had to get that off my chest.

Last edited by AEWHistory; 04-17-2014 at 05:39 AM.
AEWHistory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:48 AM   #65
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEWHistory View Post

So you paid $40 and aren't happy. I can see that and I am sure others can as well. I think the game needs work as well and too much was promised too soon. However, at the rate the complainers are going I think they will spread enough negativity about this game that it may impact sales and even whither and die.
I think the poor state it was in at launch, the slow update cycle and the intermittent communication has accomplished that quite well on it's own
Mordrehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:38 AM   #66
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEWHistory View Post
Have to say some of the comments here are getting farcical. Okay, promising 4-5 updates a week wasn't wise, I get that. But I wouldn't even want to hold Seb to that promise... it is a waste of time. One update a week--maybe two--is more than sufficient to let us know what is going on. And then there is the complaint that his last post was in January. Okay, technically true except that JeffR continued to post information that was obviously from Seb for a couple months after that. To me that feels like being intentionally obtuse in order to complain. That doesn't help....

So you paid $40 and aren't happy. I can see that and I am sure others can as well. I think the game needs work as well and too much was promised too soon. However, at the rate the complainers are going I think they will spread enough negativity about this game that it may impact sales and even whither and die. Then what will you have accomplished? Will your $40 be better spent then? Will you go back to playing an increasingly elderly EHM? Face it folks: FHM is the best thing in hockey managing in over half a decade. I want the game to be tip-top as well, but in today's market bugs, half finished features, and similar issues are common even with companies with MUCH larger resource pools to devote to resolving said issues. I'm grateful that OOTP, Seb, Jeff, and other peeps bhind the scenes are continuing to work on one of my favorite games and I'd like to be helpful and constructively critical. I would hope certain other people would want the same if only to get the full value of their small investment....

Sorry for the rant but I had to get that off my chest.

well said...that´s why i don´t even read the ranters anymore. For some ppl the glass is always half empty

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:52 AM   #67
Sebmono
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
at the rate the complainers are going I think they will spread enough negativity about this game that it may impact sales and even whither and die. Then what will you have accomplished?
First things first, it is neither our job nor our responsibility to be cheerleaders for this game. So you can just keep that to yourself.

Quote:
Sorry for the rant
Quote:
i don´t even read the ranters anymore
Secondly, did you actually read any of the posts I made? Because it looks like YOU two took this as an opportunity to be a ranter, not anyone else.

So stop all your reactionary defensiveness before this turns into another flame exchange over the game and try to restrict your responses to being directly relevant to questions asked in the thread.

My one and only question is when can we get an update on the promised next big patch? That's it, period. That's all I'm looking for, is a slight bit of communication over the status of the future patch. If you look over at the OOTP Baseball forums, Markus is all over the place and highly communicative. I don't see any reason why we shouldn't get the same treatment over here, especially since we were given the expectations from Seb/JeffR that we would have such updates.

Therefore I would just like an answer to my one question, when we will get an update on how patch is going, both the major one and any potential intermediate hotfix to address current issues? And if we will not get an update, then at least tell us that, tell us that you are in lock-down mode or whatever. Tell us something.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:00 AM   #68
dmytron

Quote:
Therefore I would just like an answer to my one question, when we will get an update on how patch is going, both the major one and any potential intermediate hotfix to address current issues? And if we will not get an update, then at least tell us that, tell us that you are in lock-down mode or whatever. Tell us something.
Seb(astian) is free now from iOOTP, so I guess he will more actively write in his update thread. So I guess you will have the answer sooner.

BTW, when it's better for them to release the patch: sooner or later?
Old 04-17-2014, 09:02 AM   #69
Sebmono
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmytron View Post
Seb(astian) is free now from iOOTP, so I guess he will more actively write in his update thread. So I guess you will have the answer sooner.

BTW, when it's better for them to release the patch: sooner or later?
I hope you are right!

Regarding the patch, I go with the classic "when it's ready" is the best time to release it. Best approach is to be thorough even if it takes time IMO.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:26 AM   #70
jh95
All Star Starter

Quote:
Yeah that's the one, last post March 13 in a thread that was supposed to "give you 4-5 updates a week." What do I care about Sebastian posting about iOOTP? I don't own it, nor do I plan on owning it, I own FHM and would like some commitments to be kept on that $40 incomplete product that's been out for less than a year.

Also not interested in future versions, updates on current game and progress in working on it is what we are looking for. Can we please get some more word on what's happening?
FYI: Sebastian posted today in the "Update Thread"...
jh95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:32 AM   #71
Sebmono
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh95 View Post
FYI: Sebastian posted today in the "Update Thread"...
Phew, thank goodness! Thanks for the heads up
Old 04-20-2014, 09:44 AM   #72
Irr11
Minors (Double A)

First of all thanks for the update, it's much better than what I played before (which was 1.2 or actually even 1.0 or whatever).

Now I have two questions about things I noticed immediately:

1.Can i change team names in the commish mode? I just can't find it but I know that it was possible before. Did you remove that option?? For instance, I want the Coyotes to be called Phoenix, not Arizona.
2.Why can't I sign unsigned draftees playing in Europe? Do I have to wait until their contracts expire?
Also, what's the signing deadline for those players? I didn't use to be there before. What happens if I let it expire?

Thanks

Last edited by Irr11; 04-20-2014 at 09:48 AM.
Irr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:54 AM   #73
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

1. I guess you can't to avoid crashes.
2. It depends on the league they play in. For some leagues you need to wait the offseason (Finland, Sweden, IIRC), while for other leagues you need to wait for the contracts to expire (KHL). It would be awesome, though, to be able to know when you can actually sign players...
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:48 AM   #74
Irr11
Minors (Double A)

Thanks Alessandro.

1.Yes, that makes sense.
2.Yes, the one particular contract I meant is from the KHL, so I guess I'll just wait (or just let that player be, he's not that good)

And what about the signing deadline?
Old 04-20-2014, 01:26 PM   #75
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irr11 View Post
Thanks Alessandro.

1.Yes, that makes sense.
2.Yes, the one particular contract I meant is from the KHL, so I guess I'll just wait (or just let that player be, he's not that good)

And what about the signing deadline?
Signing deadline? I dunno what happens if you pass it. That page should be more informative
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:20 PM   #76
Irr11
Minors (Double A)

Where can I set to not receive all those annoying scouting reports??? I didn't use to be like that before the update, now I have every week like 15 scouting messages in my inbox that I don't care about and I have no idea how to stop it. The subscription-settings under "manager settings" are not the solution.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:05 PM   #77
asilvermtzion
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irr11 View Post
Where can I set to not receive all those annoying scouting reports??? I didn't use to be like that before the update, now I have every week like 15 scouting messages in my inbox that I don't care about and I have no idea how to stop it. The subscription-settings under "manager settings" are not the solution.
its in the scouting screen. go to the individual scout and change the frequency of the reports.
asilvermtzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:05 AM   #78
Irr11
Minors (Double A)

Thanks

Last edited by Irr11; 04-21-2014 at 08:08 AM.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:16 PM   #79
Penfold75
Major Leagues

I don't see it as much as ranting or thinking my glass is only half full. The game has improved since the very early versions and I can play the game longer now than ever before. Where I feel the game is let down is that some fundamental issues in Hockey Management that have been reported all along are not really that much improved e.g. Trading, Signing FA/RFA players, signing prospects etc.....

The response to raising this is that we should post saved games but these are not bugs as such but deficiencies in how the game works and happen every time you play. These don't cause the game to crash (that is where I would understand the need for a saved game) but are detrimental to the game experience.

I am looking forward to the next patch and the improved game engine and display. However I could have waited for that in the next version (FHM2015) and settled for the issues I mentioned being fixed.

I still think the game will be great and will continue to support it and hope for the day I can resign my star player who is a restricted free agent :-)
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:43 PM   #80
thepete
Minors (Double A)

10+ days since the broken budget was reported...and not a word.
thepete is offline   Reply With Quote