Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2014, 11:26 AM   #1
rocksbury
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Stuck in the Middle.

So I am very happy having a patch that addressed some of the trade issues, Contract issues and general stability of the game but as he title says I am stuck in the middle not enjoying the game but not becoming frustrated with it.

Some minor things as a Leaf fan bug me to hell like Mason Raymond asking 4 Million when he signed for 1 Mil and no one even looked at signing him other then us, Bolland refusing to sign even though hes the best Centre the team has and money wouldn't be an issue and very opinionated things like Kessel being rated an 8.0 when in reality he is a top goal scorer year after year.
These issues are very minor and I didnt expect the recent patch to fix these things.

Having players sign realistic contracts really helped with multiple season sims, Firing coaches is a great concept but In order to really get the system right you NEED to implement a rebuilding, middle of the pack, Contender option for the teams so that Calgary doesn't fire the coach 10 games in. Hell Pittsburgh fired the coach when Malkin and Crosby got injured for 2 and 4 weeks only ending up with a 15-18-2 record.

The value of players in trades still needs to be tweaked I hate sending 7th, 6th and 5th picks paired with an equally valuable player just to change up the roster a bit and acquire guys with longer contracts.

I am very happy with the current state of the game and think the progression is very slow but there and shows no sign of slowing. Another big patch could really improve the game and hopefully is released near the end of the playoffs.

All in all I think the main thing is speed. Lets pump out season after season, test signing and changing rosters, Adding custom players, adding foreign player, tweaking the development changes and find all the bugs so we can clear them up. Right now a single season takes WAY to long to simulate and hell Im running a GTX 770 paired with 16Gb ram and a 6300 processor. This game should be flying through seasons. OOtp 14 with every game stopping update disabled takes a few minutes to sim. Finding crashes and bugs is really easy when you can edit and test things at a greater speed.

Thank you OOTP developers I was hoping for a good hockey sim for a long time, This is not a disappointment and anyone who thinks the game is bad or this patch has decreased the level of entertainment is ignorant to the size of the staff and age of this game.
rocksbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:34 AM   #2
jonnycosmic
Minors (Single A)

I personally think that simming a season is a good length of time. I don't want to finish a full season in 20/30 minutes. That's not really fun. It takes a good 8 hours to get through a full season on Football Manager.

I agree completely on the contract issue. I am also having the same problem re-signing Raymond. I understand that he wants an increase on the previous years contract, but 4x the original salary is unrealistic.

* Note - I have managed to sign Bolland to a long-term contract, but it took SOME negotiating on my behalf.
jonnycosmic is offline   Reply With Quote