Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 10:17 AM   #1
Risk2014
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Thumbs down New Patch is even worse!

Instead fixing the bugs and crashes the develops once again concentrated on add other stuff and taking out the most important stuff. I have had three crashes already and now I cannot create my own player at the beg of the season. This is bull. Not playing this game! Going to Nhl 14 and OOTP.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:31 AM   #2
jonnycosmic
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risk2014 View Post
Instead fixing the bugs and crashes the develops once again concentrated on add other stuff and taking out the most important stuff. I have had three crashes already and now I cannot create my own player at the beg of the season. This is bull. Not playing this game! Going to Nhl 14 and OOTP.
Wow, you must really hate this patch if you think that EA's mess of a game is a viable alternative...
Old 03-15-2014, 10:44 AM   #3
PromisedPain
Minors (Double A)

There must be something wrong with your system since I'm not having crashes at all.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:18 AM   #4
jonnycosmic
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromisedPain View Post
There must be something wrong with your system since I'm not having crashes at all.
I understand the issue is to do with commissioner mode and editing data. The development team did state that they are having a few difficulties with crashes if using edited data. I imagine they will work on this for future patches, as it is a major part of the game. Especially if they are going to implement online leagues at a later date.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:52 AM   #5
PromisedPain
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnycosmic View Post
I understand the issue is to do with commissioner mode and editing data. The development team did state that they are having a few difficulties with crashes if using edited data. I imagine they will work on this for future patches, as it is a major part of the game. Especially if they are going to implement online leagues at a later date.
Might be, I haven't edited anything.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:04 PM   #6
dsthom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnycosmic View Post
Wow, you must really hate this patch if you think that EA's mess of a game is a viable alternative...
NHL13 is far, far better than this hot mess of a game -- even just using it as a text sim. I've bought OOTP 7 times, iOOTP twice, and now FHM. Right now, I seriously doubt I will ever buy another game from OOTP Developments. Absolutely certain I will not buy another game coded by the same lead programmer.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:16 PM   #7
Hanson Bros
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risk2014 View Post
good specific list of things that are wrong with it ... glad to know "stuff" was taken out

UTBA3
Old 03-15-2014, 12:16 PM   #8
chimp82x
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsthom View Post
NHL13 is far, far better than this hot mess of a game -- even just using it as a text sim.
The NHL 14 programmers rated Connor McDavid 53/100 overall with 4/5 potential. After my first season, guess what he was rated? 56. Guess who won the Stanley Cup in my first season? The Florida Panthers.

Stop trolling. EA's NHL series is absolute garbage as a sim.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:31 PM   #9
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanson Bros View Post
good specific list of things that are wrong with it ... glad to know "stuff" was taken out
He's bent out of shape over not being to edit his players into super-players mid-season and created random FA in the middle of the year. That said, it'd be nice if he'd concentrate it on one thread, rather than almost every thread.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:46 PM   #10
jonnycosmic
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimp82x View Post
The NHL 14 programmers rated Connor McDavid 53/100 overall with 4/5 potential. After my first season, guess what he was rated? 56. Guess who won the Stanley Cup in my first season? The Florida Panthers.

Personally, I think it's just garbage overall.

Now I wasn't around for any of the OOTP games, due to an inability to process and understand baseball as a concept, but I imagine that the earlier editions of OOTP were not the polished series that you see now. I get the argument that you don't want to pay $40 for a game that is in its first season.

I personally love this game and am really positive about the future of the franchise. From what a lot of people have said on these forums about the game, if I was the programmer, I would probably just go hide in the mountains and let the franchise die.

I think that people need to show support to the programmers and let them know that we are fully behind this game. These forums should be for reporting problems, or overall thoughts on the game. What I've seen so far is this turning into EA's forum, where people complain. The only difference being, the programmers actually read these forums.

Keep up the good work.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:57 PM   #11
dsthom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimp82x View Post

Who's trolling. FHM is a mess. I've been playing NHL13 for months, since the last patch that was so extremely disappointing. I doubt MacDavid is 53 OVR in the latest roster (NHL13 gets frequent roster and gameplay updates), and you can edit players to your heart's content before starting a GM franchise. And you know -- it just works -- negotiating contracts, free agency, waivers, sending players to the AHL, managing their playing time there -- all without CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK....CLICK till you get carpal tunnel syndrome.

Oh yeah, guess who won the Stanley Cup my first season. The Blackhawks. Three seasons later McDavid was playing on someone's first line and among the league leaders in scoring.

Different strokes for different strokes. You don't like the game. I do.

You like the mess, on so many levels, that FHM is? I guess Tom Arnold liked Roseanne Barr, too.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:38 PM   #12
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsthom View Post
Different strokes for different strokes. You don't like the game. I do.

You like the mess, on so many levels, that FHM is? I guess Tom Arnold liked Roseanne Barr, too.
I get it - you don't like FHM. All right, you have the right to not like it. Just please be fair.
You expect to be understood for liking the EA NHL? Then don't insult FHM and people who like it.

Do you want to improve FHM? Great! Please share your ideas on what should be done better in a constructive way. Report the bugs to http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...rt-thread.html.
Thank you.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:23 PM   #13
Cards>Cubs
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Quote:
New Patch is even worse!
No. This is not even a remotely accurate statement.

Just stop.

Old 03-16-2014, 05:01 AM   #14
yzerwing
All Star Starter

Also, you can edit to your hearts content, with regards to making players have awesome ratings. Name and attributes can be adjusted anytime you please (in commissioner mode), you just have to wait till July 1st each year to change date of birth, and place of birth, and if you want to play with contract stuff.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:04 PM   #15
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

The problem with people complaining isn't that they're complaining, it's that they don't actually provide any constructive criticism...

How is a developer supposed to know what problems hour having when you don't tell them? And you expect it to get fixed?

I've only played 1.6.2 for a bit, but haven't had any crashing issues and haven't come across any bugs yet either for that matter. Not saying there aren't any, but if you find a bug, report it so the devs can work on it. Rather than throwing a fit and making endless threads of different people complaining about "stuff" and "bugs" and "things"....

As for EA vs FHM... Well EA does have a multimillion dollar company, and even with that, their game is hardly perfect. And the reason there's no clicking in an EA game compared to FHM should be quite obvious...

I find even at this level FHM is a more pure hockey GM simulator than EA's NHL series. Once the kinks are worked out, it will be a much better GM game and at almost half the price.

And don't forget those unlimited roster updates EA *doesn't* do to force customers to buy their next version. Lol. Doesn't EHM have this seasons rosters? XD
Old 03-16-2014, 12:25 PM   #16
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by omjo View Post
The problem with people complaining isn't that they're complaining, it's that they don't actually provide any constructive criticism...

How is a developer supposed to know what problems hour having when you don't tell them? And you expect it to get fixed?
Exactly. Nobody said that you have to be satisfied with the FHM's current state. Every player will probably find at least one feature he misses in the game or one bug/problem that bothers him. That's completely understandable. The important thing is to share your thoughts constructively so the developers can think about your ideas and maybe make the game better for you (some ideas won't be implemented as you can hardly have a game everyone is 100% happy with - there will be always something missing with the resources limited).

Quote:
Originally Posted by omjo View Post
I find even at this level FHM is a more pure hockey GM simulator than EA's NHL series. Once the kinks are worked out, it will be a much better GM game and at almost half the price.
Totally agreed. FHM has immense potential.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:36 PM   #17
thepete
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckon View Post
Totally agreed. FHM has immense potential.
Yep, and so do the Edmonton Oilers. You can only sell potential for so long.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:46 PM   #18
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepete View Post
Yep, and so do the Edmonton Oilers. You can only sell potential for so long.
Sure, but you can only expect so many from the first version of the game.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:52 PM   #19
thepete
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckon View Post
Sure, but you can only expect so many from the first version of the game.
I understand what you mean by first version, but this isn't the first version. By your idea, I suppose the game should've come with a disclaimer saying "not what you expect it to be, nor what we say it will be".

This isn't an opinion shared by the developers (I assume and hope) so I won't go on a rant beyond this: I, like many others, purchased FHM 14. We did not purchase FHM The Series. I will not get FHM 15/16/17 for free, since I bought FHM 14 and not an entire series of games. So please understand if I'm not very forgiving of people saying "well it'll be better in the next version you can't expect that much".
Old 03-16-2014, 01:01 PM   #20
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepete View Post
I understand what you mean by first version, but this isn't the first version. By your idea, I suppose the game should've come with a disclaimer saying "not what you expect it to be, nor what we say it will be".

This isn't an opinion shared by the developers (I assume and hope) so I won't go on a rant beyond this: I, like many others, purchased FHM 14. We did not purchase FHM The Series. I will not get FHM 15/16/17 for free, since I bought FHM 14 and not an entire series of games. So please understand if I'm not very forgiving of people saying "well it'll be better in the next version you can't expect that much".
You purchased FHM14 but you need to understand that it won't have the same amount of features like FHM15/16/17 (or OOTP14 for that matter) - that's simply unrealistic. Sure, you can think that there should be more features in FHM14, you have the right to have such opinion. My opinion is that the developers did a great job though.