Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2014, 01:49 AM   #1
Woody19
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Game enjoyable now?

Hi there,

I've got two questions regarding the newest version:

1. Is it possible to do an NHL expansion draft with the current rosters (no historical one), e.g. setting up a new franchise in Quebec?
2. Does scouting and player development work without any major flaws?

If so, I can buy the game at last
Old 03-15-2014, 04:42 AM   #2
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody19 View Post
Hi there,

I've got two questions regarding the newest version:

1. Is it possible to do an NHL expansion draft with the current rosters (no historical one), e.g. setting up a new franchise in Quebec?
2. Does scouting and player development work without any major flaws?

If so, I can buy the game at last
1.)No expansion. You could take a current team and remove all of it's players and change the team name to Quebec and add the players you prefer.

2.) Not sure.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 05:55 AM   #3
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

General

As far as trades and stuff that happen in-game it's really, really better..

Enjoyable as of controlling the game not so much, UI wise it's still the same sloppy game as when the game was in Beta. ( one year later )

Even if we all unofficially had agreed that the age column at the players history stats should move a column to the left, before the league-info stat because it would improve the readability of the stats a lot, but for some reason they just haven't changed anything on that part of the game.
I've maybe clicked 1000 times next to a button while I thought I was hovering on top of it - Simple keyboard shortcuts such as arrow left to navigate a page backwards still doesn't work either. The mouse cursor still doesn't change to a Pointer symbol when you hover on top of a link or button what makes it much more difficult to view if you're clicking right or wrong.

If you try to create your own custom ( less image heavy ) Skin you'll find yourself in some sort of spaghetti-code that is just unreal.
They should create a default Grid-system or something and give all those Widgets + headings an unique ID so you can trigger them if you need to.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:19 AM   #4
Risk2014
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
No this patch is even worse then the previous.
Risk2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 10:47 AM   #5
PromisedPain
Minors (Double A)

Despite a few bugs it's much more fun than the previous patch. Now I just want face gen and better looking UI.... and of course, the bugs fixed.
PromisedPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:19 AM   #6
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

When I get the chance,I want to make the AHL into a super league to compete against the NHL. So I will send 3 or 4 players per NHL team and 3 or 4 players per KHL team to AHL teams(move most cities that I consider too Mickey Mouse to be big league) and see what happens.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:22 AM   #7
jonnycosmic
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
When I get the chance,I want to make the AHL into a super league to compete against the NHL. So I will send 3 or 4 players per NHL team and 3 or 4 players per KHL team to AHL teams(move most cities that I consider too Mickey Mouse to be big league) and see what happens.
That would be a very interesting game to play. Would love to have a save game/quick start of this when you do get this working. Could potentially use it as a challenge on the forums, much like they do on the EHM The Blue Line forum.
jonnycosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:35 AM   #8
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnycosmic View Post
That would be a very interesting game to play. Would love to have a save game/quick start of this when you do get this working. Could potentially use it as a challenge on the forums, much like they do on the EHM The Blue Line forum.

Its too bad we can't have leagues playing other leagues but I can see that happening some time down the road.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:39 AM   #9
old fat bald guy
Minors (Triple A)

Yes, it's better.

Eagerly awaiting the match-engine patch. The biggest problem for me is still the in-game experience. You don't know where the puck is apart from finding out after a shot -- if it's a shot on goal -- where it was before the shot.

It occurred to me last night that a huge part of the appeal of hockey is the suspense of a scoring chance, and that's missing because of the order in which we're receiving data about what's happening. Tell me where the shot is coming from (and as much else as you can tell me), THEN tell me what happened.

It sounds as if this might be taken care of with the next patch.

Another thing -- I came across what I think was a bug in a shootout. WHL game, Prince George at Tri-Cities. Prince George shoots first, but the first shot apparently didn't count, because after three rounds Tri-Cities was ahead and the game didn't end. Prince George tied it in the fourth round and won it in the fifth, and Tri-Cities wasn't allowed to take a fifth shot.
old fat bald guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:20 PM   #10
Oren Djoos
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'll let you know once I manage to activate the game again.
Oren Djoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 01:13 PM   #11
old fat bald guy
Minors (Triple A)

I've also noticed, btw, that WHL teams are able to use four overage players (players who turn 20 during the year in which a season begins) in a game. Should be three. You can have more on the roster at the beginning of the season, but you can only use three in a game, and about a month into the season you have to cut down to three on the roster.
old fat bald guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 01:28 PM   #12
emren13
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crombeen View Post
General

Enjoyable as of controlling the game not so much, UI wise it's still the same sloppy game as when the game was in Beta. ( one year later )

Even if we all unofficially had agreed that the age column at the players history stats should move a column to the left, before the league-info stat because it would improve the readability of the stats a lot, but for some reason they just haven't changed anything on that part of the game.
I've maybe clicked 1000 times next to a button while I thought I was hovering on top of it - Simple keyboard shortcuts such as arrow left to navigate a page backwards still doesn't work either. The mouse cursor still doesn't change to a Pointer symbol when you hover on top of a link or button what makes it much more difficult to view if you're clicking right or wrong.

If you try to create your own custom ( less image heavy ) Skin you'll find yourself in some sort of spaghetti-code that is just unreal.
They should create a default Grid-system or something and give all those Widgets + headings an unique ID so you can trigger them if you need to.
Geez, why would anyone buy the game at this stage?? Scoring still sucks as other posts confirm! They should hand out 30-day trials and fully involve everyone in the testing process, actively playing the game. The game should not cost more than $25 (at the VERY MOST). This is very disappointing to hear and thanks for the honesty!!

Last edited by emren13; 03-15-2014 at 01:47 PM.
emren13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:49 AM   #13
thepete
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crombeen View Post
General

Agreed, pretty much. It looks better, the AI behaves better but your control over it is still pretty limited and plenty of things don't make sense.

Not to mention it is a clickfest of epic proportions, which does not make for a very enjoyable game.
thepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:36 AM   #14
plzhelpme
Bat Boy

give it a chance with this last patch this game is 100% more enjoyable and i no longer get any crash's going into second year of my good start got beat out of playoff's semi finals by pittsburgh penguins and vancouver canucks took the cup iam playing as toronto and i cant put the game down and it is only gonna improve from here UI will be fixed after the game is 100% i would think but i really dont mind all the clicking all the info is there even tho i spent 30min finding it sometimes

keep up the good work ootp alright back to game did a big signing this year see how he does big things planned for kadri he had supper season last year with s. abbott those 2 on same line have chemistry if thats posible in this game not sure but there both playing above my expectation. alright back to game

give it a shot u will be suprise how easy it actually is to navigate UI after awhile
plzhelpme is offline   Reply With Quote