Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2014, 06:06 AM   #1
progen
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Asking for my license every time I log in?

Click on the icon on my desktop, and it's asking for my license serial number every time? Is this normal?

Also, I looked around the forums for this, but how do I get the game to full screen? I generally like windows mode, but it's rather small, so I hit full screen and the screen size doesn't change?
progen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:29 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Try starting the game with right-click -> run as administrator. What's probably happening is that Windows isn't allowing you write access to the directory your license information is normally saved in. Administrator privileges should fix that.

The game not changing to fullscreen after a restart is likely the same thing - the settings file isn't getting written because the OS won't allow it to be saved to the directory it goes in.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:04 AM   #3
progen
All Star Starter

Thanks for the reply, but that didn't change anything. Still have to put the serial number in before starting? And the screen is the same size.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:48 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Odd. The two files that control both of those things (key.cfg for the license data and settings.dat for the graphics) are stored in \Users\(your ursername)\AppData\Roaming\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2014\config. Can you check that directory to see if it exists, if there's anything in it, and if you can copy another file (any random file will work) into it, just as a check to make sure Windows is letting you write there?
Old 03-14-2014, 10:44 AM   #5
progen
All Star Starter

Thanks Jeff for the quick reply. Here's what's in the file:

key.cfg
settings.dat

And yes, I can cut and paste a file in there with no problem.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:28 AM   #6
progen
All Star Starter

One thing I noticed. Even after changing the preferences to full screen and maximized, when I exit out, and then go back in, it has it has Windowed, and 1024x768? My changes aren't taking affect?
Old 03-14-2014, 11:56 AM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by progen View Post
One thing I noticed. Even after changing the preferences to full screen and maximized, when I exit out, and then go back in, it has it has Windowed, and 1024x768? My changes aren't taking affect?
Yeah, that's all recorded in settings.dat, which somehow isn't getting saved when you exit. But since those files exist, they've obviously been written to that directory at some point, so we know you have write access there. At this point, I'm stumped. Would you mind submitting a support ticket request to our tech support guys at OOTP Developments - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software ? Gary, who'll answer it, has a little more experience than I do in dealing with unusual situations like this (I'd ask him directly, but it works better for him if the report comes through the ticket system.) Include a link to this thread, so he can see what I've had you check already.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:53 AM   #8
progen
All Star Starter

Hi Jeff,

Gary did get in touch with me, and may actually have to access my computer to resolve this issue. But in the meantime, I'm wondering if I should try reinstalling the game, and if so, where do I find the initial download file? Then I guess, I can just update to 1.6.2. Thanks!
Old 03-15-2014, 10:12 AM   #9
progen
All Star Starter

Never mind with this, I did re-install, but things didn't change. I'll wait for Gary to contact me.