Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 02-17-2014, 05:09 PM   #21
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

So fictional expansion (NHL or Custom) which means the adding of teams that would make the leagues bigger than 30 teams,will not be available in FHM 2014?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:13 PM   #22
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
So fictional expansion (NHL or Custom) which means the adding of teams that would make the leagues bigger than 30 teams,will not be available in FHM 2014?
Sorry, saw that I used 2014 in my two posts, should have been 2015 (or version 2). I corrected it now.

I just talked about a scenario if the NHL (or any other league) makes changes (adding, removing, moving, ...) and of course we would account for it, so version 2 will have the correct leagues in it.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:17 PM   #23
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Sorry, saw that I used 2014 in my two posts, should have been 2015 (or version 2). I corrected it now.

I just talked about a scenario if the NHL (or any other league) makes changes (adding, removing, moving, ...) and of course we would account for it, so version 2 will have the correct leagues in it.
By god, just tell him outright if there will be any customization options in the 2014 version or not.

(I think I know the answer...)
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:24 PM   #24
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

The question was fictional expansion(not real expansion).

I thought fictional meant that it doesn't happen in real life?

Last edited by Orioles1966; 02-17-2014 at 05:26 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:26 PM   #25
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post
By god, just tell him outright if there will be any customization options in the 2014 version or not.

You have the 2014 version, it has customization options, I already wrote that we will not abandon historical/fictional mode (just keep it realistic on what is possible and what not), so what do you think is the answer?
Old 02-17-2014, 05:28 PM   #26
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post

There are probably 5000 people on the fence waiting to buy the game and their purchase hinges on this answer.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:30 PM   #27
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You have the 2014 version, it has customization options, I already wrote that we will not abandon historical/fictional mode (just keep it realistic on what is possible and what not), so what do you think is the answer?
I would guess-no.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:31 PM   #28
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
The question was fictional expansion(not real expansion).

I thought fictional meant that it doesn't happen in real life?
When we have more details on league expansion we will announce it.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:32 PM   #29
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

no offense but I could give a rat's behind on fictional anything... the point is the developers have been going nonstop on basically giving the game a "brain transplant" upgrade on simulation results and how the game will calculate outcomes such as hits, fights, goals, saves, pass's, etc.. and are working extensivly on the other half of scouting, contracts, player development, you name it!

Fictional can take a backseat for all I care until the game is running like clockwork
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:34 PM   #30
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
There are probably 5000 people on the fence waiting to buy the game and their purchase hinges on this answer.
Sorry, but that is just not true. The most played mode in FHM, OOTP and iOOTP (we did a few surveys) is by far the modern career mode (starting with opening day roster and just play).
Old 02-17-2014, 05:35 PM   #31
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
I would guess-no.
Ok, I give up.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:35 PM   #32
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
When we have more details on league expansion we will announce it.
Thank you. Thanks for answering my questions.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:37 PM   #33
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sorry, but that is just not true. The most played mode in FHM, OOTP and iOOTP (we did a few surveys) is by far the modern career mode (starting with opening day roster and just play).
I play OOTP modern with historical/fictional added. I play FHM mostly fictional with NHL modern with a fictional twist.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:42 PM   #34
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

The NHL not going to expand any time soon and if they did Seattle,Kansas City,Orlando and so on would have a team.

League Structure and E. need to be turned on.

We can add teams manually in League Structure but still would have to add Minor League Teams. A better way to add or change Teams Minor League Team and Minor League team contract with a NHL team.

Wavier Trades and Draft?
Old 02-17-2014, 05:42 PM   #35
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Amen to that brother!
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:42 PM   #36
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
I play OOTP modern with historical/fictional added. I play FHM mostly fictional with NHL modern with a fictional twist.
Yeah, but XXXX other people play it different and most of them "just" modern without any editing at all.

I don't want to tell anyone how to play the game but people have to understand, that we can't make anyone happy. So what we try to do is to make as many user as possible happy by working on the things that most people play and enjoy.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:58 PM   #37
tward13
All Star Starter

Thanks for your patience Sebastian, but no matter how many times you say it you're not going to stop a few people from asking over and over and over.

As with what I'm reading about the new football game, get the game working great with the current real league first. Then you have a working game an game engine. Afterwards add various options and fantasy stuff.

Seems that's the road you're on now. Good.

And by the way I do play both current day and historical in OOTP. I just realize you can't have everything on day 1.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:59 PM   #38
Garethw87

If the company (any company that is) doesn't keep the majority of its customers happy, then the product is going to fail. I see it this way...

90% play just modern day career sim. 10% might only play fictional etc.

You have to keep the 90% happy to be able to expand the features, through patches, updates, new versions etc so that the 10% get a better game too eventually.

Just my thoughts!
Old 02-17-2014, 07:23 PM   #39
Penfold75
Major Leagues

The thing that I don't understand about the expansion question is this. It has been said there are issues with generating the schedule etc for a 32 team expanded league in FHM 2014. So when FHM 2015 comes out what will be the difference if two new teams pop up in 2014 and you need to include them in the new version. Surely the point of generating the schedule etc becomes an issue then. If the player had an option before each season of whether they wanted to expand the league then or not, then if they chose to expand a new schedule would be generated. Surely this sort of things must be working in the historic mode for when historic expansion occurred. One year you have for example 10 teams and the next 12 teams.

Expansion is not 'fictional' but a very really part of the game of hockey down the years and nobody can be sure it won't happen again. I have always thought contraction was a better option first for the NHL to weed out the weakest franchises or to move them to better markets.
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:54 PM   #40
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfold75 View Post
The thing that I don't understand about the expansion question is this. It has been said there are issues with generating the schedule etc for a 32 team expanded league in FHM 2014. So when FHM 2015 comes out what will be the difference if two new teams pop up in 2014 and you need to include them in the new version. Surely the point of generating the schedule etc becomes an issue then. If the player had an option before each season of whether they wanted to expand the league then or not, then if they chose to expand a new schedule would be generated. Surely this sort of things must be working in the historic mode for when historic expansion occurred. One year you have for example 10 teams and the next 12 teams.

Expansion is not 'fictional' but a very really part of the game of hockey down the years and nobody can be sure it won't happen again. I have always thought contraction was a better option first for the NHL to weed out the weakest franchises or to move them to better markets.

They wouldn't have to generate a schedule for FHM 15 because one would be already made-the official NHL schedule. If generate means-make from scratch.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 02-17-2014 at 07:55 PM.