Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2013, 01:25 AM   #1
mking55
All Star Starter

What is frustrating

What is frustrating:

When your child gets a "C" when you know that with a little bit of effort they could get an "A".

You do a great job on a project at work and your boss (who did nothing but assign you the work) gets all the credit.

You are in a store with a friend and they shoplift but you are grabbed and accused and your parents beat the tar out of you.

You go out of your way to help a friend, but when you need help they are nowhere to be found.

When your spouse starts fooling around with another person and you find out.

When you can't find the winning lottery ticket you know you bought.

When a parent has Alzheimer's and there is nothing, I repeat, nothing you can do to help them.

When a fire burns your house down and all your pictures and mementoes go up in flames.

When you lose your job because your company is downsizing.

When you don't get that promotion because the bosses son-in-law got it.

When your condom breaks at the climax and you end up married at 17.

What is not frustrating:

You buy a game and it disappoints you. I don't think that fits in my small list above. Keep it in perspective.
mking55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:41 AM   #2
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Your post makes good reading. However frustrating doesn't really cover it if you have experienced anything on that list.

I lost my dad at the age of 56 after he suffered for 7 years with early onset alzheimers. It was more than frustrating to not be able to do anything to help him. It is more than frustrating that I watch my mom every day pine for the brilliant man she shared a huge part of her life with. She emigrated to Canada when she was 15 with her parents so 6 years ago my wife, my son, daughter and I moved back to Scotland where she was born so she could be closer to other members of her family and old friends. Even this has only helped in a small way.

My son has high functioning autism, severe ADHD and what has been described as mild brain damage after a traumatic birth. I watch him struggle every day with things my daughter can do with no problem at all. I worry for him each day and for his future and sometimes I feel there is very little I can do for him. Frustrating doesn't cover that.

What I do find frustrating is buying a product that doesn't quite do what it says on the tin or does it with problems and flaws.

I like playing sports management games. I play them when after work or when all is quiet and settled (which can be a rarity) and I have an hour or two that I can call mine. It is my form of respite.

So forgive my frustration that I am disappointed with this game.
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:30 AM   #3
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

I am sorry, I am trying not to troll, but this is one of the saddest posts I've ever seen (from the OP). YOU are the one comparing these major life events to a GAME? Seriously?

If you are satisfied with the product you were provided, kudos to you! While hopeful that there will come a time when the money that I paid months ago for what I anticipated would be a playable, fun game come September 3rd, I am not yet there.

So yes, I am frustrated with the product. If some of the things listed above simply "frustrate" you, you might want to have your emotional barometer checked...

Again, I am sorry.. I do not intend to troll, but jeez.. come on. /rant.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #4
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

I've met Penfold (Matt) a couple of times at Clan games. He is a really cool laid back guy and he talks of the stresses in his life like a guy who isn't stressed at all (that might sound dumb but I can't describe it any other way).

I share his frustration in the game but would never want the 'frustration' in his life.
Mickeyb37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:13 AM   #5
Jabez54
Hall Of Famer

Pen ...

As I am going through with my personal struggles of my journey, I "feel" and "understand" of where you're coming from, but from different "thorns" ... the same place of helplessness ... It's really a blessing that these Baseball Games, has given us a small space of getting lost in our childhood days - while being refresh - for another daily grind ... At least, you're not alone ...
Old 09-15-2013, 11:23 AM   #6
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabez54 View Post
Pen ...

As I am going through with my personal struggles of my journey, I "feel" and "understand" of where you're coming from, but from different "thorns" ... the same place of helplessness ... It's really a blessing that these Baseball Games, has given us a small space of getting lost in our childhood days - while being refresh - for another daily grind ... At least, you're not alone ...
Jabez thanks for your post. I wish you well with your own struggles. I will keep you in my prayers. Games are such a great escape sometimes. When you cant control everything in life it's great being able to switch off and control something even if it is a baseball or hockey or soccer team in a game.
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:52 PM   #7
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

mking55, I think you're the one that lost perspective. The word with most of these things the OP listed above is Devastating, not frustrating. Id be willing to bet that you've gone through none of those things you have listed.

One thing i'm frustrated at these days is "When you finally finish college and get a career you have little to no spare time for gaming"
Im also frustrated with "planned the day out to watch the bills game on tv only to realize at gametime that its not televised in my area"

Many people here have gone through a lot of crap in life im willing to bet. FHM offers a potential relaxing moment where you can forget your problems and just get immersed in a different world. So yes, if something gets in the way of that immersion, it is most definitely frustrating.

Mking, heres alittle reading for you to determine the two going forward:
devastating
Adjective
1.Highly destructive or damaging.
2.Causing severe shock, distress, or grief.

frustrating
Verb
1.Prevent (a plan or attempted action) from progressing, succeeding, or being fulfilled: "his attempt to frustrate the merger".
2.Prevent (someone) from doing or achieving something.

Last edited by dave1927p; 09-15-2013 at 02:04 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:40 PM   #8
mking55
All Star Starter

Oh jeez. Forgive my wording. The things I mentioned are frustrating and a whole lot more.

All I was trying to do, although it seems poorly, is to point out that this is just a game so there is no reason to be so freaking upset that it doesn't work as you want it to, or as it was advertised.

I am saying that the game does not belong in the same league as other issues and it makes my hair stand on end (what little there is of it) when I read how angry some people are.

Get a refund. Go away. Life goes on.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #9
mking55
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
frustrating Verb
1.Prevent (a plan or attempted action) from progressing, succeeding, or being fulfilled: "his attempt to frustrate the merger".
2.Prevent (someone) from doing or achieving something.
Actually Alzheimer's does fulfill these 2 descriptions you listed under frustrating. The plan was for my dad to live to a ripe old age enjoying himself (as he always enjoyed himself). It didn't happen.

Alzheimer's prevented him from achieving a complete life.

So it passes the frustrating test. However I agree, it is much, much more than frustrating.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:05 PM   #10
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

perhaps this thread should be closed. I would much rather see new threads of people complaining about the game then posts of people complaining about the complainers.

Last edited by dave1927p; 09-15-2013 at 08:06 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:29 PM   #11
Stinson
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
I am sorry, I am trying not to troll, but this is one of the saddest posts I've ever seen (from the OP). YOU are the one comparing these major life events to a GAME? Seriously?
I think you missed the point he was trying to make. Contrary to your interpretation, he's trying to make the point that there are much worse things in life than getting a sub-par video game, and he specifically points out that this does not fit the given list of real-world problems. I can only assume this point is being made in response to all the negativity and melodrama surrounding the release of FHM.
Stinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:24 AM   #12
Oren Djoos
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinson View Post
I think you missed the point he was trying to make. Contrary to your interpretation, he's trying to make the point that there are much worse things in life than getting a sub-par video game, and he specifically points out that this does not fit the given list of real-world problems. I can only assume this point is being made in response to all the negativity and melodrama surrounding the release of FHM.
Great, he can go post about it on the Oprah forums. Last time I checked this place is for discussion of a video game, not life coaching.
Oren Djoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #13
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mking55 View Post

All I was trying to do, although it seems poorly, is to point out that this is just a game so there is no reason to be so freaking upset that it doesn't work as you want it to, or as it was advertised.

I am saying that the game does not belong in the same league as other issues and it makes my hair stand on end (what little there is of it) when I read how angry some people are.

Get a refund. Go away. Life goes on.
Yeah I got it but just remember what forum you are talking to. This is not in the land of Sullivan. ................................................ ......Z
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #14
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren Djoos View Post
Great, he can go post about it on the Oprah forums. Last time I checked this place is for discussion of a video game, not life coaching.
lol. Sorry Martin but that was tooooo funny...........................................Z

Last edited by Zorro; 09-16-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #15
Stinson
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren Djoos View Post
Last time I checked this place is for discussion of a video game
Which is exactly what he's doing. ...Discussing the fact that many of you are far more butthurt and whiny over this game's condition than is appropriate.

And to be honest, I agree with him. This forum is a mess.
Stinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:53 PM   #16
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinson View Post
Which is exactly what he's doing. ...Discussing the fact that many of you are far more butthurt and whiny over this game's condition than is appropriate.

And to be honest, I agree with him. This forum is a mess.
Why does everything have to come to an argument around here? He is right she is right no one is right or everyone is wrong. Why does every post have to go there? I know there are probably a lot of young minds here but do we have to do this in every post? Lets laugh a little and enjoy our time here together . Life is really not so bad folks............................................. .............Z
Old 09-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #17
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Why does everything have to come to an argument around here? He is right she is right no one is right or everyone is wrong. Why does every post have to go there? I know there are probably a lot of young minds here but do we have to do this in every post? Lets laugh a little and enjoy our time here together . Life is really not so bad folks............................................. .............Z
I know I know Oren Djoos, Off to see Oprah I go. lol. That was a classic.................................Z