Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 09-15-2013, 12:54 AM   #1
ResilientBeast
Bat Boy

Help Invalid Database Version?

Hey there all I'm on mac and installed the latest version and I'm having problems using historical mode. Every time i click that option I get an error saying "Invalid Database Version" I've tried to reinstall it completely but with no luck. Any ideas on what I can do?
ResilientBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #2
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Unlicense, uninstall, redownload the file, reinstall it, and put your license in.

Enjoy!

Scott

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:21 PM   #3
ResilientBeast
Bat Boy

Okay I did all that but when I enter my serial number/activation code, I'm told it couldn't be activated.

Any ideas?
ResilientBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #4
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Make sure the code is correct.. also sometimes the servers are a bit slow. It occasionally took me a couple of tries when I did this.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #5
Redeemed143
Minors (Single A)

help again

the have tried this
"Unlicense, uninstall, redownload the file, reinstall it, and put your license in."

but it still comes back with the invalid database version when i try a new game.

i can play a custom save that i have from previous version, but with the new 1.4.19 i can't start a new game. any thoughts would be great. HELP!
Redeemed143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:14 PM   #6
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Sounds like you are trying to download an older game that no longer exists in your system.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:04 PM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed143 View Post
the have tried this
"Unlicense, uninstall, redownload the file, reinstall it, and put your license in."

but it still comes back with the invalid database version when i try a new game.

i can play a custom save that i have from previous version, but with the new 1.4.19 i can't start a new game. any thoughts would be great. HELP!
Something in the database is getting corrupted, but it shouldn't be doing that every time you redownload and reinstall. I'm wondering if maybe you're getting the same cached (and corrupted) version of the install file each time you download - instead of the link in the patch post above, try getting it from the store link at http://files.ootpdevelopments.com/fhm/fhm2014setup.exe. If that doesn't work, we may need to have tech support take a closer look: you can submit a support ticket at this link and they'll work through the problem with you and try to figure out what's going wrong.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:17 PM   #8
Redeemed143
Minors (Single A)

I can do everything... load a custom league, start a historical league, start a new custom league, start a new league from current (november 24th), but I am still unable to start a new league from opening day without getting the invalid database version.

I did try the link that JeffR provided but the issue still remains.
I did submit a support ticket.
I will try to work things out with support and hopefully be able to leave a solution what ever it might be here soon.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:22 PM   #9
Redeemed143
Minors (Single A)

i am bumping this since the issue still exists.
i an start from the new roster updates March 5th.
but i can't start a new game using the database that is from the beginning of the season.
the issue was never resolved via the submit ticket link provided.

just was wondering if anyone still has issue with this (did find another poster's thread wit this concern from December).

thanks in advance.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:53 PM   #10
JeffR
FHM Producer

Have a look in the \Users\(your username)\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2014\data\quickstart_games\Majors.quick directory (that's where the Opening Day rosters are.) What are the newest "date modified" dates on the files in there? You should have 7 from yesterday or today. If they're all older than that, something's going wrong with the installation and those files aren't getting updated.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:42 PM   #11
Redeemed143
Minors (Single A)

leagues, names, personal, players, retired, rules and teams all have the date of installation on them (3/13/14).

thanks for the response and work you are doing.