Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test > FHM - Beta Bug Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2013, 11:26 PM   #1
Lantz
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Re-signing/signing players.

I've now had 4 seperate instances of this:

A UFA, A RFA and a UFA Re-Sign.

When I put together a contract, the "offer contract" button just isn't clickable.

However, on the RFA, if I hit "meet demand" (even though he told me he doesn't want to negotiate), it fills in his demand and allows me to offfer it... but if I go any lower, the button becomes disabled again.

Odd.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #2
Lier X Aggerate
Bat Boy

I am having the same issue while trying to re-sign a few players. I go to structure their contract and then when I attempt to submit, the option is unavailable. The other options are available however.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:44 PM   #3
Zorbane
Bat Boy

Do you guys have cash/budget/caproom available?
Old 03-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #4
tomwolf2008
Major Leagues

Same issue as OP

and I can be sure it has nothing do to with Roster room/budget/salary cap etc...
Old 03-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #5
Teloch
Minors (Single A)

Same here. I had a player asking for $74,000 and I met his demand with no success. After that I cranked my offer up to $455,000 and asked for his opinion and the offer button came available. Then I could lower my offer to $100,000, ask for his opinion again and make the offer. Didn't try again with another player though.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #6
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

One weird thing is RFA's that you can't agree to a salary but qualify will then show as $0 cap space. If you then sign them to a contract after, it still shows as $0 for the current year and then the contract kicking in the following year.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #7
Finnish Leaf
Bat Boy

I have problem with signing players in SM-Liiga. I'll demand players offer and press contract offering button but nothing happened?
Old 03-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #8
Zorbane
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwolf2008 View Post
Same issue as OP

and I can be sure it has nothing do to with Roster room/budget/salary cap etc...
I noticed there's a separate "budget" or "cap" indicator on the signing screen (left side) which has a different number than the financials page. It's actually wrong as it seems to use that year's payroll instead of the caphit to calculate how much room you have to sign more players.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #9
tomwolf2008
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorbane View Post
I noticed there's a separate "budget" or "cap" indicator on the signing screen (left side) which has a different number than the financials page. It's actually wrong as it seems to use that year's payroll instead of the caphit to calculate how much room you have to sign more players.

Yes, but if I hit Meet Demand, then I'll be able to click submit offer. If not, even if the player like the offer, I can't submit, I think this it is actually a bug
Old 03-05-2013, 04:10 PM   #10
Zorbane
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwolf2008 View Post
Yes, but if I hit Meet Demand, then I'll be able to click submit offer. If not, even if the player like the offer, I can't submit, I think this it is actually a bug
just wanted to clarify it, and report my bug at the same time
Old 03-05-2013, 05:18 PM   #11
Bugsquasher
Minors (Single A)

I have this problem as well. Here I was negotiating an extension to Michael Ryder's contract with Montreal, I offer roughly the same for next year but he wanted a 3 year contract and I wanted 1 Year. So I put it at one year and raise the salary 'till he accepted. I go to submit offer and I can't press it. So I've been trying to work around it. The buttons, ask for response, meet demand and reset changes all work, but Submit offer won't show up as clickable even if there's an agreement. I thought it could be the payroll budget but there's 10M in space. Is there a workaround so I can sign Ryder or must I wait 'till it's patched?

Edited: Ryan White can be submitted an offer anytime apparently. Actually just figured out I can't sign bouillon too. Having played ootp I really think it has something to do with the budget.

Last edited by Bugsquasher; 03-05-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #12
Gige56
Minors (Single A)

I'm having a problem when I had 4 players called from my team in the ECHL (Reading Royals) to the AHL (Hershey Bears) including a goalie. That left me short a goalie since I only had 2 on the roster. I went to the "transaction overview" screen to see the movement of the players and noticed that there was already a new goalie signed to my roster the same day as the call ups. I have all the transaction options set to manual. I believe that's a bug, but not sure

Sorry for the rant and not sure if this is the place to place, but it seems right.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:40 AM   #13
JeffR
FHM Producer

Unclickable offer contract button added to the bug list (I thought we had it in there already, actually, but apparently not.)