Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 02:26 PM   #1
kleric
Minors (Double A)

All-Star Game and Schedule weirdness

http://www.monkeytorium.org/otbatest...908_07_01.html

I imported my 6.5 league, which had a schedule created using an addon, and ran the new season up to the all-star break.

It doesn't appear ootp2006 scheduled an all-star break, as there's actually another game on the same day as the AS game.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:06 PM   #2
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Check your schedule settings in the league setup. There's an option which says, "Auto Schedule All-Star Game" which, if you have it enable, it will tell the game to add an All-Star Game and break into the schedule even if there's already an All-Star Game and break in the schedule file.

By disabling that setting, the game will load the All-Star Game from the schedule file.

Check also that you have the "Hold All-Star Game" option enable as well. If it's not, the game will not hold an All-Star Game at all, even if a date for one is specified in the schedule file.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:04 PM   #3
thbroman
All Star Reserve

Since this thread drew your attention, GO, I'm going to hijack it a little and post my question. I can't find any evidence that any schedule at all has been saved in my game folder. I created a league with 24 teams in it, to simulate MLB in the 1960s, but I can't get it to link to the xml schedule from 1969 in the \schedules folder, or to any schedule at all. Every time I try to follow the player's guide instructions and force a starting date in the eay described there, all it does is fall back on some crummy generic schedule.

Can you suggest anything? Is the function with choosing a schedule bugged?
Old 06-01-2006, 06:09 PM   #4
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

thbroman, have you tried specifically importing a schedule file via the import schedule function? If all else fails, that should work.

The game should find a suitable match provided your settings are correct. The main criteria there are the league size and alignment, and schedule length. Check to confirm that your league is a 6-6 6-6 setup, the schedule length is 162 games, no interleague, and unbalanced. If any of these are different, the historical files won't match up and thus the game will generate a schedule rather than using an existing file.

Note also that if you're doing a historical league, then whatever year your league is in will automatically use the major league schedule for that year.

Last edited by Le Grande Orange; 06-01-2006 at 06:10 PM.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:33 PM   #5
thbroman
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange
thbroman, have you tried specifically importing a schedule file via the import schedule function? If all else fails, that should work.

The game should find a suitable match provided your settings are correct. The main criteria there are the league size and alignment, and schedule length. Check to confirm that your league is a 6-6 6-6 setup, the schedule length is 162 games, no interleague, and unbalanced. If any of these are different, the historical files won't match up and thus the game will generate a schedule rather than using an existing file.

Note also that if you're doing a historical league, then whatever year your league is in will automatically use the major league schedule for that year.
No, my problem is that I'm using a fantasy league that I want to match an historical scedule to. I tried several times to import a schedule, each time checking the criteria, but without success. But I'll go with what you recommended in the other thread. Thanks.
Closed Thread