Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 05-09-2019, 04:39 PM   #61
RchW
Hall Of Famer

That's an oxymoron.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 10:44 PM   #62
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Canes beat themselves tonight. Stupid penalties and stupid turnovers.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 10:42 AM   #63
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Ugh, the Blues are hosed if they keep playing like that. Losing Game 1 is never, ever good.
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 10:54 PM   #64
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Oh well. It was nice while it lasted. I can deal with being swept. But not by the bleepin' Bruins. Cab't catch a flippin' break.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 05-15-2019, 06:55 PM   #65
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, that Blues/Canes final I was hoping for seems to be fading fast. I just hope the Blues can hold up their end of the bargain, and not let me down yet again.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:20 PM   #66
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

That's a heartbreaker for the Blues. One minute away from a 2-1 lead & then lose it to a non call by the zebras.

This has not been a good year for officiating in just about any sport.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 05-16-2019, 01:34 AM   #67
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

The league really seems to be behind the Sharts for some reason. I guess establishment types just really like to push old guys named Joe, whether or not anybody actually likes them.

Last edited by ThatSeventiesGuy; 05-16-2019 at 01:36 AM.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:02 AM   #68
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSeventiesGuy View Post
The league really seems to be behind the Sharts for some reason. I guess establishment types just really like to push old guys named Joe, whether or not anybody actually likes them.

yeah, you hate to start thinking conspiracy theory stuff but when one team gets a sweetheart call every round (5 min major penalty against Vegas; nullified CO goal on an "offsides" call), you have to wonder.... granted, if the Blues would have just put the puck in the freakin' empty net once in the final few minutes, the game is done

if last night doesn't fire up the Blues to kick some serious tail from here on out, then they deserve to lose
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:51 PM   #69
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

The Bruins & Canes power play have as much in common as Flavor Flav & the Queen of England.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 05-17-2019, 10:27 AM   #70
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

No matter what happens with the Blues from this point on, at least they tried harder than the 'Canes. Good god, that was brutal. I just hope my team can come back, because I really, really don't want to have to root for the Blowins in the Finals.
Old 05-17-2019, 06:01 PM   #71
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No matter what happens with the Blues from this point on, at least they tried harder than the 'Canes. Good god, that was brutal. I just hope my team can come back, because I really, really don't want to have to root for the Blowins in the Finals.
Wasn't a matter of not trying. It was a matter of the Bruins being a whooooolllee lot better. Canes couldn't even get any puck luck. Just a thurough domination. Go Blues/Sharks.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 05-19-2019, 05:56 PM   #72
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Blues looked red hot.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 05-21-2019, 11:21 PM   #73
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Boldly going where no Blues team in my lifetime has gone before...the Stanley Cup Finals! Please, please don’t revert to usual form now. Just one Cup before I die.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:23 AM   #74
vrobx1
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Boldly going where no Blues team in my lifetime has gone before...the Stanley Cup Finals! Please, please don’t revert to usual form now. Just one Cup before I die.
Dallas Stars fan on the Blues bandwagon.

If we gotta lose, rather lose to the champs.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk
vrobx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 07:25 AM   #75
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Let's go Blues!
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 05-22-2019, 08:18 AM   #76
Splitter24
Hall Of Famer

Here's hoping the outcome is the same as it was the first time these teams met in the final. Go Bruins!

Currently Reading: The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen

"Well, the game is afoot. I’ll take anal bum cover for 7,000." - "Sean Connery" SNL Celebrity Jeopardy

R.I.P. Tommy Holmes 1917-2008
Splitter24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 03:06 AM   #77
rink23
Hall Of Famer

Ugh, not a huge fan of the Note but enough of one to really be enjoying this playoff run, especially since the Redbirds kinda stink right now.

But playing a Boston team has not turned out well for the STL since the turn of the century.

2001 -- Pats defeat Rams in the Cheaterbowl
2004 -- Red Sox freight train (sweep/embarass) the best Cardinals team I've seen in my lifetime, going back to early 1970s.
2013 -- David Oritz single-handedly carries Red Sox over Cardinals in a six-game World Series. (With a little help from Mike Matheny).

And it goes back even before that
1970 -- Bruins sweep Blues in Stanley Cup finals -- with historic Bobby Orr goal as the capper. The Notes last trip to the SCF before 2019.

The Cardinals do have World Series wins over the Red Sox in 1967 and 1946. And I was either too young to remember it or not born yet.

In basketball, St. Louis used to have an NBA team and evidently it was pretty good.

It made the NBA finals four times in a five-year span one once in 1958.
That was over Boston.
It's other three trips to the finals, 1957, 1960 and 1961 were won by Bill Russell's bunch.

That means Boston owns a 7-3 advantage in finals series in the big four sports and has won the last four.

So even though my mother's side traces back to Boston, all the way to the Mayflower, there is little I loathe more than the sports teams from Beantown.

LET'S GO BLUES.

Last edited by rink23; 05-23-2019 at 07:17 AM.
rink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 05:24 AM   #78
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rink23 View Post
Ugh, not a huge fan of the Note but enough of one to really be enjoying this playoff ruin, especially since the Redbirds kinda stink right now.

But playing a Boston team has not turned out well for the STL since the turn of the century.

2001 -- Pats defeat Rams in the Cheaterbowl
2004 -- Red Sox freight train (sweep/embarass) the best Cardinals team I've seen in my lifetime, going back to early 1970s.
2013 -- David Oritz single-handedly carries Red Sox over Cardinals in a six-game World Series. (With a little help from Mike Matheny).

And it goes back even before that
1969 -- Bruins sweep Blues in Stanley Cup finals -- with historic Bobby Orr goal as the capper. The Notes last trip to the SCF before 2019.

The Cardinals do have World Series wins over the Red Sox in 1967 and 1946. And I was either too young to remember it or not born yet.

In basketball, St. Louis used to have an NBA team and evidently it was pretty good.

It made the NBA finals four times in a five-year span one once in 1958.
That was over Boston.
It's other three trips to the finals, 1957, 1960 and 1961 were won by Bill Russell's bunch.

That means Boston owns a 7-3 advantage in finals series in the big four sports and has won the last four.

So even though my mother's side traces back to Boston, all the way to the Mayflower, there is little I loathe more than the sports teams from Beantown.

LET'S GO BLUES.

That would be 1970, not 69.

Those were different teams, different times. This is 2019. Even the Cubs & Red Sox won eventually. Have some faith.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 05-23-2019 at 05:51 AM.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 07:22 AM   #79
rink23
Hall Of Famer

I know, none of what happens in the past really matters.
It's all about right now.
But I just hate Boston's sports teams for what they've done to us. This is coming from someone who is 90 percent a baseball guy.
Even worse than the Cubs, and that's saying a lot.
As a note: that 2004 Cardinals team may have been one of our best ever, but because they rolled over for the Red Sox they are basically forgotten.
And in 2013, it took until Game 6 for Matheny to decide maybe it wasn't a good idea to pitch to Papi -- who had maybe the best World Series ever to that point -- and by than our pitching staff was on fumes.

Last edited by rink23; 05-23-2019 at 07:31 AM.
rink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 10:13 AM   #80
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
I have never considered the Rams a team from St. Louis, even though they were in the area for about two decades. I still consider the area Cardinals territory in terms of NFL football, seeing as they were there when I started following them.

The Rams never should have invaded that area, in my view. Yes, I did say invaded, folks. That area will always belong to the Cardinals baseball and football teams to me, and though it won't likely ever be the case again, the Browns, because they're not likely to return from Baltimore either.

So discounting the pseudo-St. Louis Rams matchup with the Patriots, Boston still has won more matchups for titles against St. Louis teams than the opposite result has occurred, unfortunately. Regarding 2004, that World Series was basically given to Boston, more or less, than it was earned on the fields, I think. Of course, I could be wrong about that, but that's what I still believe here, to be completely honest with you all here.

As for 2013, I don't blame that loss mainly on Matheny. Sure, he may not have made the best choices at times, but he was then still very inexperienced. And this may not be a popular opinion, but I still don't think it was a good idea to fire him last year. We didn't perform well in that Series against Boston, if memory serves. So if that's true, then Boston may have earned its championship legitimately that year, as much as I might want to say otherwise.

With that all said, I do hope the Blues make the ursines cry and wail and all, and that BOTH Cardinals teams start shredding the Cubs and Bears a lot in the near future if and whenever possible, so to speak, by beating them a lot in games and all. CD out.

Proverbs 16:7 KJV
Romans 12:18 KJV
Philippians 2:1-11 KJV

DeviantArt:

https://www.deviantart.com/clovidequano-dovatha

GBA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=316515

EC's IPA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=158631

Updates to my various threads may be delayed or sporadic, and requests may still be some time away, while I continue working on LUtD. CD out.
Clovidequano Dovatha is offline   Reply With Quote