Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-25-2019, 05:58 PM   #21
TwinsFan
Minors (Double A)

Just saw this now!

Hey Zorro!

We are doing OK but it's been frustrating because we are 9 games under our pyt record and I hate losing close games!

It's a weird year because our pitching has been better than ever but our winning pct is down. With that being said it looks like Pedro's quest for 6 straight triple crowns may be over.

Trout is having his typical lousy year and Bonds has been terrible. Bonds had a .697 ops heading into august.
Attached Images

Last edited by TwinsFan; 01-25-2019 at 06:00 PM.
TwinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 12:11 PM   #22
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

A bump for the Breakers - Zorro and I decided to trim some of the fat from our rosters and join this league. Take a look and see if you are interested, would love it if you joined us.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 02:45 PM   #23
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
A bump for the Breakers - Zorro and I decided to trim some of the fat from our rosters and join this league. Take a look and see if you are interested, would love it if you joined us.
Thanks for pointing that out. I'm absolutely down! It sounds like an awesome idea!
Medici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 02:48 PM   #24
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medici View Post
Thanks for pointing that out. I'm absolutely down! It sounds like an awesome idea!
WONDERfULL, I was hoping you would come. ABe sure and put everyone on Orcins list as a friend. That is a must.😁
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 03:18 PM   #25
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Awesome! Should be a lot of fun. Looking forward to it.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 03:27 PM   #26
PhysicsTeacher
Minors (Single A)

Quote:

You do realize that you're over the 50 limit?
PhysicsTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 06:24 PM   #27
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicsTeacher View Post
You do realize that you're over the 50 limit?
Of course! A balanced limit is the whole point. I may not be qualified to teach physics, but I did pass my high school Algebra just fine. I appreciate your concern ;-)

Many teams joining, (your own team included) will be forced to trim down the roster and adjust to reach the 50 point limit before the start of next season. That brings a whole different challenge of assessment and decision making. Throw in the fact that the members are an active group and it all makes for a fun time! And fun is the point of the game after all.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:16 PM   #28
PhysicsTeacher
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Many teams joining, (your own team included) will be forced to trim down the roster and adjust to reach the 50 point limit before the start of next season.
I did not intend to suggest that your math skills were lacking, especially after your Breakers just swept us.

I like the concept, but I have too much invested in the Doctrine to strip it down to Orcin's limit. If I could get all of the real $$$ refunded or redirected to another team, maybe, but that's not going to happen.

We all agree that you can be highly competitive without a great number of perfect cards, but the limit on diamonds is much too restrictive for our purposes. We've spent many long hours designing a roster that is optimized for our park, and we have no intention of blowing it up anytime soon. My son's diamond level team would be a good fit for your plan, but he has to make it to perfect level first. Perhaps he'll go deep into the playoffs this season and get up here with the rest of us. Once you make the tournament, anything can happen.
PhysicsTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 09:22 PM   #29
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicsTeacher View Post
I did not intend to suggest that your math skills were lacking, especially after your Breakers just swept us.

I like the concept, but I have too much invested in the Doctrine to strip it down to Orcin's limit. If I could get all of the real $$$ refunded or redirected to another team, maybe, but that's not going to happen.

We all agree that you can be highly competitive without a great number of perfect cards, but the limit on diamonds is much too restrictive for our purposes. We've spent many long hours designing a roster that is optimized for our park, and we have no intention of blowing it up anytime soon. My son's diamond level team would be a good fit for your plan, but he has to make it to perfect level first. Perhaps he'll go deep into the playoffs this season and get up here with the rest of us. Once you make the tournament, anything can happen.
lol. I never though you were really questioning my basic math ability my friend. I was kidding with you. I do stop at advanced physics though. To this day I have no clue what my Physics II Professor was ever talking about in college as he made squiggle marks on the board. That was a skin of the teeth passing...

Totally understand where you're coming from with the diamond limit. You've clearly put a lot of time and resources into your roster and it's paid off in an awesome team. I wish you the best of luck wherever your team goes-except in our playoffs tomorrow ;-)