Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-13-2017, 04:11 PM   #221
DustinthePOWERHOUSE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padreman View Post
How do you know if your in the beta team I guess you haven't heard anything by now means you're not in?
I think it's a downright travesty, deplorable, despicable and disconcerting that you aren't on the beta team. If PMan isn't beta, where is the justice?

"It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am"- Ali

Wladimir Klitschko will DESTROY you.
DustinthePOWERHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 05:14 PM   #222
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinthePOWERHOUSE View Post
I think it's a downright travesty, deplorable, despicable and disconcerting that you aren't on the beta team. If PMan isn't beta, where is the justice?
Well, apparently I never got his email

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 10:15 AM   #223
electrickeeper
Minors (Double A)

Is there a bulk license purchase option? I seem to remember it in previous years.
electrickeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:09 AM   #224
Mr.Tiddles
Bat Boy

A quick question about a baseball World Cup, will I be able to make qualifiers like in the soccer World Cup and customize how large it is? Will I be able to set a home county for the tournament?
Mr.Tiddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:12 PM   #225
chriskelly
All Star Reserve

Is it possible to make expansion drafts work like they have the last 30 years or so (where every team protects say 15, then round 1 sees every team lose 1 player, then they get to protect 3 more, etc)?
chriskelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 09:50 PM   #226
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrickeeper View Post
Is there a bulk license purchase option? I seem to remember it in previous years.
There is, but I'm not sure where you'd find it.

Failing that, send an email or a text message to Andreas and he'll take care of you!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 02:21 PM   #227
Donevyn
Major Leagues

Been asking this every year, and last year if even sounded from a response from the dev team that it might happen. But wish there was a two person season game. My brother and I would love to play each other, but really don't have the time or inclination to join a big league of a bunch of folks.

Thanks
Donevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:41 AM   #228
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donevyn View Post
Been asking this every year, and last year if even sounded from a response from the dev team that it might happen. But wish there was a two person season game. My brother and I would love to play each other, but really don't have the time or inclination to join a big league of a bunch of folks.

Thanks
What's stopping you from running an online league with 2 human owners and the rest AI? I'm sure this will work without issue.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:43 PM   #229
Donevyn
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
What's stopping you from running an online league with 2 human owners and the rest AI? I'm sure this will work without issue.
Well the times I've tried it it's been way too complicated. If you are willing to send me a pm on how to do it that would be most appreciated.

Thanks!
Donevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 12:02 PM   #230
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Will this version have the same annoying problem where if your windows settings are set to scale your text and apps and stuff, that when playing OOTP full screen the scale is off so you have to click 5 inches below and to the right to select anything. Makes the game unplayable that way

Am forced to play the game windowed or changing my windows settings just for the game. So annoying please fix this if you haven't already. I'd like to play full screen again
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 07:47 PM   #231
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettrankin View Post
Out of curiosity, Will the 7th inning stretch music or sound effects be available in 3D mode?
Haven't they always been?
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:20 PM   #232
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
ok so i just preordered today from this site (not getting steam version this year) does that mean i still get the game early? (i think its march 20 right) or has the time for the promotion passed?
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:47 PM   #233
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallewalls View Post
ok so i just preordered today from this site (not getting steam version this year) does that mean i still get the game early? (i think its march 20 right) or has the time for the promotion passed?
The pre-order offer expired on January 27th. You'll still get the game on March 24th, just not on March 20th.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 08:40 PM   #234
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
The pre-order offer expired on January 27th. You'll still get the game on March 24th, just not on March 20th.

Dang it. Oh well thanks for the info. Idk why I waited so long to preorder this is my favorite game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-02-2017, 11:01 AM   #235
exoromeo
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Preorder thread says you still get it early, just not at 20% discount.

"If you pre-order OOTP 18 between Jan. 28 and March 23, you'll receive a 10% discount ($34.99) and get access to the Gold Master Beta version before release."
exoromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 12:52 PM   #236
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoromeo View Post

"If you pre-order OOTP 18 between Jan. 28 and March 23, you'll receive a 10% discount ($34.99) and get access to the Gold Master Beta version before release."
yeah i just went and re-read it and now im happy again
Old 03-03-2017, 01:27 PM   #237
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoromeo View Post

Thank you sir. Glad you'll get it early wallewalls. Learn to read actionjackson.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 10:44 PM   #238
electrickeeper
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
There is, but I'm not sure where you'd find it.

Failing that, send an email or a text message to Andreas and he'll take care of you!
Tried that, no response after a few weeks.
electrickeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 09:36 AM   #239
MisterCubs
Minors (Single A)

I stumbled upon OOTP last year (OOTP17) after playing a few other similar games through the years. This is my second year with the OOTP family, and I have just pre-ordered OOTP 18 in the last few minutes. I am looking forward to the newly added tournament option and everything that is new in this version.

No other Baseball game comes close to the level OOTP has placed itself upon, and I can only say kudos to everybody involved in developing this amazing game. OOTP 17 enabled me to quell the fictional baseball league thirst in all the ways no other game has been able to, so with my copy of OOTP 18 ordered, I look forward to diving in and continuing my fictional league.

Thank you for the hard work and dedication to bring all us fans this amazing game/tool for our obsession of all things baseball.

Golden League - Beleria
MisterCubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:45 AM   #240
mcssports1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Eating a player's salary

Is OOTP 18 going to have the feature where you can eat part of a player's salary in a trade across the life of a contract? Previously you only had the ability to throw in one-time cash allotments, so if you were trading a player with three years left on the deal, the team trading for him was on the hook for all that money in the rest of the contract. Being able to do this will make it much easier to trade expensive veterans who, in the old games, were nearly impossible to move.
mcssports1 is offline   Reply With Quote