Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - Online Leagues

OOTP 17 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 17 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 01-02-2017, 03:08 PM   #1
jDaveMc1984
Minors (Single A)

Tarnished GM looking for redemption

Hello all. I'm looking for a league to join.

I'll be frank... I now have a tarnished reputation among a few GM's through something that obviously was a huge mistake: simming ahead. I thought it was harmless, so much so that I posted it in my slack forum, only to be informed that it could be taken as cheating. So I didn't something (I guess) worse, I deleted the slack message.

It was seen as a cheating and a cover up (even though my team had lost 120 games that season and 100+ the previous season). For this, to The NOBA: I'm sorry guys.

Looking for redemption, though. If anyone wants to take me on I'd be happy to join a league. I'm an active GM and enjoy friendly banter.

If you'd like to give me a second chance, please PM me or reply to this thread.
Old 01-03-2017, 12:06 AM   #2
USF
All Star Starter

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jDaveMc1984 View Post
Hello all. I'm looking for a league to join.

I'll be frank... I now have a tarnished reputation among a few GM's through something that obviously was a huge mistake: simming ahead. I thought it was harmless, so much so that I posted it in my slack forum, only to be informed that it could be taken as cheating. So I didn't something (I guess) worse, I deleted the slack message.

It was seen as a cheating and a cover up (even though my team had lost 120 games that season and 100+ the previous season). For this, to The NOBA: I'm sorry guys.

Looking for redemption, though. If anyone wants to take me on I'd be happy to join a league. I'm an active GM and enjoy friendly banter.

If you'd like to give me a second chance, please PM me or reply to this thread.
Good of you to come clean. The record of your team has nothing to do with your actions. Joining an online league is a big time commitment. When a commish or a member of the league jeopardizes the very credibility of the results it ruins it for everyone involved. If you wanted to do what you did the better way of approaching it would have been to ask the league what they thought about it- crazy idea or not. & of course also share the results assuming everyone was ok with it to begin with. I'm not sure in OOTP in such a designed game/league environment that many would support this type of idea/suggestion or activity.

Anyway hats off to you for stepping up here. Good luck moving forward.

Last edited by USF; 01-03-2017 at 12:08 AM.
USF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 12:13 AM   #3
jDaveMc1984
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF View Post
Good of you to come clean. The record of your team has nothing to do with your actions. Joining an online league is a big time commitment. When a commish or a member of the league jeopardizes the very credibility of the results it ruins it for everyone involved. If you wanted to do what you did the better way of approaching it would have been to ask the league what they thought about it- crazy idea or not. & of course also share the results assuming everyone was ok with it to begin with. I'm not sure in OOTP in such a designed game/league environment that many would support this type of idea/suggestion or activity.

Anyway hats off to you for stepping up here. Good luck moving forward.
Obviously I didn't think it was that big of a deal or I wouldn't have even thought about doing it (or bringing it up). But thanks for the advice.

Would you invite me into your league or do I have a permanent black mark on my record?
Old 01-03-2017, 12:16 AM   #4
USF
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jDaveMc1984 View Post
Obviously I didn't think it was that big of a deal or I wouldn't have even thought about doing it (or bringing it up). But thanks for the advice.

Would you invite me into your league or do I have a permanent black mark on my record?
We don't have any openings in the ABL - but you are welcomed to join our slack and follow along until such opening comes up. I believe in 2nd chances.

Shoot me a PM with your email.

USF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 01:59 PM   #5
TwinsGuy34
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I was in NOBA w/ Dave from the shoot. I will vouch for him and add that I don't believe he did it to cheat. Chalk it up to being a bit too enthusiastic and gun-ho. He made a judgement mistake, period.

I wouldn't have any worries about being in another league w/ Dave in the future.

Best of luck, Dave.

-Josh_piratesGm
TwinsGuy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 03:43 PM   #6
jDaveMc1984
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinsGuy34 View Post
I was in NOBA w/ Dave from the shoot. I will vouch for him and add that I don't believe he did it to cheat. Chalk it up to being a bit too enthusiastic and gun-ho. He made a judgement mistake, period.

I wouldn't have any worries about being in another league w/ Dave in the future.

Best of luck, Dave.

-Josh_piratesGm
Much thanks, Josh! Yeah chalk this one up to naivety

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 01-03-2017, 04:01 PM   #7
saturn2187
All Star Reserve

CLB has some openings. See the thread!
saturn2187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:06 PM   #8
joeyjojojrshabadoo
Minors (Double A)

As the commish of NOBA, while Dave made a mistake, he is an asset to any league he joins. Alot of enthusiasm and he would be a great person to have. I would personally like to bring him back once the smoke clears on the situation. I do not believe that he had any intent of cheating, but merely impatience.

Last edited by joeyjojojrshabadoo; 01-05-2017 at 09:11 PM.
joeyjojojrshabadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:11 PM   #9
GoPedro99
All Star Reserve

Even tho I am against what happened. I do believe that Dave did not have any intention of cheating. I would have loved to see you stay in NOBA. I was a little sore about it at first however we all do make mistakes. And life without second chances would suck.
Dave. You are welcome to join my league, the NBL. Very new league. Looks like it will be a good one
GoPedro99 is offline   Reply With Quote