Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2016, 12:14 PM   #1
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

New Community Manager

Hello everyone,

As you may be aware, OOTP Developments recently had a shift in marketing and PR. Brad has left marketing and PR of OOTP, and Cole has shifted his focus back to creating content for the games. With Cole's shift, I will be taking over as Community Manager of Franchise Hockey Manager.

Two of my passions in life are hockey and video games. I've been a fan of both since the first time I laced up and had a controller in my hands (although not at a same time). I hope to bring this love of the game to this job. I know Cole did a great job, and I hope to continue in his footsteps.

As the new community manager, I have taken over both the Facebook and Twitter accounts for the game, so feel free to reach out to me there. Or you can find me on the forums here!

I look forward to helping the continued growth of this great community.

Thanks!
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 12:31 PM   #2
Bruins86
Minors (Double A)

Welcome
Bruins86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 01:17 PM   #3
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Welcome and good luck in the job
Old 01-03-2016, 02:14 PM   #4
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

Welcome to the community and the forums.

Matt LeClair - Penfold (1975-2015)
Mickeyb37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:32 AM   #5
Duranium
All Star Starter

welcome

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:49 AM   #6
Smetana
All Star Starter

Welcome aboard!
Old 01-04-2016, 03:57 PM   #7
Evok
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Welcome home buddy !

Be prepared for a rough ride ! (but i swear we'll be kind this time ! Maybe ...)
Evok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 09:48 PM   #8
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm really excited about some of the things planned for the future and hope to get your (and by your, I mean people on the Forums) on what to do after that.

In the mean time, you may notice the Twitter and Facebook feeds have changed and will continue tot change. I am just starting to dabble into the game and can see how many great things are going on, so I would really appreciate if you would take some screenshots of what's going on in your games/leagues and share them with me so I can hopefully make sure everyone else can see that too. You can send them in a message on Facebook, post them on Twitter, or throw a message on here if you prefer.

Thanks!
Old 01-05-2016, 01:39 AM   #9
Spirits
Major Leagues

Welcome, I hope these changes kickstart the forum's heart, it's been a bit quiet in here lately. I'm aware that it's basically holiday break everywhere, but still...

>> CZECH TIPSPORT EXTRALIGA MEGATHREAD
Spirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 12:15 AM   #10
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Hi everyone,

I thought about writing this as a new thread, but I decided against it. I want to keep the continuity here.

As I previously told you, I've been working on a lot of Social Media things, mostly trying to reinvigorate the communities on Facebook and Twitter (and Thank you to everyone who has participated thus far) posting a lot of Historical Facts.

I myself am a big History fan, so I naturally went to the rich history of the game to find cool facts that I'm finding and posting daily. With FHM2 have access to so many great modes (including those in the past), it seemed like a great place to start as well.

But now that I have gotten my new PC (a new MSI laptop if you were curious), I feel I can finally be on the forums as much as I want to be.

I have seen many people comment that they forums need to be..well, to borrow from Spirits post "kickstart"ed, I want to ask you what you want to see.

For my part, I'm still early into learning the game. I'm chronicling everything right now that I'm experiencing in what will be the first of at least 2 Blog posts going on the site (and likely videos as well) for a small "Getting Started" series.

But what would you like to see? What would you like to help me do?

Last edited by Adam B; 01-14-2016 at 12:46 AM.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:23 AM   #11
ike121212
All Star Reserve

Honestly, what people want to know is what's being worked on, other than bugs. There's been so many posts on substantive issues that aren't simply bugs, and very little interaction since release. I have no idea what they think it is working well, and what they are actively working on, or planning to address, in this version.

I'll challenge you to take over an NHL team, and just draft for it for 10 years. You'll see how the scouting is working, what the draft experience is like, and how the AI is handling players and your picks. It won't take long to see the type of core issues that I'm referring to firsthand, and keep me from playing.
ike121212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 01:08 PM   #12
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike121212 View Post
Honestly, what people want to know is what's being worked on, other than bugs. There's been so many posts on substantive issues that aren't simply bugs, and very little interaction since release. I have no idea what they think it is working well, and what they are actively working on, or planning to address, in this version.

I'll challenge you to take over an NHL team, and just draft for it for 10 years. You'll see how the scouting is working, what the draft experience is like, and how the AI is handling players and your picks. It won't take long to see the type of core issues that I'm referring to firsthand, and keep me from playing.
I'll second this mostly. The majority of the posters on these forums want to know what's happening behind the scenes. We own the game and we play it - or would like to play it. There's no need for us to read blogs about features or mechanics.

Rather, we know what features/mechanics don't work as desired. And I just get a chuckle when you promote the game with nice stories about famous historical players, while I have played enough FHM2 to know that way too often these star players sit around at home in their living room for years because the AI has problems managing their rosters/players/signings.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 08:04 PM   #13
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:

While I am not anywhere near 10 years in (still in my first year), I will be sure to make note of what I see come up. If there's a particular list you want to me look at, please send me a private message, and I will. I'm not on the development side, but I still like knowing as much as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post
I'll second this mostly. The majority of the posters on these forums want to know what's happening behind the scenes. We own the game and we play it - or would like to play it. There's no need for us to read blogs about features or mechanics.

Rather, we know what features/mechanics don't work as desired. And I just get a chuckle when you promote the game with nice stories about famous historical players, while I have played enough FHM2 to know that way too often these star players sit around at home in their living room for years because the AI has problems managing their rosters/players/signings.
I understand the frustration you must be feeling, but as I stated earlier, this has been a time of transition for the team.

I am not a developer, so I can't guarantee that all issues will be fixed, but I am listening, and reading. I will be bringing up community concerns with Jeff when I talk to him, to make sure he knows. If you have a list you would like to send, by all means please let me know (preferably by PM, but if you want to post here, I'm okay with that too).

This is a small team working on the game, and some things have priority over others. We may not be able to discuss every last detail on what's coming, but what we can, I will make sure we will. Please let it be known we appreciate that you care this much about the game and are working diligently to create a better playing experience for everyone.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:37 AM   #14
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Welcome to the Dragon's Den, Adam
Old 01-15-2016, 01:07 AM   #15
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:

Believe it or not, these are all things that EHM still struggles with to this day! It's understandable to ask for improvement on those items. I want it too, but AI is complex and takes multiple versions and years to build upon. OOTP still works on it each version and that's after 16 versions.

Now things like top line players being bought out and released is always something that they look at with each update - this was all due to teams capspace and I agree it is frustrating to see that stuff. Any sort of game immersion breaker is always noted. But even OOTP baseball typically does not say all the bugs, features etc will be addressed with the next update.

I encourage you to post screenshots, or better yet upload game saves indicating the bug or immersion breaking problems that you might find. That way it better documents any issues. Bugs, or what you or others consider major AI issues, are better documented when provided factual documentation (ex. Saved Games). That way the devs can bury into it and explore the causing factors. This is what us testers try to do as best we can.

However, as mentioned above, the issues identified are not lost. The developers just don't have the time to answer each and every post - I wish i was around to help answer, but the last month I have been quite busy myself with work and coaching.
Old 01-15-2016, 03:06 PM   #16
ike121212
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
Believe it or not, these are all things that EHM still struggles with to this day! It's understandable to ask for improvement on those items. I want it too, but AI is complex and takes multiple versions and years to build upon. OOTP still works on it each version and that's after 16 versions.

Now things like top line players being bought out and released is always something that they look at with each update - this was all due to teams capspace and I agree it is frustrating to see that stuff. Any sort of game immersion breaker is always noted. But even OOTP baseball typically does not say all the bugs, features etc will be addressed with the next update.

I encourage you to post screenshots, or better yet upload game saves indicating the bug or immersion breaking problems that you might find. That way it better documents any issues. Bugs, or what you or others consider major AI issues, are better documented when provided factual documentation (ex. Saved Games). That way the devs can bury into it and explore the causing factors. This is what us testers try to do as best we can.

However, as mentioned above, the issues identified are not lost. The developers just don't have the time to answer each and every post - I wish i was around to help answer, but the last month I have been quite busy myself with work and coaching.
I've played OOTP extensively since v2. I've seen the evolution of it's roster management. I'd certainly hope FHM is leveraging everything learned from OOTP. This is a $40 title under the OOTP label, the bar is set higher than EHM. I can't recall the last time I saw OOTP release a top prospect, but it's been years.

I've posted, in some detail, my experiences after sims. They were met with absolute silence.
ike121212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 05:11 PM   #17
tward13
All Star Starter

Yep, weird stuff happens after awhile in the historical leagues. I started one back in the beginning and stopped after a decade. Then I picked up at that point with a new game and it lasted about 20 seasons before good players start getting released and winning gets too easy.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 04:23 AM   #18
JeffR
FHM Producer

Weird coincidence: Adam happens to be from a little town in Manitoba that's a 20-minute drive from the little town my mom was from, and played in the same converted-schoolhouse arena my cousins grew up playing in.

Re: the roster AI, aside from the continuing work on the existing system, a big overhaul of that is going to be the main behind-the-scenes change in the next version of the game.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote