Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2015, 02:19 PM   #1
NateMorin
Bat Boy

Red face Consistency rating for goalies

Does a lower number mean a goalie is going to be more consistent or is a higher rating mean they will be more consistent?
NateMorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 05:47 PM   #2
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

Per JeffR's Game Systems post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Mental Attributes (Goalies)

Consistency: The likelihood of the player playing significantly better or worse than his usual performance. Higher consistency means a lot of average games, lower means a much higher percentage of big games and terrible ones. The total effects of this attribute will always be neutral over time - the good games will balance out with the bad ones. Goalie performance will be affected more significantly, up or down, than skater performance.
A low number signifies that you have a nut case who one any given night could be Patrick Roy or someone who should be in the ECHL. A high number is a goalie who is the embodiment of "if I can only let in 2 or 3 goals a game my team can win any night."

Last edited by BeanSobie; 03-04-2015 at 05:51 PM.
BeanSobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 01:37 AM   #3
Bruins86
Minors (Double A)

OK so this just gave me a though because i read somewhere where the consistently rating would balance out at the end of the season so two players with the same basic skillset would end up with the same relative point totals, it would just mean one had more great/bad games than the other who had all avg games.(obvious i am talking in a vacuum here so to speak)

So my question is if i were to edit two goalies and gave them basically the same attributes and put them on basically the same teams and they performed lets say around 2.00 gaa and 5 SO, and then i make one have a consistency of 20 and one at 10. the player with a ten constancy would post around the same numbers (GAA SV%) but wouldn't his shutout count be much higher due to more amazing games than the other goalie who would put in a good effort every night but didn't have those Amazing games.

I may just be over thinking this but i have always felt the nhl and its fans seem to think that having a high shutout count is great which it is but at the same time i feel like it just means that goalie is more inconsistant than his counterparts because if he is around the same amount stat wise in GAA and S% it just means he had more crap games in order for the stats to even out.
Again like i said i might just be overthinking this

Last edited by Bruins86; 03-08-2015 at 01:39 AM.
Bruins86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 09:47 AM   #4
BeanSobie
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins86 View Post
the nhl and its fans seem to think that having a high shutout count is great which it is but at the same time i feel like it just means that goalie is more inconsistant than his counterparts because if he is around the same amount stat wise in GAA and S% it just means he had more crap games in order for the stats to even out.
I never thought of it like that. I mean, obviously a shutout is good because it means a guaranteed win for the team. But if there were two goalies with the same stats and one had more shut outs, yes the other players would be more consistent and better option night in and night out.

In regards to your question: the players with the 20 consistency rating would post likely almost no shutouts. The player wither 10 would post and handful. And a player with 0 would post a ton of shutouts, to match a ton of 4+ GAA games.