Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2015, 10:49 AM   #1
TBiz
Major Leagues

In Quite The Spot

Alright so I was inspired after not playing FHM14 for over 6 months. So today I jumped back into the game. This time taking on the role as The Sinking Leafs GM. Now my entire focus in my first season was a complete make-over. What I thought would be a messy season with the roster I've built, to my surprise, 42 games into the season we sit in the 7th place for our conference, 4th in our division.

Here's a look at the team, after many moves to acquire young/draft picks/ rental players for the next season to build off of/ make some big signings.
Players Stats:

Goalie Stats:

Question is do I continue on and see if we can make a playoff push? Or should I continue with my rebuild... Looking for some ideas.
TBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 11:47 AM   #2
Nickphillies
All Star Reserve

I'd sit tight till you get closer to the deadline and see where you are at. Could always move assets at the draft too.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:59 PM   #3
Cole
Hall Of Famer

I'd give your head a shake that you even want to play as the Leafs ... just kidding

I would say try to remain competitive, but still don't pass up an opportunity to build for the future, as the team won't be good enough to win the Cup as it stands now.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:06 AM   #4
TBiz
Major Leagues

Haha I know Cole, I'm a Kings fan through thick and thin.
Games like these, I feel sorry for the underdogs

I ended up sticking with my rebuild plan. Closer to the deadline I got rid of Kessel away for what ended up being the 7th pick in the the first round of the draft. Also moved Lupul and a 2nd round pick for what ended up being the 2nd pick in the first round of the draft, and my lost move secured me the 16th pick in the first round and and J. Colborne.

We finished last in the end, so I had the 1st pick in the first round also securing a perfect rebuild so far. Added some free agents, and traded for Shea Weber and the return of Franson. So now my rosters keeping pace in the second season. Roster now looks like this and stats coming in near the end of Feb.

Toronto 2015 Roster:

Toronto Players Stats:

Toronto Goalie Stats:
Old 02-25-2015, 01:03 PM   #5
Nickphillies
All Star Reserve

I'm curious what you sent to Nashville for Weber, Jones and Forsberg.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:54 PM   #6
TBiz
Major Leagues

I can't remember off hand, but I traded for Jones and Forsberg at the begining of the first season. I know for sure that one had Franson and a second round pick in 2016 on hand.

Weber was added at the end of the year/offseason. I recall that one was for Franson/Weber in exchange for my first round in 2017 and something else. I can't recall.

But I can't even continue onto that game cause for the second time in two days it crashed. stating I was too under budget for my floor. so I went to trade to bring that value up, but says I can't afford having that player with 25M and 41M towards free agents and extentions and being apparently under the budget allowed to spend on my roster... Makes no sense to me.

Probably why I stopped playing this game in the first place