Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2014, 04:23 PM   #21
rlsimpson2
Minors (Single A)

This is a great deal, and I picked it up even though I already had the two OOTP games. My question is as I was adding the keys to activate the games I noticed a "add a non-steam game" option, and when I clicked it took me to my list of files on my computer that I could add. This maybe a silly question, but does this mean that I could add games that I didn't purchase through Steam to my Steam account? But they wouldn't be accessible everywhere like the games purchased through Steam are, correct?
rlsimpson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:13 AM   #22
itsmedave
Bat Boy

I bought it. Thanks for posting this.
itsmedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 02:21 PM   #23
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlsimpson2 View Post
This is a great deal, and I picked it up even though I already had the two OOTP games. My question is as I was adding the keys to activate the games I noticed a "add a non-steam game" option, and when I clicked it took me to my list of files on my computer that I could add. This maybe a silly question, but does this mean that I could add games that I didn't purchase through Steam to my Steam account? But they wouldn't be accessible everywhere like the games purchased through Steam are, correct?
Yeah, the non-Steam game thing just gives you the option of launching any game (or program) from the Steam client. It doesn't do much other than that, just gives you a convenient place to start all your games, and it'll show your Steam status as playing that game.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:52 AM   #24
glb2687
Minors (Single A)

I haven't purchased this as of yet but am just inquiring. Do we purchase and then select which games we want out of it? Since I already have FHM an OOTP I wont need them and don't want to overlay the ones I already have?

Thanks for any input.
glb2687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:17 AM   #25
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by glb2687 View Post
I haven't purchased this as of yet but am just inquiring. Do we purchase and then select which games we want out of it? Since I already have FHM an OOTP I wont need them and don't want to overlay the ones I already have?

Thanks for any input.
Nah, you get steam keys for all the games in the package. If you have the game, you just don't have to bother to enter the key in steam.

If you don't need a given game, you can always send the key to a friend as a gift.
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:42 AM   #26
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Thanks for any input.

Play (2) FHM and (2) OOTP games at the same time. I don't think there would be a problem. A developer would need too answer that.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:26 PM   #27
BradC
All Star Starter

I suppose you could run two copies of each game at the same time -- At the very least, I guess you would get an error.

But as Lukas said, you're free to do whatever you want with the keys for the games you already have, so give them away if you want.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:20 PM   #28
ra7c7er
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
We've found that the Humble Bundle with OOTP 14 did quite well for us and gave us a boost on Steam. I don't know how many people who bought that bundle will become customers, but we felt it was a worthwhile fishing expedition.

Same with this bundle. And since we only have one version of FHM out there, we had to use the current one if we wanted to put the game in more people's hands. Given the word of mouth that has happened, I'm sure there are some hockey fans who have bought that bundle to get FHM and check it out.

And if anyone wants to post the names of big hockey fans I should target, feel free to post them here or send me a PM. BTW, I'm referring to hockey fans who have large followings on Twitter or elsewhere, not web sites or journalists or people like Kevin Smith. (The actor Jay Baruchel is a big hockey fan and has had a copy of FHM since the Beta days.)
I did I bought 15 my very next paycheck after getting in the humble bundle.
ra7c7er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:21 PM   #29
ra7c7er
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Play (2) FHM and (2) OOTP games at the same time. I don't think there would be a problem. A developer would need too answer that.

Quote:

Thanks for any input.

You can give away the extra keys.

Last edited by ra7c7er; 08-28-2014 at 11:27 PM.
ra7c7er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 09:44 AM   #30
StatMan22
Minors (Single A)

Just to bump this-the bundle ends today so act quick if you want it. I got it yesterday as I've been curious about FHM and I've only played it a bit, but it's good enough for the first version that I'll almost certainly buy the next one when it comes out.

I will say this-OOTP14 and FHM are probably the cream of the crop in this bundle (especially OOTP), but the other games are a bit fun as well from the half hour or so I've played them-I hear good things about the Snooker game and Pool Nation as well. For any sports management junkie, this bundle is a must-buy.
StatMan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 02:48 PM   #31
sketchyt
Bat Boy

As someone who paid $30 for what is essentially a bad beta of FHM... this is what came to mind:

Thanks guys.

Last edited by sketchyt; 09-30-2014 at 02:50 PM.
sketchyt is offline   Reply With Quote