Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 04-23-2014, 12:57 PM   #21
howeandhowe
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm having the same problem too. I accidentally started a new thread about this too. Sorry about that.

As someone pointed about above, the problem is in the Available Funds Calculation: Proj. Budget Room minus Offered Contracts = Money For Free Agents. I kind of can make sense of where PBR (not the beer) comes from but OC (not the TV show) is a bit of a mystery. Anyone know how this is calculated? It seems to be connected to current player's salaries, I traded two of my larger salaried players to figure this out (they were under performing anyway). I wasn't paying attention to which figure changed but MFA lowered, but less than the difference of the trades.

Could OC be connected to unsigned RFAs? I have a few RFAs who were asking for outrageous contracts that bothered not to sign my offer sheets. Are their old contracts (or requested contracts) being accounted for in OC calculation? I did release one of these players to see if it had an impact but it didn't so I'm not sure that is what is going on. Every calculation is accounted for in the Finances tab but OC. How is this being calculated? How can I find out?

The other part of Finances that I can not figure out is Salary Cap Space Next. What does this amount refer to?
howeandhowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:32 PM   #22
howeandhowe
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm not sure if this is related to the finances or not. It seemed as soon as I was getting the negative figure in the Money for FA's I also had a problem with signing younger players who either had a rookie contract or were fresh draft picks. The first year of every contract of these players defaulted to $550,000 and could not be changed and also every contract defaulted to a 2-way deal that also could not be edited except for the contract amount.

This, of course, then made drafting useless because I could rarely get young players to agree to a contract. I suppose in the end this makes the game more difficult which is kind of cool, but also kind of frustrating.
howeandhowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:23 PM   #23
glb2687
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by howeandhowe View Post
I'm not sure if this is related to the finances or not. It seemed as soon as I was getting the negative figure in the Money for FA's I also had a problem with signing younger players who either had a rookie contract or were fresh draft picks. The first year of every contract of these players defaulted to $550,000 and could not be changed and also every contract defaulted to a 2-way deal that also could not be edited except for the contract amount.

This, of course, then made drafting useless because I could rarely get young players to agree to a contract. I suppose in the end this makes the game more difficult which is kind of cool, but also kind of frustrating.
It was mentioned earlier in this thread I believe....you can sign players in a situation like that for the time being if you are willing to dump a lot of money at the end of the contract. It will still say 550,000 for the 1st year but money can be averaged out by placing money at the last year. Temporary fix for the time being but God forbid seeing the finances go to you know what when all those contracts come due in the 3rd year. Temp only idea for now and I believe it has been said they are working on it.
glb2687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:41 PM   #24
Duranium
All Star Starter

As i mentioned in earlier threads, use 'ArtMoney' or offer backloaded contracts

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:54 AM   #25
moore4807
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelt View Post
sorry, i'm too lazy to explain
From the movie "We're the Miller's"

Drug Dealer - "Was that a d*ck move? I cant tell anymore..."

Yup!
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:30 PM   #26
Donquan
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelt View Post
There is workaround:
1.Download and install ArtMoney (or CheatEngine, or anything similar)
2.In FHM go to "Team menu" --> "Finances".
3.You need a value listed under "Available funds calculation" --> "Offered contracts". Write it down.
4.Search memory for "offered contracts" value using ArtMoney.
5.Edit the value to "0" (zero).
6.Enjoy your money back.
I don't even have a Team Menu file or Finances or Available Funds Calculation or any of that?
Donquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:15 PM   #27
kelt
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donquan View Post
I don't even have a Team Menu file or Finances or Available Funds Calculation or any of that?
Not file. Button in game.
kelt is offline   Reply With Quote