Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2013, 05:34 PM   #21
pancancerfightr
Bat Boy

I have an issue with the players that are being put on waivers. Here are some of the players waived since the start of the 13-14 season before the season started:

Derek Stepan
Victor Hedman
Marco Scandella
Brooks Orpik
Matt Carle
Valtteri Filppula
Teddy Purcell

And others who, as I wrote in my diary thread, would never be waived unless they pulled a Aaron Hernandez. Can this please be worked on for the next build? Also, Scandella has a cap hit of over 10 million dollars which isn't hardly the case. I know it's a work in progress, but knowing it's happening is why we are playing/testing the beta I assume.
pancancerfightr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:13 PM   #22
Peter-
Minors (Single A)

When will this be added in the game:
1. The Swedish-language?
2. All the logos and team-logos? Some of them aren't the right length and/or width.
3. Training for the players?
4. More realistic player attributes? Do you work with the SHL- and Allsvenskan-player attributes and their potential and so on until the release-version?
5. More complete player and team data (contract length, team budgets, team owner information, the team coaches)? Some are really wrong.
6. Players in the right team (for example; Sebastian Enterfeldt plays in Brynäs IF now, not in Luleå Hockey anymore).

Not before the release-version I suppose?
Peter- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:21 PM   #23
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

are there still plans to update the interface still?

I find myself clicking a lot to navigate to certain areas when spaces are left blank and would save those clicks. Overall the word i'd use is tedious, and it really is too bad because things are really starting to take shape.

For example the player profile screen, to view his rights I have to select contract when in the main "profile" tab there is a ton of wasted space on the bottom left corner.

And simming the playoffs, half the screen is blank.

This is one of those things ootp lacks behind big time compared to a game like FM which uses the space on the screen much more effectively but at the same time cannot feel overwhelming. I really hope it will be something continually tweaked as there are certain areas of it that need more drastic changes. Then again, if those were done in a second version I wouldn't complain too much

I have some suggestions if you'd like to hear otherwise i'll let it ride for now.

Last edited by dave1927p; 08-04-2013 at 07:51 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #24
Peter-
Minors (Single A)

Error (the game is been closed) when I looked at my first game against Växjö Lakers in SHL. Some minutes into the first period. You recognice this anyone?
Peter- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #25
Oren Djoos
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Why is so much time being spent on historical play, fantasy leagues, etc. when there are still major issues with the game engine, interface, AI management and no plans for online league support (which would make the AI part irrelevant) until after release? The priorities seem to be out of whack considering it is no longer months before release, and it's seriously making me re-consider my pre-order. I pre-ordered because it looked like the game was close to functional back in May but progress seems quite slow since then.

I mean why should I care that I can play a 13-14 NHL season, WHA game or a 1967 start if the AI if the interface is equally bad and the AI equally incompetent in all three settings?

And just to clarify, the interface changes are an improvement, but the huge amounts of wasted space at high resolution are still an issue. Is anyone playing this game at 800x600 or 1024x768 anyways?

Last edited by Oren Djoos; 08-04-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Oren Djoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #26
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren Djoos View Post
Why is so much time being spent on historical play, fantasy leagues, etc. when there are still major issues with the game engine, interface, AI management and no plans for online league support (which would make the AI part irrelevant) until after release? The priorities seem to be out of whack considering it is no longer months before release, and it's seriously making me re-consider my pre-order. I pre-ordered because it looked like the game was close to functional back in May but progress seems quite slow since then.

I mean why should I care that I can play a 13-14 NHL season, WHA game or a 1967 start if the AI if the interface is equally bad and the AI equally incompetent in all three settings?
Because I like Fictional Leagues.

If you don't like the game.see if you can get your money back.

Nothing is going to be perfect. Especially the first time around. Takes time to get everything perfected. As long as OOTP has been around,doesn't mean that a game will crash here and there.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 08-04-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #27
Primis
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I clicked on "Custom Game" from the main menu and I immediately get the dreaded popup error stating "Error! Invalid database version". Windows 7 Pro x64.

I released the license and am trying the full uninstall and reinstall.

This is not a good thing, that this is still a problem guys. I have almost nothing in the way of saves of data files or anything even. I don't know what there is to corrupt.

EDIT/UPDATE: It worked, it doesn't crash now in clicking on Custom Game. I had to try authenticating the license key 3 times though to get it to go through.
Primis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:25 PM   #28
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

Update looks nice, great work!

One little thing I would like to see added to the UI, line-height or padding-tops.
It's not readable, give the content-/data a little bit more breathing space.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:41 PM   #29
goat10
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
You really are a goat if you paid that! Might have to bit the bullet and ask your team owner to write a cheque to buy him out one day.
managed to convince a few to join a swedish team on the same deal
goat10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:49 PM   #30
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat10 View Post
managed to convince a few to join a swedish team on the same deal
haha I tried to sign Selänne and he wanted 7,000,000 to play for the maple leafs. I must learn you hard sell program, we will need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren Djoos View Post

And just to clarify, the interface changes are an improvement, but the huge amounts of wasted space at high resolution are still an issue. Is anyone playing this game at 800x600 or 1024x768 anyways?
yea, I play 1680x1050. The wasted space is the same for ootp. I play with one conference in it and the entire right side during simulation is blank, at least fhm is better already in that respect.

Last edited by dave1927p; 08-04-2013 at 08:53 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #31
Oren Djoos
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
haha I tried to sign Selänne and he wanted 7,000,000 to play for the maple leafs. I must learn you hard sell program, we will need it.
Try signing Brunner instead; he accepted a 1,000,000 1-year offer and the game rounded it down to $0.
Oren Djoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:29 PM   #32
goat10
Bat Boy

the teemu deal, im assuming its a bug

umm, ignore ricky gervais, not sure what happened there sorry
goat10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:10 PM   #33
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackhawksRule View Post
Cant start an historical game. Tells me invalid database version
just reinstall the update. It will fix it at least it did for me.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:37 AM   #34
tfong
Minors (Single A)

Are the new game systems of aging, retirement etc implemented in this patch?
tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:18 AM   #35
croatian
All Star Starter

In full version of the game, will be possible to post news on FB and Twitter, like in OOTP 14 ? It would be so cool feature
croatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:28 AM   #36
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Is the entry draft not enabled in historical play yet? I don't seem to see it in the events but wasn't on your list of items still required, Jeff.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:28 AM   #37
croatian
All Star Starter

I dont know if it is a bug or what, but in off season (fictional league) my whole team was angry because of "unsufficient playing time" ?
croatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #38
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Trading in NHL still isn't fixed because no Blockbuster Trades are happening by the Computer.
Know if started date was 8-3.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #39
johnhannibalsmith
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcblcommish View Post
It wasn't that small. 16 team league was what it was and all players 5 stars?
I started a league of the same size and had the same scenario. I only made it a day or so into regular season before it crashed, but even the FA that I scouted all seemed to be five star "franchise" players.
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #40
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Haven't played this is a few versions. The new in game screen is decent but why does it not have the option to quick sim the rest of the game. The PBP needs lots of work, after a goal it would be nice for the PBP to announce who scored and who assisted and at what time (like a real PA announcer)

why is there no option to view the report/box score in-game?

I realize there are more pressing issues than these, but to me, the in-game screen feels very tedious and not worth using.