Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 12-21-2001, 06:07 PM   #1
scuddles
Bat Boy

Post I would like to join an online ootp3 league...

But I'm too lazy to do research on which leagues are well-established, have active owners, have availability, etc. I only wish to be involved in GM-only leagues however - entire regular and postseason games simmed by the commish (no playing at my end, just GM duties like trading, signing FAs, etc).

Also, I'm wondering if there are any fantasy ootp3 leagues out there - either rotiserrie or head-to-head. That would be fun to join too .
scuddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2001, 07:14 AM   #2
InfamousMP
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Are you one of those owners (and if I am putting someone down, good.) who just is in a league (or seven) to send in line-ups, make trades, and look at stats? If you are, please go to another league.

But if you take a real interest in your team and write up some nice news stories, someone who knows the league and follows it, not just their team and likes to get involved, I might just know of a good league for you.

CDL: Seattle Mariners

FAST: Tampa Bay Devil Rays

DBLC: Texas Rangers
InfamousMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2001, 11:24 AM   #3
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

IMO, if you're too lazy to research leagues for yourself and want someone to tell you which leagues are good to join, then maybe, just maybe, you wouldnt be that good of an owner. Laziness isnt a real good trait to have if you are required to submitlineups two or three times per week, plus return trade inquiries. Maybe you should create a solo league and have fun at home alone. Don't take me wrong, Im not cutting you down. Just seems funny to me that you say "I'm too lazy", but want to be in a league that, by nature, requires participation.
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 06:43 PM   #4
LedgerSko
All Star Starter

Check our site

<a href="http://members.tripod.com/nbsl_hq/" target="_blank">http://members.tripod.com/nbsl_hq/</a>

Scott
LedgerSko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 09:57 AM   #5
Specs
All Star Starter

[quote]Originally posted by Cooleyvol:
<strong>IMO, if you're too lazy to research leagues for yourself and want someone to tell you which leagues are good to join, then maybe, just maybe, you wouldnt be that good of an owner.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Amen to that. I spent about four weeks on the message boards and another two researching leagues before I waited for an opening in one of three leagues that I had chosen. When my father's boyhood team came up in the CDL I pounced on them.

When you don't know how an online league works, or when you haven't fully read the rules of the league you wish to join, you may make a mistake and be out as soon as you were in. We had a couple problems with this recently in the CDL. I am a junior owner there, but Matt can tell you that when I'm home (not often), I'm fairly active and I try to be the best owner possible.

I do more than look at stats, and trust me, there are owners in multiple leagues who do this. I made this mistake once, and it spat in my face.

OK, long rant, sorry.

My point is, if you don't know the rules of (a) an online league in general or (b) the online league you join, or if you don't know how solid the owner base is (look at Mark's leagues and ask him about the turnover--there are about 500 people who would die to take over a GDBA team), then don't participate.

If you do join a league, then make sure that you are a solid owner like Brian Marshall (probably the most dedicated GM I've ever seen in my life) of the CDL or one of the owners who writes news articles or someone who at least sends lineups (guilty myself of not doing this).

It's owners, not the commish, who keep a league together (apology to all you commissioners, I respect what you do and couldn't do it myself--I tried!).

Oh, and another thing - Cooley, were you the one who failed to re-sign Palmer to the Cards and then up and left the CDL? That and McNally's injury have plagued me my entire tenure.

Quote:
Originally posted by Markus Heinsohn
Specs, your avatar made my day... damn human emotion chip
Specs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 10:55 AM   #6
LivnLegend
Hall Of Famer

I have to agree with Cooley and Jerry. I wouldn't think about jumping into a league without checking it out and asking the commish some questions. I had OOTP a few months before jumping into a league and am glad I did. The first league I did join has been a great one and I am not afraid to pimp for the PSBL, even if it embarrasses the humble commish
Of course with the solid group of GMs we seem to have, the league doesn't need the extra exposure (i.e. new recruits) but it's still fun to brag