Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 07-15-2008, 07:37 AM   #21
bp_
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
The simming stops on the 1st Thurs, leaving a whole weekend for trade talk.
I realize that and I still think it will suffer because you are relying on that to work for 20+ people. If someone is out of town they miss out. With slightly less sims you build in a little more time for owners to make deals. Just an observation.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:41 AM   #22
Skywalker76
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp_ View Post
I realize that and I still think it will suffer because you are relying on that to work for 20+ people. If someone is out of town they miss out. With slightly less sims you build in a little more time for owners to make deals. Just an observation.
Honestly in the NABL (the league which was similar and most of us were part of) there was much more trading than in most other leagues I was. The reason is that more blockbuster trades took place since owners would't be so cautious about doing a big trade. Like I said before if rebuilding only takes 1-2 month of real time you might rather do something risky than in a league were a risky move could cost you one year in real time.
Skywalker76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:38 PM   #23
bp_
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker76 View Post
Honestly in the NABL (the league which was similar and most of us were part of) there was much more trading than in most other leagues I was. The reason is that more blockbuster trades took place since owners would't be so cautious about doing a big trade. Like I said before if rebuilding only takes 1-2 month of real time you might rather do something risky than in a league were a risky move could cost you one year in real time.
Hadn't thought about that...

I'm interested in the league if it gets off the ground.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:11 AM   #24
scprideandms
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Grassi View Post
I agree with Eric. The old NABL run by Dean Gordon was awesome. My team stunk for the first 8 years of the league then I went on a run of winning 4 titles in 6 seasons, all within 1 calendar year!
I agree with Pete I lvoed that league. PBRL not quite as fast, but close and I love it~!!!!

If you keep on doing what you've always done you'll keep on gitting what you've always gotten.
scprideandms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:25 AM   #25
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

The only thing on the scene like this right is the Front Office Offseason League (FOOL) which is run on the FOFC boards.

We run a season a week and we're heading into our 10th season this weekend.

Quote:
Monday: Last chance to resign your own players, Sim to start of free agency
Tues night: Sim to December 1st (Trade window begins from tonight's sim)
Wednesday night: Sim to pre-season, Draft lists available. (March 1st)
Thursday night: Trade deadline, Draft is conducted, Run Spring Training (no fatigue on), sim to opening day (trade window ends)
Friday night: Last chance to export (set lineups/depth charts, last chance to export before start of new season)
Saturday-Sunday: Season simmed.
The only real difference is that we run with fictional teams, rather than real life teams. But other than that, it's got the same idea. And no draft slotting or anything, we try to keep it simple.

You all would like it and the guy who started this thread is an active member...just something to think about.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:59 PM   #26
Buccaneer44
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm very interested - if you still have availability. My AIM is Buccneers44 or you can email me @ liebergfamily@charter.net
Buccaneer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:12 PM   #27
Ekcut
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud4579 View Post
The only thing on the scene like this right is the Front Office Offseason League (FOOL) which is run on the FOFC boards.

We run a season a week and we're heading into our 10th season this weekend.

The only real difference is that we run with fictional teams, rather than real life teams. But other than that, it's got the same idea. And no draft slotting or anything, we try to keep it simple.

You all would like it and the guy who started this thread is an active member...just something to think about.
The FOOL league is a great league that is even faster than the league I am proposing. 1 season every week. Off season takes 5 days, season simmed in 1 day (thats right) and the playoffs in one day. There is still TONS of trading and it is the ultimate dynasty challenge. For a fulltime OOTPer you can't beat it!!

I'm looking at a little bit more control in this league, but without losing the dynasty appeal.
Once you go fast, you'll have a blast! Ok, that was brutal, and I promise to never do it again.

I have my PC issues resolved and this project is greenlighted!!!!

I have had alot of interest and will have no problem filling this league. Once we have a forum in place, I will officially start recruiting.
Rules mentioned in the original email are not written in stone, as I have received several good suggetions that I think will improve the league.
I will write up a constitution and post that ASAP as well as get the league file ready.
Stay tuned...

Oh....how does "Everyday Hereos Dynasty League" sound?
Old 08-05-2008, 06:11 PM   #28
bigargon
Bat Boy

it sounds like a cool idea..i would be interested...please PM on this site when you get things rolling
bigargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:26 PM   #29
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

ekcut is a great member, I know he'll be a great commish too! If I had time for another league, I'd be in for sure.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 11:58 PM   #30
King of Kings
Minors (Single A)

I'm definately interested in this and would be willing to co-commish with you to insure that all sims are ran daily.
King of Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:24 PM   #31
Ekcut
Minors (Double A)

The Everyday Heroes Dynasty League (EHDL) is ready to start recruiting.

Visit the recently created forum, read the rules, join the forum and fire me off a PM if interested.