Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss Out of the Park Developments' games, web site, downloads, research and anything else related to OOTP Developments.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:14 PM   #81
scprideandms
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrack View Post
i think those of us that prefer 6.5 are just going to have to accept that ootp is no longer the same game we love. they have made the decision to move to a far more complicated game than I (and others like me) are in the market for. and thats ok, its a business decision. we will just have to make a personal decision to find another product or stick with the old one. to keep hoping that things will go back to the way we like is folly.
jazzrack............HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!!!!!

If you keep on doing what you've always done you'll keep on gitting what you've always gotten.
scprideandms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:51 PM   #82
JoseRijo
Minors (Double A)

I'll just add my opinion.
I started at ootp 6, and bought 6.5 because of some of the changes, and I did really love the user interface, but there were so many exploits to get around proper roster management that drove me nuts. I hated 2006, but 2007 has really changed my mind on the new product line. I am very optimistic about the new version because they did clearly listen to those of us who have made suggestions and bug reports during the 2006/2007 conversion and with miscellaneous patches. Honestly it amazes me how much 2007 improved on 2006. And while the UI is still clumsy at times, the bookmarking really makes typical tasks pretty simple for me.

OOTP is an awesome product and I think the reason we get so emotional about this stuff is it is so close to perfection. I mean, after playing BBMogul again I realize how good OOTP really is.

--- Side note---
Also, the guy who was talking about microsoft having multiple versions of windows sarcastically should know that microsoft for a long time DID do exactly that, with the NT/2K/XP line of OS and the 3.1/95/98/ME line. Both sold very well, but early on the NT line was too resource intense for normal PCs and 95 wasnt stable enough for business use. Eventually, the two were able to be merged into one product line, but between the first version of NT and the first of XP (thats the point the dos based line essentially died) was something like 8 years.
JoseRijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:06 PM   #83
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Rumor Mill like at mlbtraderumors.com and not like in NHL Eastside Hockey Manager. Like Sean Dyson is reporting that the Mets are willing to give up Reyes,Gomez,Sanchez,Sosa,Maine to the Twins for Santana and Nathan and John Hampson is reporting that Twins want more in the deal before the accept that kind of Trade offer also like Mitch Alton is reporting the Dodgers,Cubs and Angels are in on Santana.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:49 PM   #84
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
Rumor Mill like at mlbtraderumors.com and not like in NHL Eastside Hockey Manager. Like Sean Dyson is reporting that the Mets are willing to give up Reyes,Gomez,Sanchez,Sosa,Maine to the Twins for Santana and Nathan and John Hampson is reporting that Twins want more in the deal before the accept that kind of Trade offer also like Mitch Alton is reporting the Dodgers,Cubs and Angels are in on Santana.
Some more Deep thoughts in run-on sentences by mgom27
Old 01-16-2008, 06:56 PM   #85
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
The scransons above your heads are now ready to flange. Please unfasten your safety belts and press the emergency photoscamps on the back of the seats in front of you.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:11 PM   #86
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
The scransons above your heads are now ready to flange. Please unfasten your safety belts and press the emergency photoscamps on the back of the seats in front of you.
Ground control to Major Tom.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:22 PM   #87
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, just let 'em go, becuause man, they're gone.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:45 PM   #88
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:55 PM   #89
endgame
Hall Of Famer

I'll call it. Time of death: 9:54pm
Old 01-17-2008, 12:59 AM   #90
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

I was sorely tempted to reprise Samuel L. Jackson's great line from Pulp Fiction here, but sense and decency have instead prevailed.

Old 01-17-2008, 04:28 AM   #91
bababui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
Some more Deep thoughts in run-on sentences by mgom27
Yet still a great idea. If there is an OOTP HoF mgom is a first balloter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny P. View Post
Try to rob me at gun point, I'll just kick your ass. No cops needed!
bababui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:43 AM   #92
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
I was sorely tempted to reprise Samuel L. Jackson's great line from Pulp Fiction here, but sense and decency have instead prevailed.
Unfortunately, over here it hasn't

There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you. I been sayin' that **** for years. And if you ever heard it, it meant your ass. I never really questioned what it meant. I thought it was just a cold-blooded thing to say to a mother****er before you popped a cap in his ass. But I saw some **** this mornin' made me think twice. Now I'm thinkin': it could mean you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr. 9mm here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness. Or it could be you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that **** ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:49 AM   #93
bababui
Hall Of Famer

Its hard to be tough when John Travolta is in the scene tough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny P. View Post
Try to rob me at gun point, I'll just kick your ass. No cops needed!
bababui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:40 AM   #94
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxford View Post
Unfortunately, over here it hasn't

There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you. I been sayin' that **** for years. And if you ever heard it, it meant your ass. I never really questioned what it meant. I thought it was just a cold-blooded thing to say to a mother****er before you popped a cap in his ass. But I saw some **** this mornin' made me think twice. Now I'm thinkin': it could mean you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr. 9mm here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness. Or it could be you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that **** ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd.
Actually I was thinking of the one about English.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:56 AM   #95
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
And now for something completely different!!!
Old 01-17-2008, 09:06 AM   #96
JasonBonham
Minors (Double A)

Ooooh, I need a dirty woman.
Ooooh, I need a dirty girl.

JasonBonham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:58 AM   #97
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

I bet during medieval times, one of the most common questions for catapult makers was "How come it doesn't shoot farther?" "Sorry, that's as far as it shoots"
Old 01-18-2008, 03:18 PM   #98
Nukester
All Star Starter

This game needs more shrubbery
Nukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:06 AM   #99
Jestre
All Star Reserve

Fascinating thread, at least til this page.... I commish the longest running league in OOTP history, the MLBCentury. We started with OOTP2 in 2000 simming 1905 and are now simming 1966. We sucessfully advanced from OOTP2 to OOTP3 to OOTP4 etc... up til 6.5. We are still using 6.5 and will continue to do so til the league folds. Twice I have polled the league as to whether they want to switch over to 2007/8 etc. Both times all but 3 or 4 owners wanted to stick with 6.5 and the 3-4 were open to either choice. Also if we had switched to 2007/8 we would have lost a number of owners... I too share all the reservations about the versions that came after 6.5 that Cooley expressed....I commish the MLBC and I play historical solo and that is it. I also feel that 6.5 was the pinnacle of OOTP. If 6.5 had the option to turn off player developement and to use the historical player adjustments that can be done in 1 or 3 year increments I would never stop playing 6.5. Personnally I believe 6.5 came one version short of being a true classic.

I have never felt 'comfortable' with 2007 never bought or played 2006 and am not sure if I will buy 2008. I have reached the point that several others have expressed, if OOTP can put out a version that returns the game to the ease and feel of 6.5 I will spend my money, if not then I can be very patient.

OOTP6.5 was a brilliant combination of a very in depth baseball game with a simplistic and user friendly interface, everything was quite easy for all to understand and mod whether you were a computer genius or computer idiot like me.

You guys that are ignoring the numbers Cooley produced regarding the traffic on this site are just fooling yourselves. OOTP has lost a lot since the advent of 2006 and unless Markus and Co bring back what made OOTP so accessible and appealing to so many of us then OOTP's future is murky...
Old 01-19-2008, 01:10 PM   #100
sporr
Global Moderator

It's interesting that so many league commissioners are mentioning how well they like 6.5. I've found that OOTP 2007/8 is MUCH easier to manage from a commissioner point of view. Many tasks that had to be done manually in the past are handled automatically by the game. It has cut down on "maintenance" time considerably in my league.
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote