Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 06-22-2006, 10:09 PM   #1
Kyros
All Star Reserve

HELP!!!! All-Star game not setting on the date I chose it to.

I have tried on a number of times to choose to have the All-Star game set on July 13th. My league starts in 1940 and it ALWAYS goes back to July 1st -------- NO MATTER what I change it to. I go to a different screen and then come back to the set-up screen where you can set the all-star game but it doesn't stick. This really.....really sucks. I will posta screen shot of my settings for "options" screen in the set-up area of the game. You will also notice that the all-star game is now already set for June22nd 1941. Heh! I have no idea why since I used the converter ([IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/KYROS%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/showthread.php?t=121664) < found in that link just fine and followed every step. So basically I have no idea when my all-stat league is going to be or if I will even have one after speninf over 3 hours setting this league up.

What should I do here?I am totally stuck man. Totally. Do I install 6.5 back in and use Stickware to create a schedule and then convert it? If so, will OOTPB2006 still use the conerted schedule if the game has already been started? Anf what I mean by started is that I have done nothing in terms of moves, drafts, ect. I have only been adding ballparks, dimetions, ect to set it all up before I start my league which I plan on doing this weekend. I will be saving this as a template.
Attached Images

Last edited by Kyros; 06-25-2006 at 05:00 PM.
Kyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:43 PM   #2
Carplos
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
The only way I've been able to get the correct all-star date is on creation, after that it seems your OOL currently. I posted something about it in a schedule thread (or someone else did, I don't remember...) and (I believe) gmo responded that the user couldn't select it ATM. I don't know if it has a TT# or anything so you might want to post it in technical support to be sure.
Carplos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:48 PM   #3
Kyros
All Star Reserve

Well, this just sucks. Does this mean I won't get an all-star game or should I just set it to where the game schedules it automatically? I just spend 4 hours setting up my league with ballpark, logos, colors, ect....

Old 06-22-2006, 10:49 PM   #4
Carplos
Hall Of Famer

Unless you turn the all-star game off, you'll get one, it'll just happen when the game set it to.

I'm hoping this is something fixed in the patch, but like I said, I'm not sure it even has a TT#.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:05 PM   #5
Kyros
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carplos
Unless you turn the all-star game off, you'll get one, it'll just happen when the game set it to.

I'm hoping this is something fixed in the patch, but like I said, I'm not sure it even has a TT#.
Right now I am using the converter to set my leagues schedule and that isn't even working. I am mean, every team in my league is getting the same exact day off all the time. How can you tell, via the schedule, when the all-star game is going to be? Thanks.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:09 PM   #6
Carplos
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Right now I am using the converter to set my leagues schedule and that isn't even working. I am mean, every team in my league is getting the same exact day off all the time.
If it doesn't recognize the schedule you're attempting to use on creation, you'll have to import in manually from the edit schedule screen. Although that doesn't seem to solve the All-Star game issue.

Quote:
How can you tell, via the schedule, when the all-star game is going to be? Thanks.
You can look at the schedule grid (option under edit schedule) and look for 3 days off in a row for every team.

If you uncheck "Automatically Schedule All-Star Game," as in your pic, it should default to the date it scheduled it for you (and will revert to if you change it and leave the tab.)
Old 06-22-2006, 11:47 PM   #7
Kyros
All Star Reserve

where is the edit schedule screen? Thank you.

edit: I found out there the edit button was for schedules but I get this error now if I try to import a schedule;

"XML Parsing Error" (invalid token at line 3)

Man, this is getting really frsutrating. All my teams play at the same time, on the same day....

Last edited by Kyros; 06-23-2006 at 12:22 AM.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:16 AM   #8
Carplos
Hall Of Famer

I don't know anything about the error, but you might ask in the schedules section under the mod forum. If you post the schedule file you're trying to import they may be able help.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:44 AM   #9
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

I posted in the thead in the Mods>Schedules forum, but try enabling the "Auto-Schedule All-Star Game" option and then see if you can set the game's date.

Just using the "Hold All-Star Game" option is intended for cases where the All-Star Game date is specified in the schedule file. The date is then taken automatically taken from the schedule file and overrides any date you might manually enter in.

Last edited by Le Grande Orange; 06-23-2006 at 01:45 AM.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:08 PM   #10
Zeyes
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange
I posted in the thead in the Mods>Schedules forum, but try enabling the "Auto-Schedule All-Star Game" option and then see if you can set the game's date.
No, enabling that option makes the date combo boxes go away, so that's not it. As far as I can tell, it's supposed to work like this:

"Hold" disabled: no ASG

"Hold" enabled, "Auto-Schedule" disabled: for imported schedules that come with a scheduled ASG game (this worked, but only for a year or two, as I've mentioned before), or for scheduling the ASG manually (this seems pretty broken, as the combo boxes don't seem to hold any changes, again see my linked post***).

"Hold" enabled, "Auto-Schedule" enabled: to have the game break into a schedule (imported or auto-created, doesn't matter) and schedule the ASG itself...if an imported schedule comes with a pre-defined ASG, this option should be doing nothing even if it's activated (I think this is working as designed).

*** In addition to that post - In fact, it doesn't even seem to work properly when creating a new game...I had "Hold" enabled and "Auto-Schedule" disabled, and set the date to June 15th, and the ASG break (in a game-created schedule) showed up on 5/28 to 5/30. ...the heck? It seems pretty clear that the game decides to break into the schedule on its own even if the user supplies a date for the ASG. I mean, that's what the combo boxes supposedly are for, no?

Last edited by Zeyes; 06-23-2006 at 01:09 PM.
Zeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:45 PM   #11
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

I want to dig into this but my computer has been giving me fits lately (it's locking up more often than a prison guard) so I haven't been able to do much of anything. Also, gmo is more familiar with this particular area but I think work has been keeping him too busy of late to do much checking of the boards.

Can you try simming a copy of your league ahead to see when the All-Star Game shows up in the current as well as future seasons?
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 12:53 PM   #12
Zeyes
All Star Reserve

dola,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyes
In addition to that post - In fact, it doesn't even seem to work properly when creating a new game...I had "Hold" enabled and "Auto-Schedule" disabled, and set the date to June 15th, and the ASG break (in a game-created schedule) showed up on 5/28 to 5/30. ...the heck? It seems pretty clear that the game decides to break into the schedule on its own even if the user supplies a date for the ASG. I mean, that's what the combo boxes supposedly are for, no?
Strange that I didn't realize it before...the problems seems to be that the date combo boxes don't seem to work even during the original set-up. So, right after I changed them to 6/15, they must have reverted back to 7/1, and then the game apparently decided that wasn't a good ASG date for my season (because it was a pretty short one, 90 games or so), so it moved it up to 5/29.

At any rate, this seems like a simple problem with the combo box not interacting properly with the rest of the game (or perhaps the combos not being queried for user input to begin with). If that's fixed, I suspect many other problems with strange ASG dates being auto-scheduled will disappear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange
Can you try simming a copy of your league ahead to see when the All-Star Game shows up in the current as well as future seasons?
I had to set up a new one, but it looks similar to what I observed before:

2006: Opening day 5/04, ASG 8/08
2007: Opening day 5/10, ASG 8/08
2008: Opening day 5/08, ASG 8/08
etc. etc.

The schedule (start date 5/04 or later, start on a Thursday) gets moved around correctly, but the ASG date gets stuck, even though the schedule file sets the date relatively to Opening Day (allstar_game_day="97" in this case).

As I've mentioned before, manually importing the same schedule again seems to work correctly, and fixes the ASG problem...I've just done that in the 2009 off-season, and I got an ASG on 2009/8/11 as it should be. However, if I let it go on automatically from that, now the ASG date is stuck on 8/11. It looks to me that the problem is that the ASG date simply doesn't get recalculated at all for a new season when the old schedule is re-used. Shouldn't be hard to fix, I imagine.

At any rate, the work-around right now is to re-import the schedule each offseason, but at the price of having the same team pairings each year, because the team id randomizer doesn't kick in now. I'd rather see the ASG scheduling fixed.
Zeyes is offline   Reply With Quote