Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - New to the Game?

OOTP 20 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 01-15-2020, 04:52 AM   #1
Krillo
Minors (Single A)

Declining ratings

Hi,
Am playing with all the standard settings and I have an expert scout and I max out my scouting budget and development but I still find one thing very bothering.
It’s that I feel that all my best players ratings always decline to early. I know aging will have an effect but what am meaning is that when I check a player rating or go thru the development it’s alway negativ. I never get positively surprised that a 3 star starter starts to go up to let’s say 4,5 stars. It’s always the opposite.
To make it clear am talking about starters that been that for 2-4 seasons between 24-29 age with good stats. guys that I should have a good picture of.
What’s bothering me is that somewhere around here its big money time and I just feel that every single time after I extend them they start to drop in ratings and performance.
Do you guys have any tips and tricks? I don’t want to mess it up by adjusting the aging settings so that I have 50y old guys playing
Why is it always that a maxed out good player start to decline and never a average guy just gets a talent boost and gains 1,5 stars?
Krillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 03:24 PM   #2
Brad K
Hall Of Famer

Is this real players or game created players?
Brad K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 08:53 AM   #3
Krillo
Minors (Single A)

Its real players. I started a standard game but am 6-7 seasons in to the save. I’ve been playing around with the scouting accuracy and noticed that my scout is high on all my players compared to 100% accuracy. I just don’t understand the mechanics and thought that you get 100% accuracy in your own players after you had them in the team for let’s say 2 full seasons.
I’ve also noticed that my scout is never wrong in the opposite direction that he gives a player worse ratings than he’s actual ratings, he always thinks a player is better than he actually are.
Krillo is offline   Reply With Quote