Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 12-22-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Contract Bug

Offering a contract to an angry player (just to see what would happen) and I stumbled upon this bug:

But I didn't think he was on waivers:

PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:18 PM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

I don't see a problem.

1. Why would you offer a contract to a player who doesn't require one?

2. Why would you offer a contract to a player on waivers, given that he could be picked up by another team?

Last edited by Bluenoser; 12-22-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:30 PM   #3
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

uggghh....My point is that he's NOT on waivers, yet it is saying I cannot offer him a contract because he is. You have to look before you simply just challenge anything and everything I might say or suggest. Not sure why you are, but you seem to have an issue with anything I present here.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:49 PM   #4
EKomrska15
All Star Starter

hit finish day and see if you still get this issue.
EKomrska15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:50 PM   #5
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

He cleared waivers, but has he actually been removed from the waiver wire?

I understand you get touchy with those who don't agree with your every inuation of a problem. I'm trying to point out some obvious things here. Relax.

I'll skip all further posts by you and save us both the grief.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:06 PM   #6
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Sorry...I had placed him on waivers about a week or so ago, so that's why I feel it's an issue. In the screens above it also states he had cleared waivers.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:51 PM   #7
RchW
Hall Of Famer

It's clearly not a bug. Would a real GM do this?

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:04 PM   #8
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Do what?
Old 12-22-2011, 09:14 PM   #9
Marinersfan51
All Star Reserve

He is still on waivers, even though he has cleared, you have to remove him from waivers, it should let you do that, to offer him a contract.
Marinersfan51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:19 PM   #10
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
Do what?
Offer a contract to a player he just put on waivers. I thought you were all about a realistic GM experience.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 12-22-2011, 09:54 PM   #11
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

but he has cleared waivers...what are you talking about? I was testing the game actually to see what his reaction would be to a contract offer since he's so angry. But that doesn't take away from the fact that he's cleared waiver, and is currently on a minor league roster. Why shouldn't I be able to offer a contract? If you look at the screen shots, it's plain to see he has already cleared waivers, and on a minor league roster.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:57 PM   #12
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Is the player on your 40-man roster? If not I don't think you can offer him a ML contract.
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:00 PM   #13
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

No, he's not..but the problem is that I cannot offer ANY kind of contract. When I hit the "offer extension" button, the message saying I can't offer a player on waivers a contract comes right up, with no options to change the contract type. This is clearly a bug.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:05 PM   #14
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Here it is again:

Old 12-22-2011, 10:06 PM   #15
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

It appears to be a problem with any players who has been on waivers...even if they cleared long ago. This needs to be fixed, as it's pretty serious I think.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:20 PM   #16
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

I found a temporary workaround for now, but it also raises a new question. If I remove all players who have ever cleared waivers from the "waivers" section of the "Transactions Screen" (waivers & DFA) I can then offer the players' contracts. The AI however does not do this. It allows all players who have ever cleared waivers to sit there. (which shouldn't be a problem, but now is for some reason) So my question is: Would an AI team be able to offer contracts' to these players if it wanted to?
Old 12-22-2011, 10:36 PM   #17
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

I have now even used commissioner mode to act as another team and offer a player who has cleared waivers a contract..same problem. I hope we can get this fixed. I don't remember this being present in the past.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:11 PM   #18
falkonisback
All Star Reserve

Personally, I think that a player who clears waivers should just automatically be removed as soon as he clears..no reason for him to stay on there.
falkonisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:25 PM   #19
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

well, he isn't really on waivers anymore, he's just in that list where it says "cleared" next to the player's name. It IS clear however, that the Ai is mistaking a player who is in this box for being on waivers when it comes to the offering of a contract..which isn't good
Old 12-22-2011, 11:51 PM   #20
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
but he has cleared waivers...what are you talking about? I was testing the game actually to see what his reaction would be to a contract offer since he's so angry. But that doesn't take away from the fact that he's cleared waiver, and is currently on a minor league roster. Why shouldn't I be able to offer a contract? If you look at the screen shots, it's plain to see he has already cleared waivers, and on a minor league roster.
He is still under contract, on a minor league roster and not in your plans right now. What GM would offer a contract under these circumstances?

RichW