Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Inside the Ropes

TBCB Inside the Ropes Your game and fantasy fights

Old 07-31-2011, 04:56 PM   #1
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

hamed's uni

I was asked if I'd share some of my uni results so here goes:

Daniel Jacobs was my IBO MW champ until last May when he fought Miguel Angel Espino. In the 9th round, Jacobs was DQ'd for holding & hitting & he was far ahead on the score cards. The IBO ordered a rematch, Espino declined so Jacobs fought the 10-0 (8 KO) David Lemieux.

In impressive fashion, Jacobs stopped the heavy handed Canadian bomber via a 6th round TKO. David hit the canvas twice before the fight was stopped & Jacobs moves to 9-1.

Espino is now 2-1, he'd won the WBO MW belt over Jermain Taylor via a 2nd round DQ (21-0, 21 KO's prior to the DQ). Espino lost that belt to Renan St. Juste via a 13th round TKO.

Last edited by hamed2; 07-31-2011 at 04:58 PM.
hamed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:44 AM   #2
Utopian
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamed2 View Post
I was asked if I'd share some of my uni results so here goes:

Daniel Jacobs was my IBO MW champ until last May when he fought Miguel Angel Espino. In the 9th round, Jacobs was DQ'd for holding & hitting & he was far ahead on the score cards. The IBO ordered a rematch, Espino declined so Jacobs fought the 10-0 (8 KO) David Lemieux.

In impressive fashion, Jacobs stopped the heavy handed Canadian bomber via a 6th round TKO. David hit the canvas twice before the fight was stopped & Jacobs moves to 9-1.

Espino is now 2-1, he'd won the WBO MW belt over Jermain Taylor via a 2nd round DQ (21-0, 21 KO's prior to the DQ). Espino lost that belt to Renan St. Juste via a 13th round TKO.
So Espino was 0-1 before facing Jacobs for the title?
Utopian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:40 PM   #3
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
So Espino was 0-1 before facing Jacobs for the title?
No, it was his 1st fight - he's rated as a 2 fighter & he'd be tough to build up. It was a voluntary defense for JT & I just wanted to see how he'd do against him because in real, I think Pavlik stopped him in 5 rounds.

Espino was 1-0, then 1-1 after the loss to St. Juste & now 2-1 after the Jacobs DQ.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:38 PM   #4
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Mike Arnaoutis moved to 12-1 (4 KO's) with a 14th round cut TKO win over Willy Blain to defend his IBO JWW belt for the 1st time. Blain drops to 7-4 with 3 of his losses now due to cuts. His other 2 cut losses were to Juan Martin Coggi in Blain's 2 attempts to take Coggi's WBC JWW crown.

Mike's lone loss was to Amir Khan via a 15 SD. Blain's other loss was also to Khan when Amir beat him by a 15MD to take the WBA JWW strap.

Mike won the IBO belt earlier this year with a 15SD over Vivian Harris.

Harris was making his 1st defense of the title he took from Ricky Hatton who Vivian knocked out in the 12th with a rib shot - Ricky was 3-5 points ahead on all 3 cards @ the time of the KO.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #5
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

6 Heads Lewis made an impressive stop in Northern Ireland defending his WBO WW belt for the 2nd time with a brutal beat down of Eamonn Magee via a 15th round TKO. Magee hit the deck 3 times in the 15th so the 3 KD rule ended the beating. Magee hit the deck 6 times during the fight, one so brutal Howard Cosell would have stopped calling fights had he seen this one too.

6 Heads landed 490 punches @ an incredible 60% connect rate to 109 for Magee & 15%.

6 Heads moves to 29-4-1 (24 KO's) & heads to a probable Fall showdown with Miguel Cotto.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:37 PM   #6
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

England's Anthony Small made his 4th defense of his IBF JMW belt an impressive one with an 8th round KO of Yuri Foreman. In a give & take battle of 2 fighters in which Foreman landed 60% of his punches, Small ended it in the 8th with a well placed combo. Yuri falls to 3-1 & Small improved his record to 8-0 with 6 KO's.

Small last defended his title in June with a 2nd TKO of Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. The fight ended when Chavez hurt his hand after landing a punch on Small's head.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:22 PM   #7
Utopian
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
England's Anthony Small made his 4th defense of his IBF JMW belt an impressive one with an 8th round KO of Yuri Foreman. In a give & take battle of 2 fighters in which Foreman landed 60% of his punches, Small ended it in the 8th with a well placed combo. Yuri falls to 3-1 & Small improved his record to 8-0 with 6 KO's.

Small last defended his title in June with a 2nd TKO of Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. The fight ended when Chavez hurt his hand after landing a punch on Small's head.
Ugh I hate Small, the racist git. Chuck him in their with Cotto, please !
Old 08-18-2011, 11:06 AM   #8
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Ugh I hate Small, the racist git. Chuck him in their with Cotto, please !
LOL, I know what you mean - I saw some thing of him on Youtube. I understand he stopped boxing now due to his religious beliefs.

Cotto would love him & he's my WBA champ but Small is trying to keep his belt for as long as possible. He's rated a 4 in the game so I'm surprised I've been able to build him up with a record like that & that he was able to KO Yuri.

He might have a December defense against Pawel Wolak coming up.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:07 AM   #9
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Sebastian Sylvester was making what he thought was a routine defense of his IBF MW belt vs. old war horse, Wayne Alexander.

In a total shocker, Wayne knocked down Sebastian with a combo for a 4 count in the 3rd & finished him off with a wild overhand right @ 2:35 of the 3rd. Wayne landed 114 punches (57%) to 44 punches & 18% for SS.

Wayne moves to 10-3 & the ex champ drops to 8-2.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:23 AM   #10
Ian Lord
All Star Starter

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing this with us.
Ian Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:50 PM   #11
Utopian
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
LOL, I know what you mean - I saw some thing of him on Youtube. I understand he stopped boxing now due to his religious beliefs.

Cotto would love him & he's my WBA champ but Small is trying to keep his belt for as long as possible. He's rated a 4 in the game so I'm surprised I've been able to build him up with a record like that & that he was able to KO Yuri.

He might have a December defense against Pawel Wolak coming up.
The raging bull will have too much for him IMO.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:28 PM   #12
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The raging bull will have too much for him IMO.
You mean Wolak? Yeah I agree, but now his next fight might be vs. Sebastien Demers instead.

Demers became an overnight sensation in my uni a few years back with a 2nd round KO of Trinidad for his WBA MW belt.

Demers then lost the belt to Cory Spinks on a cut. Last summer, he fought Wayne Alexander & was winning & beating up Wayne but then was caught & stopped in the 6th round. Demers also went 15 rounds with my WBO champ, Tokunbo Olajide in June & in August, Demers beat Joachim Alcine for the Canadian JMW belt by a 12 SD.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:45 AM   #13
Utopian
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
You mean Wolak? Yeah I agree, but now his next fight might be vs. Sebastien Demers instead.

Demers became an overnight sensation in my uni a few years back with a 2nd round KO of Trinidad for his WBA MW belt.

Demers then lost the belt to Cory Spinks on a cut. Last summer, he fought Wayne Alexander & was winning & beating up Wayne but then was caught & stopped in the 6th round. Demers also went 15 rounds with my WBO champ, Tokunbo Olajide in June & in August, Demers beat Joachim Alcine for the Canadian JMW belt by a 12 SD.
Yeah in poland he's known as that (I think I read that in Boxing News once) From the way you bill him, as much as Demers sounds like a good fighter I think its another low risk fight that Small could probably win. Although If he runs into someone good soon I fear for his chances
Old 09-06-2011, 05:52 PM   #14
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah in poland he's known as that (I think I read that in Boxing News once) From the way you bill him, as much as Demers sounds like a good fighter I think its another low risk fight that Small could probably win. Although If he runs into someone good soon I fear for his chances
Yeah, he's trying to keep this title & talk as much junk as he can. I have to say, for a 4 rated fighter, that was impressive to knock out Yuri like that. I thought that fight could be a boring fight that went to decision so I was surprised by that ending.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:03 AM   #15
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

In a fight for the vacant IBO WW bout, huge punching Karl-Heinz Guder faced off against Ener Julio.

The belt was vacant when Saul Alvarez moved up to 154. Guder got the shot due to his impressive punching power & 4-0 (all KO's) record.

Julio was a surprise winner in his last fight @ 140 beating Ricky Hatton by decision & maybe ending Hatton's career.

Early on, Julio looked too slick & powerful for the German dropping Guder in the 2nd, 3rd & 5th rounds. Guder came out on a mission in the 6th though & dropped Ener for a 9 count with a huge right cross & then finished him @ 2:16 of the 6th with a short left hook. One of the the more stunning turn arounds I've ever seen! At the time of the KO, Julio was ahead on all 3 cards by scores of 50-42 twice & 49-43.

Guder, Germany's version of a WW Rocky?
Old 09-17-2011, 09:36 AM   #16
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Reda Zam Zam defended his WBC JMW belt for the 3rd time with a 15 SD (141-139 twice & 140-141) over the tough & determined Travis Simms. In the 5th round, Reda dropped Simms twice & had the American in big trouble. Simms came back in the 6th to drop the champ. In the 13th, Simms came out trying to end things but the wily champ dropped Simms again with a quick right cross for a 2 count.

Simms record drops to 13-2 (9 KO's). His only other loss was to Fernando Vargas via a cut in the 8th round. Simms lost his WBO belt in that fight.

Reda moves to 7-0 (5 KO's).
Old 09-17-2011, 10:58 AM   #17
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Make it 2 for 2 for Danish based fighters making defenses of their WBC titles this weekend. Thomas Damgaard stopped Joseph Elegele via a 14th round TKO in a much tougher fight than anticipated. Thomas dropped Joseph 3 times in the fight & 2 of those times were in the 14th but Thomas also hit the deck once in the 9th round. Thomas was ahead on 2 of the cards, 125-121 but trailed 122-124 on the 3rd one.

Thomas made the 5th defense of his WBC WW belt & moves to 12-1-1 with 11 KO's. He took the belt from Jackson Osei Bonsu by UD & his draw is to current IBF WW champ, Joseph Makaringe & his lone defeat @ WW is years ago to current WBO WW champ, 6 Heads Lewis due to eye swelling in the 6th round.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:04 AM   #18
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

The WBA WW title became vacant when Manny moved up to 154 to seek another title & due to the fact nobody really wanted to challenge him.

So former WBC champ, Jackson Osei Bonsu (JOB), stepped in to take on recent WBC JWW champ, Victor Ortiz.

The 1st 2 rounds were pretty even but in the 3rd, JOB caught Ortiz with a hook that ended the night!

JOB moves to 17-1 (14 KO's) - his lone loss to Thomas Damgaard when he lost his WBC belt via a UD.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:24 PM   #19
Jackyle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The WBA WW title became vacant when Manny moved up to 154 to seek another title & due to the fact nobody really wanted to challenge him.

So former WBC champ, Jackson Osei Bonsu (JOB), stepped in to take on recent WBC JWW champ, Victor Ortiz.

The 1st 2 rounds were pretty even but in the 3rd, JOB caught Ortiz with a hook that ended the night!

JOB moves to 17-1 (14 KO's) - his lone loss to Thomas Damgaard when he lost his WBC belt via a UD.
Boy Ortiz is having a tough go in real life, and in your UNI.
Jackyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:03 PM   #20
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackyle View Post
Boy Ortiz is having a tough go in real life, and in your UNI.
lol, I know! When he got knocked out when I simmed the fight on Sunday morning, I was thinking that looks familiar.

Back in June he'd challenged Devon Alexander for his WBC JWW belt & won the title via a UD. He dropped Devon in the 9th with an uppercut.