Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 08-02-2017, 11:28 AM   #1
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

GMO rotating mlb-style schedules

I was given a bunch of OOTP files from a friend and found these when going through the files. It is a group of rotating files for a mlb 30 team setup like current MLB. This is a group of the 30 possible combinations of rotating interleague schedules. The comments are in the file. I am posting this because another thread had someone ask for a schedule for a 2018-2023 schedule and this would work perfectly for people using fictional MLB seasons or any season using the mlb format.

I have not used any of these. So they pretty much are "as is" but they looked good in excel.
Attached Files
File Type: zip GMO Rotating Schedules.zip (295.4 KB, 120 views)
Old 08-02-2017, 01:47 PM   #2
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I have been using these for several versions of OOTP and they work great.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:04 PM   #3
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I would love the MLB format style schedules as it would vary in off days as such. however its a shame I have a 34 team league and 168 games. I like how the MLB can have an occasional 2 games and 4 games majority be 3 games plus occasional DHs too. Is there a way to setup a MLB style schedule with this and incase this be needed its 18 teams in AL 6 teams in each div and in the NL its 5 east 6 central and 5 west. Would love to try this for the 2056 season. I am still trying to learn on the schedule making. As I am more visual in learning then reading.
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:20 PM   #4
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I have been using these for several versions of OOTP and they work great.
Me too!

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:23 PM   #5
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
I would love the MLB format style schedules as it would vary in off days as such.
Maybe I'm not understanding. With few exceptions MLB offdays are Mondays and Thursdays.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 08-18-2017, 03:42 PM   #6
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Maybe I'm not understanding. With few exceptions MLB offdays are Mondays and Thursdays.
MLB doesn't have every team taking same days off was what I should have said or added to previous statement which varies. Some teams might have 6 games in between days off some will have max 20 games but never the same length of games in between
Old 08-18-2017, 07:06 PM   #7
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
MLB doesn't have every team taking same days off was what I should have said or added to previous statement which varies. Some teams might have 6 games in between days off some will have max 20 games but never the same length of games in between
But all teams get the same total number of off days except for those involved in staggered opening days. This is all set out on the CBA I believe

RichW

#stopthestupid

Old 08-18-2017, 07:21 PM   #8
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
But all teams get the same total number of off days except for those involved in staggered opening days. This is all set out on the CBA I believe

I Agree every team gets same number of off days but my point is not every team gets the same exact day off
Old 08-18-2017, 07:41 PM   #9
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I Agree every team gets same number of off days but my point is not every team gets the same exact day off
Right. That accommodates variations caused by 4 game series which always run Mon-Thu or Fri-Mon.
Edit
4 games series also run Thu-Sun.

Bottom line they all use up an offday possibility.

13 series 52 games are 4 games.

RichW

#stopthestupid

Last edited by RchW; 08-18-2017 at 08:04 PM.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:47 PM   #10
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Right. That accommodates variations caused by 4 game series which always run Mon-Thu or Fri-Mon.

my first reaction was HUH??? MLB has very few 4 game sets .... I am not a programmer and I have tried 2 of OOTP scheduling programs and both have been greek to me.

I apologize if my comments been confusing.

I will make a requested in a new thread for the rotating schedule with the ability (IF POSSIBLE) to have same basic rules as MLB but only with the variations I mentioned above as my league expanded by 4 teams and 168 games.
Old 08-21-2017, 02:06 PM   #11
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
my first reaction was HUH??? MLB has very few 4 game sets ....
Depends on the year and how many series there are scheduled for a club. With 52 series put into 51 half-weeks (with the other half-week being the All-Star Break), that necessitated a minimum of two 2-game series, which in turn meant at least as many 4-game series. It will be interesting to see what changes will occur in the 2018 schedule, given that MLB has added another half-week to the season. Next year it'd be 52 series in 52 half-weeks (assuming clubs still have 52 series; I haven't looked at those numbers since the realignment into two 15-team leagues).

League-wide off days, while rare in the majors, are relatively common in the minor leagues.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:06 PM   #12
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
Depends on the year and how many series there are scheduled for a club. With 52 series put into 51 half-weeks (with the other half-week being the All-Star Break), that necessitated a minimum of two 2-game series, which in turn meant at least as many 4-game series. It will be interesting to see what changes will occur in the 2018 schedule, given that MLB has added another half-week to the season. Next year it'd be 52 series in 52 half-weeks (assuming clubs still have 52 series; I haven't looked at those numbers since the realignment into two 15-team leagues).

League-wide off days, while rare in the majors, are relatively common in the minor leagues.

that makes sense of why there is occasionally a 4 game set and a 2 game set .... Interesting and cool. I am now seeing that's a challenge to do in these schedule things. I certainly hope I learn how to make one so I don't have to depend on you guys. As I am looking forward and hoping that someone is able to make the schedule as I requested ... I love the rotating thing for that now explains why I only played against same division LOL. Don't know why I never put that together since 2001.. I am a technician not a programmer LOL
Old 08-22-2017, 10:58 PM   #13
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
that makes sense of why there is occasionally a 4 game set and a 2 game set .... Interesting and cool.
I think MLB is still scheduling 52 series per club. I do know back when the NL had 12 teams in two divisions, 54 series per club was the standard; in the 14-team AL under the balanced schedule, it was 52 series. (Both numbers were a function of how the club match-ups broke down.)

In 1997, with the introduction of interleague play and balanced schedules in each league, the 5-team division teams played 58 series, while teams in the 4-team divisions played 60 series. (E.g. there were a lot of 2-game series that season.)
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 05:26 PM   #14
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
In 1997, with the introduction of interleague play and balanced schedules in each league, the 5-team division teams played 58 series, while teams in the 4-team divisions played 60 series. (E.g. there were a lot of 2-game series that season.)
IIRC, Davey Johnson made a stink about the amount of series played.
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote